Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 19 April

• 18-04-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

That experiment for good Friday racing was a failure (punting wise :) ).

Back to normal tomorrow. Any fancies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Fratellino was a huge fancy tomorrow looking ridiculously well handicapped but be missed the price so ill let it run. Took 8s on the well handicapped Our Mick who ran better than the result last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The 5:10 at Cork looks ripe for a stroke tomorrow. Now, just to figure out whos's going to pull it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

KEMP - 3:30 - FRASERS HILL (9/2)

Dont usually back the leaders of the market the night before the race, but I really like the look of this horse. Trainer has good record winner with horses coming back from a lengthly absence, and seems to be very well handicapped.

Only bet of the day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Mick pricewised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

bollocks! is King Massini pricewised too?

• Advertisement

Backstard.

Was waiting for him to reappear. Thought it might be in the Bet365.

Probably a blessing though, hes's not exactly in form is pricewise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Elenika 20-1 ew owners local track ..a final win for the season..haydock 3-15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Nulty wrote: »
    Backstard.

Was waiting for him to reappear. Thought it might be in the Bet365.

Probably a blessing though, hes's not exactly in form is pricewise

Had a 5/1 winner (SP 11/4) @ Newmarket on Thursday - Hamza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The 5:10 at Cork looks ripe for a stroke tomorrow. Now, just to figure out whos's going to pull it :)
    Measured Approval has garbage AW form that has brought its rating down, but horse has won a few on turf. The booking of one of the better conditional jockey's seems indicative of this horses chance today. At a nice low mark here too, so should go close. 12/1 with lots of bookies. Hopefully it can recoup some of yesterday's painful losses.

Measured Approval has garbage AW form that has brought its rating down, but horse has won a few on turf. The booking of one of the better conditional jockey's seems indicative of this horses chance today. At a nice low mark here too, so should go close. 12/1 with lots of bookies. Hopefully it can recoup some of yesterday's painful losses.

Have gone for two more horses today, with Trans City in that race. Hard to win with his last victory was nearly 3 years ago off a mark of 76. That said he has really caught the eye in a couple of runs at Dundalk and off a mark of 50 could go well each way.

Also backed Vastonea in the 10 furlong handicap at Cork, 12/1 he is 2/3 fresh and down to his last win mark in the Topaz Mile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

One for me today.

Backed Sea Shanty in the 3:30 at Kempton, finished 4th in what looks to be a very hot handicap on last run of last season when surrounded by subsequent winners and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th placed horses from that race are now rated in treble figures, so a mark of 91 here should not be insurmountable. Won on his reappearance last year and I think 7/1 looks good value today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

6.45 Nottingham looks a decent 3yr old handicap with some lightly raced horses carrying good form from their 2 yr old exploits, chief amongst them the fav meteroid who's run behind bow creek reads rather well. These early season 3yr old races are generally avoided until the form beds down but I'm going to take a chance on the complete outsider emef diamond, whose form doesn't read too bad and who's sire's progeny generally show good improvement from 2 to 3. Good to firm will be right up his street and he's won over the distance ( the only one in the field). Top jockey booked who does well here though his main ride in the evening comes in the following race but there were definitely easier races than this to start him off in and its the trainers only runner at the track so maybe that points to him having a little squeak. 25\1 ew for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:15 Haydock

Frontier Spirit
    sticks out a little bit for me here as a possible improver on good ground and off a very low mark with a decent 7lbs claimer on. He looks to be the stable second choice but his price reflects that. This time last year he put in a couple of decent performance’s on better ground off 18lbs higher and although he has been very poor on the soft ground for the most part this year, I get the feeling he will be better today for a big pot. At 33/1 he is worth a small risk to come back to form.

1 Point EW 33/1 Generally

2:40 Haydock

I struggled to pick on in this race but I’m going to go back with my initial feeling that Ultimate is well handicapped and should he come back to form here on decent ground after a couple of poor runs on soft he may well be hard to knock out of the places at a decent price. Hopefully he was been prepared with today in mind and I’ll have small bet at 20/1 which looks decent value

1 Point EW 20/1 Generally

Haydock 2:05

I’m not sure why I think that Niceonefrankie might come back to form here, but I’m having difficulty fancying anything else at the weights and he sticks out a bit for me here with only 10:01 on his back. Obviously the stable is well capable of producing him for this big pot, and I’d rather take a risk on him at a decent price than any of the others at shorter prices. He is getting back down to the mark of a very good success at Ascot earlier this year albeit over a much shorter trip and he has shown once or twice since that of a reduced mark he may well get competitive again. Last weeks run will have to be forgotten about as it was poor.

1 Point win 14/1 Generally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

2.40 Haydock

Generous Ransom 17/2

I like the look of for the Nick Gifford team. Still unexposed with just 7 starts to date, this 6 year old is 2-2 since switching to handicaps and I thought he was impressive when winning at Wincanton over 2m6f under an enterprising front running ride by Richard Johnson. Upped 7lb for that success and in a better race, I think Generous Ransom definitely has the ability to cope with this harder task and I don't think the drop back to 2m4f will inconvenience him. Nick Gifford has his stable in fine fettle at the moment and Generous Ransom comes from a family that the yard know well and I definitely feel a mark of 123 is within his scope of ability and hopefully he can land this wide open contest at a nice enough price on what is Jamie Moore's first ride for the yard.

5.05 Kempton

White Nile 11/4

White Nile is a horse I've always thought had the ability to turn into a 100+ horse and after a disappointing (in my opinion) 4 year old campaign, he was very impressive on his debut for Ed Dunlop over C+D 10 days ago. Still a very lightly raced 5 year old, this son of Galileo ran out a ready winner by a comfortable 3.5L under today's jockey Ryan Moore and although he has a 7lb rise to contend with and is in a better race I certainly think he's well handicapped off a mark of 92 and he may well end up a 100+ rated horse after today. His current price of 11/4 is much bigger than I thought I'd see and I've had a really nice bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Big fan of James Doyle, think he could be a huge success this year with the new job and all that. Rarely have i seen him not give a horse a good chance to win a race.

Our Mick has joined a select number on the 'Do not back' list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Terrible racing for an Easter Saturday.

Took King Massini at 8s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,433 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

King Massini 7-1 ew 3.15
    Can't see past this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Jesus..not even a run for my money in both races today..time to out the wallet away until November

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Anyone get ATR tracker emails after 230 today for horses that were running?

Very late and that is the latest I have ever received one.

First horse in it was Dark Lane at Bath 730 but I have had no bet on the race.

Second was Moxey at 745 and I have backed him in a real speculative move at 70 on Betfair and 12.5 to place (.5pt each) now that he is dropped down to C6 and has a draw in stall 7 which has produced good results according to the Draw Scan on ATR. Hopeful he might spring a surprise in that.

Another I backed this morning at 11/1 (now 12/1) was Measured Approval at 510 Cork as I thought money would come for him now that he is 4lbs below his last winning mark but it hasn't thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

One for me today.

Backed Sea Shanty in the 3:30 at Kempton, finished 4th in what looks to be a very hot handicap on last run of last season when surrounded by subsequent winners and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th placed horses from that race are now rated in treble figures, so a mark of 91 here should not be insurmountable. Won on his reappearance last year and I think 7/1 looks good value today.

Great spot nice 1. Forgot about it myself. Backed him in that race last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

One for me today.

had a nice few quid on him after reading your write up, thanks for buying pints later on tonight.

Croi An Or 18-1 ew 4.05
    Great ew chance here I think.
    Short or room as was Defining year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ryan Moore is by far the best flat jockey out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got my tracker email at 13.37

HAMIS AL BIN - (Bath, 19:30)

NOBLE PROTECTOR - (Bath, 16:55)

Good lord what a funny ride on Vastonea there

Johner wrote: »
    Ryan Moore is by far the best flat jockey out there.

Agreed.

Also agree with James Doyle being a fantastic young jockey.

2 of the best out there at the minute.

Emptied the clip on KERKENI in the 4.40 at Cork.

Took 4/6 on B365. Don't normally do it with these shorties but I am pretty confident this is free money.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

That kerkini traded very, very short there.

Anyone got a bullet for my clip?

Done at 1.07

Anyone got a bullet for my clip?

Ring Bo Ree should win the donkey derby at 5.00.Wicklewood is nice price though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Couple more for me this evening at Bath:

7:00 - March (15/2) Keen to take on the 3yo fillies here, Ladies Are Forever has been expensive to follow of late so I will sidestep her and have a small interest on March on her first run for Ralph Beckett. My selection was very progressive when trained by Marco Botti last year, if she has continued that progression from 3 to 4 then she could go very close here, won on her reappearance last season.

7:30 - Chester'slittlegem (14/1) Good record over C&D and on fast ground, not a great race by any means and she may need this run on her comeback, so stakes should be kept to a minimum.

Got a bit back with the first of my trackers

• Advertisement

Trans City placing leaves it a small loss on the day. Onward and upward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Jesus White Nile was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

There is a nice punt going on osbournes here in the maiden. 33/1 into around 8/1 seems they can't get enough of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    There is a nice punt going on osbournes here in the maiden. 33/1 into around 8/1 seems they can't get enough of it.

Went off 2nd fav on betfair. Blew the start and that was the end of it. Looked fairly green.

BumperD wrote: »
    6.45 Nottingham looks a decent 3yr old handicap with some lightly raced horses carrying good form from their 2 yr old exploits, chief amongst them the fav meteroid who's run behind bow creek reads rather well. These early season 3yr old races are generally avoided until the form beds down but I'm going to take a chance on the complete outsider emef diamond, whose form doesn't read too bad and who's sire's progeny generally show good improvement from 2 to 3. Good to firm will be right up his street and he's won over the distance ( the only one in the field). Top jockey booked who does well here though his main ride in the evening comes in the following race but there were definitely easier races than this to start him off in and its the trainers only runner at the track so maybe that points to him having a little squeak. 25\1 ew for me.

Ran well and held on for 3rd.

• Advertisement

Took a chance on where's Reilly in the next at bath, beaten short hd in the race last yr off 4lbs higher. Seb Sanders seems to get on well with him.

Advertisement