Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news stories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Gender reveal parties, such f*cking nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Happily displaying my ignorance here but what the fcuk is a gender reveal party?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Happily displaying my ignorance here but what the fcuk is a gender reveal party?

It's where you gatecrash a wedding wearing a balaclava and a skirt, hop the bar and swipe a bottle of sambuca, then while making your escape with the bar staff and best man in pursuit, slip on the dancefloor revealing your genitalia to the wedding guests. You yell "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" as appropriate to the bride's mother before bailing out the fire escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A load of fûckery of Yank origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

BB18Mqd4.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f
    More than 200 people were airlifted to safety over the weekend after becoming trapped by a fire at a popular camping area.
    A wildfire that has destroyed more than 7,000 acres and forced 3,000 people to leave their homes was started by a firework at a baby's gender reveal party, firefighters have said.

Where the feck is the good news in any of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

A load of fûckery of Yank origin.

well that clears it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

RichT wrote: »
    Where the feck is the good news in any of that?
    They are good ........................... wait for it ................ news stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's where posh people reveal to there friends what gender the baby they just had is. Its quiet ned. Only heard of it recently mumyself and thamought it was for something else you maybe a women or man wanting to reveal that they had maybe swapped gender to there friends and family.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely story ( cannot post links) on online news of a beautiful white Akita dog who finally found a home after four years in a Rescue Centre .

breakingnews.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So stupid people starting a wildfire that burns thousands of acres killing countless wild animals and endangering homes, you consider this a “good news story”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Gender reveal parties, such f*cking nonsense

Why are they nonsense? Just seems to me like the equivalent of a baby shower where parents tell friends what their having.

I imagine there is a thread on the boards.ie equivalent in a different country talking about how Irish people who distance themselves from the Catholic Church, have christens which are just in reality a piss up for parents coming to terms with the faces their social lives have been curtailed forever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

faceman wrote: »
    Why are they nonsense? Just seems to me like the equivalent of a baby shower where parents tell friends what their having.

I imagine there is a thread on the boards.ie equivalent in a different country talking about how Irish people who distance themselves from the Catholic Church, have christens which are just in reality a piss up for parents coming to terms with the faces their social lives have been curtailed forever

Because the parents are assuming the gender of their child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

_Brian wrote: »
    So stupid people starting a wildfire that burns thousands of acres killing countless wild animals and endangering homes, you consider this a “good news story”

Think good news story vs good news story. I think the OP means the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Jesus died for our sins?

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement