Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going into town

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

So, as if people from the country don't get the opportunity to travel abroad and see other cities. Stop acting like Dublin is the centre of the world.

And how often do you get to abroad like? Once/twice a year?

Dublin is a nice city by our standards in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    I am beginning to think Dublin City is for tourists who fly in and those who live there.
    Parking charges, traffic restrictions and cost of public transport inhibit casual visits. If I lived in ranelagh or contaref and had a bike I’d be fine.:D

Ahh, speak for yourself..I think Dublin a much nicer city today than it was in the past because cars have been given less prominence in the city. It is so important for quality of life for locals, not just tourists. Tourists simply like nice enjoyable places, as do locals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

GT89 wrote: »
    Yes I find Grafton and Henry Street are much more pleasant places to shop than Dundrum or Blanchardstown. For me I'm as quick getting into town on a bus than sitting in traffic to get in to park in places like Dundrum or Blanch. Around Christmas these places are nightmares and town is just as good.

Yes, it’s much nicer especially in summer to duck in and out of shops in town then the whole giant shopping center boring humdrum.

I know of one place.. Brown Thomas car parking where access to parking and the route out of it are a doddle. It’s an upmarket enough spot but parking is actually cheaper then the iilac or jervis or at least was... easy to access and get away from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Parts of it are a nightmare to walk around. I work (or used to maybe) in Baggot st area. There's barely enough room for pedestrians on part of Baggot st and especially Merrion row, so at lunchtime you have people doing 80km down the street while pedestrians are pushed out onto the roads. It's dangerous.
    I mean it isn't too bad but it could be so much better, if there were less cars.

Billy Connolly used to do a funny routine about trying to cross the road at the Dawson St/Nassau St junction. Once you get onto the island, that's it, you're stuck forever. There are so many areas like that (off the top of my head, Dame St and Parnell St are particularly bad), where you can have a hundred people dutifully waiting three or four minutes for the little green man while Very Important Men in single-occupant cars zoom past, blasting their horns at anyone who dares to impede their Very Important Journey.

Advertisement