Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-12-2011, 12:04   #61
AlekSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commuter109 View Post
I regularly email Bus Eireann but some of the responses have been laughable. The customer service level is very poor
Just as an aside,I would suggest a cc'ing all communications with BE to the NTA as well.

The NTA's brief is to ensure the sustainability of Public Transport in the GDA and BE's 109 is one of the flagship corridor routes delivering on the NTA's remit.

Pay close attention to the various colourful stickers,logo's and assorted other NTA/NDP/Transport 2000 stuff plastered all over the fleet....this means that the NTA are accepting the fact that THEY now have a direct input into the provision of service here.

I would recommend hitting them with FACTS,such as the actual journey-times and the numbers of passengers being traded on the contentious stretch.

The Organ Grinder may be well hidden,but once you locate his/her whereabouts get the gloves off !
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-12-2011, 11:51   #62
Commuter109

Got the 5.30 "express" yesterday from Bus Aras, it went through the port tunnel and despite traffic being heavy as is normal on a Friday evening, it made it to Navan in an hour flat, top drawer stuff.
Thanks from:
11-12-2011, 18:59   #63
BrisbaneRoad

Quote:
Got the 5.30 "express" yesterday from Bus Aras, it went through the port tunnel and despite traffic being heavy as is normal on a Friday evening, it made it to Navan in an hour flat, top drawer stuff.
Do you know if the bus went forward to Kells ???

On Friday, I was directed by an inspector to a Kells bus @1730 which went via the "slow" route - 45mins to the Mater, 2hrs 5mins to Kells including a detour at Navan via Johnstown !!!
11-12-2011, 22:32   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisbaneRoad View Post

On Friday, I was directed by an inspector to a Kells bus @1730 which went via the "slow" route - 45mins to the Mater, 2hrs 5mins to Kells including a detour at Navan via Johnstown !!!
If you are directed towards a bus like that again you should demand to know the route and question if it is not going through the port tunnel etc.

I think some drivers prefer the slower route as it uses up more hours and leaves them unable to do an extra journey at the end of their shift, like if they were due to drive to Navan and back three times they could only do it twice by taking the slower route and would have time free at the end of their shift.
12-12-2011, 12:06   #65
Commuter109

Quote:

Navan only, it did not proceed to Kells
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 14:35   #66
chewed

Quote:

What's the story with the NCR past the Mater? I get the 111 Trim bus and it takes over 1 hour to just get to Phibsboro in the evening!!! I know they're building a new wing to the hospital, but is that causing delays on the route?
12-12-2011, 19:11   #67
AlekSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy_lad View Post
I think some drivers prefer the slower route as it uses up more hours and leaves them unable to do an extra journey at the end of their shift, like if they were due to drive to Navan and back three times they could only do it twice by taking the slower route and would have time free at the end of their shift.
AHA...! So that's it......them pesky Drivers agin...could ya be up to them ? ....any other response fails me right now...."Free time at the end of their shift".....thats what most people have when their shifts end is it not...?
13-12-2011, 13:56   #68
Commuter109

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy_lad View Post
If you are directed towards a bus like that again you should demand to know the route and question if it is not going through the port tunnel etc.

Sounds like the driver on the 9.30 last night! In fairness he appeared to be new to the route and was mumbling something about the inspector never told him as people gave out to him, but he ((contrary to what the timetable says)) came into Navan, up into Johnston and stopped at all three stops there, then down the Kentstown road, left, those who thought as per the timetable they could get out the stop at Kilcarne or the Ardboyne, were left off at the side of the road, before the turn up the hill to the Mercy Convent stop!!!!

I reckon any poor souls who usually gets off at Kilcarne had a good 10-15 minutes walk to that stop in miserable conditions.

The communication skills (if any) in BE appear to be dire!!!
13-12-2011, 18:40   #69
The Maverick

Bus Eireann do seem to be very poor at actually informing drivers of the route they are meant to take. I get a bus to Ashbourne that is meant to use the motorway the whole way there instead of the usual route along the old N2. 9 times out of 10, if it's a new driver, they will just use the old route instead which can add 15 minutes onto the journey.
Advertisement
13-12-2011, 19:35   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Bus Eireann do seem to be very poor at actually informing drivers of the route they are meant to take. I get a bus to Ashbourne that is meant to use the motorway the whole way there instead of the usual route along the old N2. 9 times out of 10, if it's a new driver, they will just use the old route instead which can add 15 minutes onto the journey.
Could also be some drivers are used to driving one route like say the 126 and are then put on a different route which also goes through Naas but instead of taking the more usual m50 route for their new route they go through inchicore which would be normal for most drivers on the 126
Thanks from:
13-12-2011, 23:43   #71
tom23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekSmart View Post
Just as an aside,I would suggest a cc'ing all communications with BE to the NTA as well.

The NTA's brief is to ensure the sustainability of Public Transport in the GDA and BE's 109 is one of the flagship corridor routes delivering on the NTA's remit.

Pay close attention to the various colourful stickers,logo's and assorted other NTA/NDP/Transport 2000 stuff plastered all over the fleet....this means that the NTA are accepting the fact that THEY now have a direct input into the provision of service here.

I would recommend hitting them with FACTS,such as the actual journey-times and the numbers of passengers being traded on the contentious stretch.

The Organ Grinder may be well hidden,but once you locate his/her whereabouts get the gloves off !
Smart by name, smart by nature. Great points well done. All this moaning (and I mean no offence by that to other posters) is going to get us no where. What ever BE commitments are to meeting the requirements of all passengers it is having a huge effect on 95% of passengers that travel between Navan - Dublin only. From a Navan perspective when one considers they are paying for a 10 journey ticket expecting a so called expresso service in the Am and really not getting it because of the Blanchardstown Slip Road stop it really is time to take action. So where do start? Has anyone here participated in something similar, who do we lobby? NTA, anyone in particular? Local Councillors? Who? If people want to get involved PM me.

What do we want? Simple, at least one Xpresso service in the AM, direct and I mean Direct and not letting the single passenger that gets of at the Blanch Slip Road or the single passenger that gets of at the Navan Road Travel Lodge (in facts gets dropped off right outside the gate).

We want an express to Dublin with first stop at either the Mather / Phibs - O'Connell Street and then the green.

In the Evening at least one Express at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 via the Port Tunnell.

How hard is that to provide?
13-12-2011, 23:48   #72
tom23

Quote:
Sounds like the driver on the 9.30 last night! In fairness he appeared to be new to the route and was mumbling something about the inspector never told him as people gave out to him, but he ((contrary to what the timetable says)) came into Navan, up into Johnston and stopped at all three stops there, then down the Kentstown road, left, those who thought as per the timetable they could get out the stop at Kilcarne or the Ardboyne, were left off at the side of the road, before the turn up the hill to the Mercy Convent stop!!!!

I reckon any poor souls who usually gets off at Kilcarne had a good 10-15 minutes walk to that stop in miserable conditions.

The communication skills (if any) in BE appear to be dire!!!
There communciation is poor full stop. Jesus wept at the some of the excuses offered by Drivers. The fact of the matter is every morning when I was getting the 07:05 I would ask the driver is this going by the M3 to be met with an unsure nod or a look of annoyance. I'm not picking on Drivers here I dont care whos the blame but just to get it sorted. The same applies for their customer service.
13-12-2011, 23:52   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom23 View Post
Smart by name, smart by nature. Great points well done. All this moaning (and I mean no offence by that to other posters) is going to get us no where. What ever BE commitments are to meeting the requirements of all passengers it is having a huge effect on 95% of passengers that travel between Navan - Dublin only. From a Navan perspective when one considers they are paying for a 10 journey ticket expecting a so called expresso service in the Am and really not getting it because of the Blanchardstown Slip Road stop it really is time to take action. So where do start? Has anyone here participated in something similar, who do we lobby? NTA, anyone in particular? Local Councillors? Who? If people want to get involved PM me.

What do we want? Simple, at least one Xpresso service in the AM, direct and I mean Direct and not letting the single passenger that gets of at the Blanch Slip Road or the single passenger that gets of at the Navan Road Travel Lodge (in facts gets dropped off right outside the gate).

We want an express to Dublin with first stop at either the Mather / Phibs - O'Connell Street and then the green.

In the Evening at least one Express at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 via the Port Tunnell.

How hard is that to provide?
This is public transport and your ticket is being subsidised by the tax payer. You decided to live out in the sticks, now deal with the consequences.
Thanks from:
14-12-2011, 00:12   #74
tom23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlammeRouge View Post
This is public transport and your ticket is being subsidised by the tax payer. You decided to live out in the sticks, now deal with the consequences.
thanks for that. telling like it is huh?, why you should be on vinchenzo brown, he'd love you. And since I am a very much paid up tax payer meself the least thing I don't expect is to spend up to 2 hours travelling precisely 30 miles when there is a big '**** off' motorway running parrallel to to the road I'm on, Public transport or no public transport.

Last edited by tom23; 14-12-2011 at 00:16.
14-12-2011, 00:36   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlammeRouge View Post
But sur Naaaavan is only an hour from Dublin and is a large town, hardly the sticks! Ardee on the other hand........
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion