Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - continuous website changes... what's going on?

Options
  • 03-05-2018 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭

For well over a year now, Boards.ie flips back and forth every other week between a new mobile friendly UI and the traditional website look.

Is it just me, is there some kind of A/B testing going on, or is there some schizophrenic website admin in charge?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, it's just controlled by a cookie with the value for your account once you log in. Nothing is actually changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ardent wrote: »
    For well over a year now, Boards.ie flips back and forth every other week between a new mobile friendly UI and the traditional website look.

Is it just me, is there some kind of A/B testing going on, or is there some schizophrenic website admin in charge?

There has been testing in the past, but has it really changed that much? Mine changed once or twice, when not prompted by me, and I simply reverted to my choosen style from the tabs at the very bottom of the page.

Only other changes was when done by me, maybe through clearing history, cookies, or caches on my device. Then just choose my own style again.

Advertisement