Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

furniture self assembley

• 29-01-2020 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I like one sideboard in Harvey Norman but it is self assembly. I have self assembled beds and simple furniture but I'm bit nervous about building my own sideboard in case it ends up bit wonky.

Any advice? Do you think self assembled furniture can look as if it was done by professional?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

inyourp wrote: »
    I like one sideboard in Harvey Norman but it is self assembly. I have self assembled beds and simple furniture but I'm bit nervous about building my own sideboard in case it ends up bit wonky.

Any advice? Do you think self assembled furniture can look as if it was done by professional?

My advice would be to plan a few hours to yourself with guaranteed no interruption
    Use a blanket on the ground to lay everything out in a room next to the room which your building the item in,
    Use some evostick PVA wood glue on dowels and keep a toilet roll to hand for wiping off small bits of excess during the building process.

Take time to lay everything out where all parts are visible and have a cup of tea or coffee prior to commencing assembly, also regarding tools if you dont have any and your not a daily user of such items then I suggest Shopping at Mr.price or IKEA have a good offer on an assembly kit which is of fairly good standard for only €8

Link: https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/fixa-17-piece-tool-set-00169254/

I've built alot of self assembly items in our daughter's room from the bed to wardrobe and desk, having the desk self assembly made it easier to purchase a toughened glass top to protect the surface as I brought the top section to a local glass company for measuring prior to assembling
    Bit of light reading: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329

Ive found rather than looking at the finished item just yet start at page 01 and it will begin to come together without much stress.

Advertisement