Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phil Hogan set up?

• 08-09-2020 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

So I met up with some friends the weekend and the topic of conversation turned to Phil.Our local conspiracy expert reckons that Phil was caught up in a long planned sting operation and set up by British intelligence using 3rd parties and his own personality against him.
    The idea being that it would be easier for them with him out of the way ,and with someone more amenable in his place.

Now I can’t stand Phil and I am glad he’s gone but wondering if anyone here has any views on this?.Would such a operation be possible or totally beyond the realms.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Yeah because he was driven to Clifden and forced to sit through that meal.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

So I met up with some friends the weekend and the topic of conversation turned to Phil.Our local conspiracy expert reckons that Phil was caught up in a long planned sting operation and set up by British intelligence using 3rd parties and his own personality against him.
    The idea being that it would be easier for them with him out of the way ,and with someone more amenable in his place.

Now I can’t stand Phil and I am glad he’s gone but wondering if anyone here has any views on this?.Would such a operation be possible or totally beyond the realms.

That would be a grand idea, except good oul Phil hasn't really a track record of looking out for anyones interests but his own. in recent memory:

Irish Water:
    However, Hogan warned that “water pressure will be turned down for people who don’t pay”.

EU-Mercosur trade agreement:
    So Phil can shove his €1bn where the sun doesn't shine because it will not save our beef industry.

Seems reasonable..

I've always liked Sting. Good to see he's keeping busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

He was set up to break the law by using his mobile phone while driving and then get away with it?

A masterstroke if ever there was one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It was an operation by isis who are really the Israeli secret intelligence service. The real target was Crocodile Dundee Paul Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Phil threatened the press years back as he was photographed with his secretary and he said he would teach them a lesson and guess what they waited in the long grass and he go taught a lesson. A thick self serving bastrad

Advertisement