Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kitybee

Been thinking of hypnotherapy myself for my eating disorder, just don't know much about it at all. Hope it goes well for you :)

Glad things are going well for you, I'm good too except for the mornings. The hypnotist I'm seeing is 90 euro per session and he said one session would probably be enough. It's a good price as long as it works. The thing about hypnotherapy is that it works better the more you believe it will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

my appointment wasn't too bad. still no mention of talk therapy though. she just asked if i wanted to up my dose, i said yeah, so i'm up to 90 from 60. so we'll see how it goes for the next 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Useless people.
    They never help.
    No one seems to care.
    Even those incompetent fools who are supposedly highly trained to.
    All time low.
    It's been 8 years since I've felt this low.
    I want it to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Useless people.
    They never help.
    No one seems to care.
    All time low.
    I want it to end.

Hang in there the only way is up

Ok, so I went to the hypnotist for my sleeping habits, fyi find a really good hypnotist who prepares in advance. It definitely didn't work:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Kitybee wrote: »
    Ok, so I went to the hypnotist for my sleeping habits, fyi find a really good hypnotist who prepares in advance. It definitely didn't work:/

Aww no! I do believe in hypnotherapy, just its so expensive is what makes me apprehensive. I'm fairly sure my eating disorder can't be cured in just one session. 2 years of counselling did pretty much nothing for it like.

Think if I was going to try it I would need to do a lot of research and sit down and have a good chat with the therapist before I agreed. Hopefully someday I can afford it, just hope things havent gotten really bad by then.

Do you have to go back again so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Useless people.
    They never help.
    No one seems to care.
    All time low.
    I want it to end.

Hang in there.

feeling unstable today. i really don't like this.

first day of being up to 90mg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

im just wondering how long people are on medication for anxiety/social anxiety?? I was taking 10mg lexapro for about a year and a half but my counseller hates medication so she persuaded me to come off. im off about 2 months and feel terrible. Im anxious and paranoid again :( i rang my GP yesterday and she is giving me an emergency months supply. I decided to ring as bursting out crying randomly and feeling sick with anxiety is not good and being paranoid. I was never like like on lexapro - 10mg is such a small dose but it kept me sane! Im so angry my therapist wanted me to come off - it will now take another 2 months before i feel "normal" again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    im just wondering how long people are on medication for anxiety/social anxiety?? I was taking 10mg lexapro for about a year and a half but my counseller hates medication so she persuaded me to come off. im off about 2 months and feel terrible. Im anxious and paranoid again :( i rang my GP yesterday and she is giving me an emergency months supply. I decided to ring as bursting out crying randomly and feeling sick with anxiety is not good and being paranoid. I was never like like on lexapro - 10mg is such a small dose but it kept me sane! Im so angry my therapist wanted me to come off - it will now take another 2 months before i feel "normal" again.

counsellors like this really piss me off. she is not medically qualified so therefore she has no right, no knowledge and no qualifications to tell you to stop prescription medication.

• Advertisement

Do you have to go back again so?

No! I wouldn't go back if you paid me. He was a crap hypnotist. He was reading everything he said off sheets and repeating himself during the meditation...I think hypnotism works on certain things, but this guy was only set up less than a year...get one with recommendations because the institute for hypnotists in Ireland must be pretty easy to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Haven't posted on here for ages so thought I would give a quick update ;)

Basically, I'm grand. Prozac seems to be working fine, side effects are gone completely. Appetite still a little surpressed but this is not a bad thing as I was over-eating and bingeing on crap food for comfort (Over half a stone gone and counting...) I just make sure to eat something nourishing when I am hungry. Hopefully the Prozac keeps working. Guess I'm very lucky to hit jackpot with my meds first try. While the first month was pretty rough going (nausea, spaceville, etc.) I'm glad I stuck it out. Feel like a "normal" person again.

Hope you all are doing better, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

sam34 wrote: »
    counsellors like this really piss me off. she is not medically qualified so therefore she has no right, no knowledge and no qualifications to tell you to stop prescription medication.

That pisses me off too. My counsellor said straight out to me when discussing going down a further route that while she doesn't necessarily agree with medication and would prefer to talk ya to your health (obviously!), she says she has seen the medication work enough to not throw it aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

hi

just wondering is anyone else on the same as me....

taking 200mg of lustral and 5mg of abilify everyday for the past 4 months

i read somewhere this is a bad mix but just wondering what other peoples opinions are?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

ene wrote: »
    hi

i read somewhere this is a bad mix but just wondering what other peoples opinions are?

Youll have to ask your doc or pharmicist op, no med avdvice can be given here

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

not looking for medical advice just wondering if anyone else is on the same tablets as me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ene wrote: »
    hi

it's not a "bad mix", it's a perfectly fine mix, but if you have concerns speak to your gp or pharmacist.

Awkward weekend for me, just down to boredom really. Did nothing yesterday except sit in.

I've spent so much of my life in solitary confinement that I just don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working. When I'm bored I feel really empty and end up eating, trying to fill the void. But it doesn't work. Luckily I'm the type who doesn't really gain much weight but it doesn't make it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Was on weekend leave from hospital. Had a few really sudden but very extreme mood swings in the low direction. Ended up suicidal each time, up to planning how to do it, when to do it and making sure I had the means to do it last night (though thankfully woke up my wife rather than attempting anything).

Really not a good weekend. I haven't had a mood swing that severe in many years. Back in hospital now where it's safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Karsini wrote: »
    Awkward weekend for me, just down to boredom really. Did nothing yesterday except sit in.

this weather benefits no one tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Felt really anxious and down in work today for some reason so told my manager I was feeling sick and came home early,just feel like hiding away from the world for a few days.It's always the same old pattern,feel okay for a week or two and then bang,the black cloud comes back and I need to hide away and get my head straight for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

what i find about this invisible illness is the fact that it has caused so much pain and greif to peoples life/home/work place but yet we dont have a decent forum for sufferers to just interact with other people and just explain how hard it really is.

what really gets to me is the taboo about it in ireland.
    then when something happens,the first thing people say is...only if they opened up and talked to us we would have helped or tryed to listen.....

ah sorry everyone just in a rant at the moment:mad:form is bad,but ill fight on.

hope everyone is doing ok:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Hello all,

The doctor gave me a script of Mirtazapine 15mg to try out. Ive read alot about weight gain and want to hear if anybody here HASNT gain weight with it??

Ive lost 2 stone and could do with losing another 2 not gaining!! Is it just a case of resisting the evil chocolate (cause im quite good at that!) or is there more to it??

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

FluffyCat wrote: »
    Hello all,

The doctor gave me a script of Mirtazapine 15mg to try out. Ive read alot about weight gain and want to hear if anybody here HASNT gain weight with it??

Ive lost 2 stone and could do with losing another 2 not gaining!! Is it just a case of resisting the evil chocolate (cause im quite good at that!) or is there more to it??

Cheers

It's an appetie stimulent so you will eat more, i put on 2 stone in 7 weeks, i found it helpful with sleep, but i couldnt hack the weight gain and came off it, all medications affect people differently, try it out give it at least 8 weeks before you make a judgement call, some people only put on a little weight others put on more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

luckyfrank wrote: »
    It's an appetie stimulent so you will eat more, i put on 2 stone in 7 weeks, i found it helpful with sleep, but i couldnt hack the weight gain and came off it, all medications affect people differently, try it out give it at least 8 weeks before you make a judgement call, some people only put on a little weight others put on more

But if I just keep my mouth shut should it be ok? I already take sea kelp for weight but I not going to take the ADs if weight will an issue!! That will make me more depressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Good luck! My mood has been overall fine this year once I got my dosage right, but my motivation is still very low! Find it hard to get out of bed and to exercise, but not sure why. I used to exercise more when my mood was low tbh, try and keep my mind off things.

Been thinking of hypnotherapy myself for my eating disorder, just don't know much about it at all. Hope it goes well for you :)

I would suggest you see a good psychotherapist or psychologist, I don't have any time time for hypnotherapy; but the quality of training in Ireland for hypnotherapists is very poor. Get a good therapist or have you tried any support groups? Best of luck with it.

Just seen another post about you being in therapy, if that did not work would you consider going inpatient for treatment focused on your eating disorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Odysseus wrote: »
    I would suggest you see a good psychotherapist or psychologist, I don't have any time time for hypnotherapy; but the quality of training in Ireland for hypnotherapists is very poor. Get a good therapist or have you tried any support groups? Best of luck with it.

Just seen another post about you being in therapy, if that did not work would you consider going inpatient for treatment focused on your eating disorder?

My counselling was mostly focused on my depression, we really didn't dwell on my eating habits much at all. Just more so cropped up in conversation. We focused a lot on my self esteem issues, I think we just thought that if we could make those better the other stuff would get sorted too.

I'm definitely not bad enough to need to check into a clinic. Hard to describe it like. Moving out of home in a few months and I feel it will either go one way or the other. Either there won't be any food in my new place for me to binge on cause I won't buy it, or things will get worse cause I will have a lot more privacy. I'll see how I get on and consider then about more counselling.

what really gets to me is the taboo about it in ireland.
    then when something happens,the first thing people say is...only if they opened up and talked to us we would have helped or tryed to listen.....

what gets me about this is everyone says they're there for you if you want to talk, but no one checks up on you to see how you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

what gets me about this is everyone says they're there for you if you want to talk, but no one checks up on you to see how you are.

People just say things like that to give the impression that they care and to make themselves feel better,but the majority of the time they don't mean it and don't even think twice about saying it,which is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

FluffyCat wrote: »
    But if I just keep my mouth shut should it be ok? I already take sea kelp for weight but I not going to take the ADs if weight will an issue!! That will make me more depressed!!

Doesnt really work like that, if your that concerned about putting on weight id revisit your doctor, it is a listed side-effect and from personal experience the weight goes on fast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement