Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max is on TCM!

Options
  • 08-09-2020 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

its been a while, defo double digits at this stage but feck it im waitin on a wash to finish, im off work tomorro and ive tapped into the crate of cider i was savin for me bday in oct.

WHAT A FUKIN MOVIE!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

1990sman wrote: »
    its been a while, defo double digits at this stage but feck it im waitin on a wash to finish, im off work tomorro and ive tapped into the crate of cider i was savin for me bday in oct.

WHAT A FUKIN MOVIE!!!

Quality, that'll do nicely now lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dulceetdecorum

do you have any spare change

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

the only change i can offer is a reflection of the hyperbolic self you philosophize in mirror...

DUDE ITS MAD MAX!!

some scenes they probably wouldnt get away with today... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Is that the one where there's a giant rock rolling after him through a temple?

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    Is that the one where there's a giant rock rolling after him through a temple?
    nay, its the other one with the auld predestined collapse of society enveloping around an ever decreasing species of staunch folk.

its an old story

oh no, its that scene, they're on the coast, he's distracted, she's rockin a shirt and panties with classic early eighties hair...only bad things can happen :(

oh no. why did they pull in so soon after running into the loony bikers! would ya not keep drivin for a few days.

savage arse on her tho

• Advertisement

savage arse on her tho

Bed time man

Bed time man
    nay. second half of the film kickin off, the wife and kid just got killed by bikers,his world is collasped and set him on an infinite path of unsatisfying revenge.

im heatin up chicken soup and openin another can

Very nice. Are you making toast and then putting cheese, grilling cheese on toast or using a sandwich maker toaster thing. the ones you press down.

its the way of the grill. tactical and specific yet rewarding in the perfectness of slighty cruncy yet melted cheese.

the chains in those hand cuffs are high tensile steel, it will take you 10 minutes to cut through them with this hacksaw, now if your lucky you can get though your wrist in less.

Cant believe your thread got foreclosed man. Fight the power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Ah the film started great. Lovely arses, motorbikes, killing.
    But then this synopsis missed a beat and it just all ended rather cheesy I found.

#CheeseMax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Just remembered i've the dvd box set here of the 3 original movies.... I might do an all nighter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Oops! wrote: »
    Just remembered i've the dvd box set here of the 3 original movies.... I might do an all nighter...

You're running out of road there, Maxie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's got some great scenes but I remember finding it a bit of a slog to get through the whole movie last time I watched it, unlike 2 which has perfect pacing to keep you interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Mad Max 2 (specifically Lord Humongous) gets my vote!

525647.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

A crate of cider? You won't be going to work for the rest of the week with that stuff. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The first ever film I rented out when we got a VCR. That was still when the only version available had ridiculous American accents dubbed over it, I think was done to try and sell it yo the yank market. Thankfully the original dialogue has been reinstated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Want justice. We want Thunderdome!

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Want justice. We want Thunderdome!

Thunderdome is deffo the weaker of the original trilogy in my opinion. Bigger budget but less thrills.

thunderdome was essential

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Interesting bit of trivia.

The chap that played Toecutter in Mad Max

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSu5VQXD4pIFa98DZgy5ExQTR8cWL7QXg-ZNQ&usqp=CAU

also played Immortan Joe in Mad Max Fury Road.

ImmortanJoeMadMax.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

the chains in those hand cuffs are high tensile steel, it will take you 10 minutes to cut through them with this hacksaw, now if your lucky you can get though your wrist in less.

"Or you could just blow the lighter out and cut through the handcuffs at your leisure" :pac:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    "Or you could just blow the lighter out and cut through the handcuffs at your leisure" :pac:
    nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Advertisement