Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

OS_Head wrote: »
    So you still think the witch-hunt called the Russia collusion, which wasn't was actually real? Ever mongrel on the street knows it was made up by Hillary Clinton and Obama was briefed. The only person convicted was the FBI lawyer for fabricating evidence. But you might have missed that since MSM didn't report it.

Did you actually listen to the Georgia tape in full or did you just listen to MSM's take on it. If you do listen with unbiased ears you will find he was asking for him to find votes that had been switched, went missing or were unverified. Here's the full Trump quote.

The Capitol Coup that started 12min before his speech finished? That coup? The one were he asked his supporters to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard? That one? That's what the second impeachment is about and the house passed it illegally in 7 hours.

And that last thing:

So you have proof of this? Not just hear say? Because that's all it is. Hear say. Just like the Atlantic anonymous story during last year that got the backing of all left wing press. Later it was shown to be false, but MSM don't really care cos the damage has been done and stories like this suit their agenda.

Now I have taken my time to explain some things to you. You should take some of your own time to independently verify and figure out why all this is happening. Time for you to wake up Sleeper12. Simply going along with the MSM narrative is ignorant and down right lazy unless you really are asleep. Any one that doesn't question MSMs motives are simply allowing them to manufacture consent to these events.

You do realise Fox is the most watched cable news network? Would that not make it the MSM?

Your post is like something Roger Stone or Steven Bannon would write, it gives zero indication that have you have paid the slightest bit of attention to everything that Trump has said, done and tweeted over the last 4 years.

Did you even watch the events of the 6th of January, Trump ratcheting up the rhetoric more and more as his speech went on despite saying at the outset about protesting peacefully. Did you see the videos of people saying as they broke in to the Capitol that 'he invited them in there'?

I listened to the Georgia tape in full and it is laughable that you are defending it. He went about it several different ways to say that he only wanted them to find 11,780 votes, even saying he didn't care about any more illegal votes.

As for the Russian collusion that apparently was fake news. 215 indictments were served on people connected with that investigation, the administration with the next closest number of indictments was the Nixon one, and that had 76.

Trump was an incompetent embarrassment in virtually every facet of his Presidency and from noon on Wednesday, we will start to hear story after story from within the administration which will paint a very grim picture of what this guy was truly like behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He won’t be permitted to run again I don’t think.

He’s popular with the hardened right wingers, his hardcore base but through his behavior there will be a significant number of people of the right, center right mainly, alienated or fearful of four more years of DT...

They will remember his swan song, the Capitol riots. He enabled that. Republicans know he is damaged goods. He has damaged the Republican Party. To the point that even though the democrats just got the presidency back... it’s going to take one colossal fûck up by Biden and his administration for any republican to beat The Democrats in four years time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Think anyone who thinks Trump has a future in politics hasn't being paying attention to the past 6 years. Before he won the nomination, everyone from Lindsey Graham, Kelly-Anne Conway, Ted Cruz, Nikki Halley and Kayleigh McEnaney all said on the record how much they didn't want him as the Republican nominee. And that was before he was lost the popular vote twice, was impeached twice and presided over the most abysmal management of a national emergency probably in American history.

And that's on how Trump is viewed, as to how he feels himself about politics. He didn't put his name forward for an election until he was 68 years old and according to his former attorney of ten years, primarily did so then because of jealousy over how Obama was viewed when he was President. Trump didn't get out of his car as he drover through his supporters when they marched in Washington on the 7th of November to support him. His 'campaigning' was limited to getting off a plane, talking to people who were always going to vote for him and then disappearing. He never did clinics, town halls, meet and greets or anything like that to actually engage with people. The image he portrayed while being President was of someone who did not want to be there and plenty former staff of his have already said how disinterested he was in doing anything resembling work.

From noon on Wednesday the Republican party will start to distance themselves from him. Those who have fought his corner since November 6th have mostly done so to appeal to the 74M who voted for him rather than any great interest or belief in the man himself. The likes of Nikki Halley, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence et al have their own aspirations on the highest office and there is no way they will stand aside in 4 years time to allow this guy to claim the limelight. The GOP has taken serious damage over supporting this guy once and while I won't say they'll clean up their act totally because they definitely won't, their time supporting Trump is done.

Not only has Trump done so much damage to the GOP party and to some of the main people within it but he has also light a fire on any aspirations his kids had on following him in to the White House. Ivanka is the only one I felt would be a contender but I felt she would be in a very strong position were she to run given her being female, attractive, a mother, a business woman and we would hear all sorts of nonsense about how much experienced she gained to prepare her for the office from watching and working with her father. All of it BS. But I think that is no longer a likely possibility. Trump has given GOP primary competitors and Democrat election opponents too much ammunition for campaign material for Ivanka and Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham to be able to paint over.

I think Trump's future will be on defending his business from the ongoing investigations and trying to find a way to salvage some of the damage done to the Trump brand name which he may even have to change if it is as tainted as it seems to be. I can't see him launching a media platform because I don't think he'll get the funding needed to make it a serious player but I wouldn't put it past him to try to find a way to continue to get his die hard fans to give up more of their hard earned money for his next grift.

He could have faded away in to some sort of 'respectful retirement' possibly hosting a show on Fox or something if he had just accepted his defeat and gone quietly. Everything he has done for the last 12 months and particularly since the election has ensured that that will not happen and the efforts he has gone to to overturn the legitimate election tells me he was very scared of the idea of losing the security of the office and boy has he ensure now he has lost it. Worst. President. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Manipulated media in this instance means that the audio was cut out, that's all. I wasn't pretending he was just standing there for no reason.

Can you not see from his gate and movement and his slow speech and slow reaction time that this guy should be enjoying his retirement instead of being put through the mill at his age? If you cannot see that then I don't know what to say to you.

This debate happened months ago, you must have missed it. It’s perfectly clear to anyone with a fully functional brain that Biden’s health and physical condition is perfectly normal for someone of his age.

What is it about trump that you like exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Zaph wrote: »
    It's an interesting one that, because he has indicated that it's something he's interested in. However running a presidential election campaign is ruinously expensive, and I foresee Donald not turning out to be as rich as he boasted he was in the near future. Rumour is the Trump Organisation owes $ 1.1bn, and their main Banker, Deutsche Bank wants nothing more to do with the Trump name. On top of that you have the New York tax investigations, which even if he wins are going to result in huge legal and accountant bills, not to mention all his time that it will take up. Now obviously candidates don't fund campaigns themselves, but given the way political donors have closed their wallets since the insurrection, digging deep into his own pockets may be the only way he has of funding a campaign. I suppose the other way he could raise funds are from the millions of deluded individuals who still support him, but there's a limit as to how much each can donate I believe, so he'd need an awful lot of them to stump up the cash for him to run. Ultimately I think it will be financial, rather than political considerations that stop him from running again.

However, let's say he does somehow manage to raise enough money, can the Republican Party stop him running for them? Presumably you just have to be a member of the party to declare as a candidate, but was Bernie Sanders a registered Democrat when he stood in their primaries? If you do have to be a party member, the simplest and most expedient way for the GOP to deal with the issue would be to rescind his membership, but booting out a former president risks further divisions within the party. I'd guess that privately they're all hoping that he has some sort of health issue that will stop him running and save them having to make a decision.

Where did that rumour come from? Trump is a very rich Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

_Brian wrote: »
    I wonder will Biden pardon him. It’s happened before where incoming president has pardoned his predecessor to help smooth the transition and move life on in America.
    Big difference here I suppose is Trump made it personal against the oncoming team so they may well stick it to him.

If he’s not pardoned I’d expect he will face a long series of law cases that will break him. The party will rally a bit initially but get sick of him and his trouble and move away from him. The trumps will shrink away from public life as a result of their name being synonymous with shame and corruption.

Pardoned for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,843 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where did that rumour come from? Trump is a very rich Man.

Says who? His creditors?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Could he pardon Snowden and Assange today I wonder? That'd be some top level trolling if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Pardoned for what?

Pardoned following his upcoming impeachment and following civil trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What's no one on boards wants to hear.

TDS is real.

And if you don't think so, then you probably have it. Here... Have a Red Pill. :pac::pac::pac:
    You sound like one of those people who think the world is dandy and fine are. I guess you're really just a lazy minded brainwashed sheep. Do you find it easier to just agree with everything you're told? You sure you don't want a Red Pill?

Mod
    Nobody here wants a Red Pill.

But you can have a Thread Ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Shur you d love to see him go to jail, but that won't happen, he 'll just continue to be the loud idiot drama queen snowflake he is, and millions will follow him forever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Strumms wrote: »
    He won’t be permitted to run again I don’t think.

He’s popular with the hardened right wingers, his hardcore base but through his behavior there will be a significant number of people of the right, center right mainly, alienated or fearful of four more years of DT...

They will remember his swan song, the Capitol riots. He enabled that. Republicans know he is damaged goods. He has damaged the Republican Party. To the point that even though the democrats just got the presidency back... it’s going to take one colossal fûck up by Biden and his administration for any republican to beat The Democrats in four years time.....

Biden has already begun to f*** up.
    He wants $15 minimum wage which will kill businesses when they try to reopen after the lockdowns end, he wants to revive the Iran deal, he wants to let in millions of illegal immigrants and he appointed the war hawks who were behind the Arab Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So you still think the witch-hunt called the Russia collusion, which wasn't was actually real? Ever mongrel on the street knows it was made up by Hillary Clinton and Obama was briefed. The only person convicted was the FBI lawyer for fabricating evidence. But you might have missed that since MSM didn't report it.

Did you actually listen to the Georgia tape in full or did you just listen to MSM's take on it. If you do listen with unbiased ears you will find he was asking for him to find votes that had been switched, went missing or were unverified. Here's the full Trump quote.

The Capitol Coup that started 12min before his speech finished? That coup? The one were he asked his supporters to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard? That one? That's what the second impeachment is about and the house passed it illegally in 7 hours.

And that last thing:

So you have proof of this? Not just hear say? Because that's all it is. Hear say. Just like the Atlantic anonymous story during last year that got the backing of all left wing press. Later it was shown to be false, but MSM don't really care cos the damage has been done and stories like this suit their agenda.

Now I have taken my time to explain some things to you. You should take some of your own time to independently verify and figure out why all this is happening. Time for you to wake up Sleeper12. Simply going along with the MSM narrative is ignorant and down right lazy unless you really are asleep. Any one that doesn't question MSMs motives are simply allowing them to manufacture consent to these events.
    TDS is real.
    It sure is

Biden has already begun to f*** up. He wants as $15 minimum wage, he wants to revive the Iran deal, he wants to let in millions of illegal immigrants and he appointed the war hawks who were behind the Arab Spring.

Minimum wage and Iran, great calls, and where did he say about immigrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Another Eastern European model missus after Melania gets the boot/runs away.

Melania has kept her end of the bargain so she's counting the $'s and is in See Ya ! mode as we speak.

As for the Donald..watch out for Trump TV, its a coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

biko wrote: »
    Keep doing business I suppose, maybe have another go at Biden in 2024.

Biden won't last until 2024. It'll be Harris he has to deal with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Minimum wage and Iran, great calls, and where did he say about immigrants?

The minimum wage will kill small business already crippled by these insane lockdowns. They will prevent people from working who could agree to work for less than $15 and prevent businesses from hiring them.

Obama paid Iran billions of dollars to shut down their nuclear program. They kept the money and continued the program. Trump slapped sanctions on Iran. Biden is going to lift the sanctions and Iran is going to resume it's quest for a nuke.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If he is not banned from running through being impeached he'll end up the front runner in the Republican party for 2024.

Its a bit of a 50/50 if this happens but Id say Trump himself would run again if he can. His fate now rests with Mitch McConnell and if he decides to vote to convict him in the Senate then he will be able to rustle up the required votes to do so.

McConnell is stuck between a rock and a hard place now. If he convicts Trump the Reps lose a fair slice of those 77m votes. If he doesnt and Trump runs then a lot of Republican moderates & independents will flock to the Dems in 2024 and they will win the White House by default. If Trump runs as an independent then he wont have the money to compete and will split the Republican vote down the middle and hand the White House to the Dems on a plate.

The Reps would be better off just cutting him loose and going with someone middle of the road like Nikki Hayley in 2024 or even convincing Paul Ryan to make a comeback. If they allow Trump to run all the Dems have to do is run campaign ads on TV showing the Capitol riots on loop, in doing so they will make the election about keeping Trump out of power just like the 2020 version was.

The minimum wage will kill small business already crippled by these insane lockdowns. They will prevent people from working who could agree to work for less than $15 and prevent businesses from hiring them.

Obama paid Iran billions of dollars to shut down their nuclear program. They kept the money and continued the program. Trump slapped sanctions on Iran. Biden is going to lift the sanctions and Iran is going to resume it's quest for a nuke.

funnily enough, increasing the money supply by increasing minimum wages would save many businesses, as there would be more money in circulation, increasing the velocity of the money supply, the less money that is in circulation, the more likely businesses will fail.

trumps idiocy in regard the iran deal, has in fact significantly increased the potential of nuclear activities, because hes thick, and has no understanding of such complexities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Hopefully he crawls up his own @rse and we see/hear very little from him.

The damage he's done in the US will take decades to repair. The less he and his repugnant family are seen/heard of the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,494 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I was watching the news last night and they were going on about the inauguration and the lockdown of DC.

What better optical display is required to the real damage that Trump has done. One can argue about tax policies, foreign policy etc but having to lock down an entire part of a city for fear of domestic terrorism is a new low for the US.

Trump came into the job claiming that it was Mexicans and Muslims that were the threat to the US, and it turns out it was him and his most loyal supporters than ended up the real threat.

Biden's inauguration should (it won't) mark a stark moment for the US to reflect on what just happened, how far along the path to civil war they have actually stepped and what real work needs to be done to get themselves back on track.

Trump should be (he won't ) be seen as the pariah that he is. As the man that lead the US down this path and help accelerate its demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭francois

I think the truth will eventually emerge that the elections were rigged and he was duped out of the office. I have a feeling it won't emerge untill sleepy Joe is out of office due to his age and at that point it will be too late to reinstate Donald.

I see you are "new" here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

No He's pushing on. Will not be able for another campaign run. Plus, I can see the Republican Party eventually slowly distancing themselves from him. I know he has a huge amount of supporters now and they are a vocal and often dangerous bunch. But, with no Social Media platform and, having lost Congress and Senate, his power to intimidate Republicans will drop to nothing in the next 18 months. Again, as I said in other posts, I don't believe that the GOP will have a change of heart for any altruistic reasons, they will see that, in another couple of years or so, that the average Republican voter will be heard over the MAGA loons. 2022 will be a deciding point and will show the direction the party is going.
    The first few months he will still be floating about but, once out of sight, he will soon be out of mind. Any of his lackeys like Cruze will be tarnished with the same brush once they try to be the next Trump. Democrats will say that his rhetoric damaged the country internally like no other politician since the Civil war and Internationally the US was never so reviled even by former allies.

So he'll float around. Write a book. Appear on those Christian Rightwing propaganda stations like One America or whatever. And keep them afloat for a bit. Maybe make up with Fox "news". He may even start his on station but a station needs sponsors and advertising and right now he's poison for advertisers. Can you honestly see Budweiser or Coca Cola advertising on Trump TV? He'll lose millions over the next few years but you'll still see Trump Towers everywhere for another 10 years or so. Eventually the prime sites will be bought up.

If he's around at all he'll be a shell of a man by 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭scuba8

Which laws?

He is a non indicted co conspirator for the same offences that put his lawyer Cohen in prison. When he no longer has the protection of the Presidency he could be convicted and imprisoned for that. That does not include all the other crimes for which he is being investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

_Brian wrote: »
    I wonder will Biden pardon him. It’s happened before where incoming president has pardoned his predecessor to help smooth the transition and move life on in America.
    Big difference here I suppose is Trump made it personal against the oncoming team so they may well stick it to him.

If he’s not pardoned I’d expect he will face a long series of law cases that will break him. The party will rally a bit initially but get sick of him and his trouble and move away from him. The trumps will shrink away from public life as a result of their name being synonymous with shame and corruption.
    I think before last Wednesday there was a chance, I really don't think now that there is any appetite for a pardon of Trump other than from his most rabid supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭yagan

I can't see Trump doing much without Twitter, and only his true believer insurrectionist will migrate to whatever new online megaphone that will have him.

The mainstream media are unlikely to touch him, even for a quick ratings boost if he continues to refute the transition. Know what a person fears most by how they treat others, and Trump obviously fears being called a loser. Without the respect for the office of president it's more likely the media will absolutely go to town on him now.

yagan wrote: »
    I can't see Trump doing much without Twitter, and only his true believer insurrectionist will migrate to whatever new online megaphone that will have him.

The mainstream media are unlikely to touch him, even for a quick ratings boost if he continues to refute the transition. Know what a person fears most by how they treat others, and Trump obviously fears being called a loser. Without the respect for the office of president it's more likely the media will absolutely go to town on him now.

maybe he ll setup his own media platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

yagan wrote: »

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    maybe he ll setup his own media platform?

I think he'll be on OAN or Newsmax before the week is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I can see him trying to get into the media game somehow. He's seen how easy it is to influence the lesser minded into believing any old tripe and how they can be easily led into the most ridiculous of raptures with the simplest of lies. He'll build something to try and tap into the lowest of the low on the right and syphon off a few bob from them while feeding them the bullshit they want to hear about Commies, the left, gays, women and whatever you're having yourself.

I'm sure that it's crossed his mind to start up a new political party too, but with American politics the way it is, he'd never be more than a minnow. It's doubtful that he'd see the numbers that the Libertarians can muster. Also, any attempt at poaching the stupider areas of the right that the Republicans enjoy will only result in handing the Democrats the White House for the foreseeable future and the GOP will make moves to silence him or buy him off to avoid that.

Either way, Trump and Trumpism isn't over. It'll continue, but will be on a much lower scale. The simple fact is is he blew it. He had people hanging on his every word but just wasn't disciplined enough to control himself better and carry things through to another term. He got lucky in 2016, but was too narcissistic to understand just how tenuous his situation really was and it's all ended in an absolute shambles.

Advertisement