Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building work next door causing subsidance

• 18-04-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm just looking for a bit of advice please.

There is a new house being built next door to my partners property. Today we realised that the wall that divides the front and back gardens has started to subside towards the building work. The wall itself runs for about 10m perpendicular to the house to the boundary with the new house/building site. A fair bit of land was cleared for this new house. We have taken pictures of the wall and intend to discuss with the owner later. The house itself looks to be OK.

To be honest, we don't really know how to address this so any help would be appreciated. Do we:
    1. Inform my partners insurer?
    2. Get an engineer/surveyor to do a site survey?
    3. We're jumping the gun, it's not a big deal and just wait and see what the builder/owner say?

When building started we took pictures of the wall and pillars nearest the building site so at least we have that.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Talk to builder next door.
    Stop works to avoid further damage.
    Get engineer to survey and advise.
    Take from there.

Advertisement