Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Purchasing Advice?

Options
  • 19-04-2019 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I wanted to book a flight at the beginning of the week but needed to confirm things with my manager who said to wait until Friday when he will be in at work to talk to me face to face.

Now flights went from 440 with no luggage(were that price, even on Thursday) to 550 with no luggage on Good Friday. I am trying to leave in the beginning of May.

Are flights usually higher during the Easter weekend and will drop again when the holiday is over or for a flight at the beginning of May, will the prices keep rising? I am trying to determine if I should just book now or wait.

On the return, it says there are only two seats available but I notice that sometimes airlines say there are two more seats then even as much as a day, that changes to more seats available.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If your going the bank holiday weekend it will be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Airlines do release seats in batches and do change prices depending on the amount of seats in each batch sold. But this close to the departure date there's not going to be many seats left as airlines are getting better at demand management so usually have their flights full, it is a big risk to think that the prices will drop or that another batch of seats will be made available.

Advertisement