Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I imagine they would have seen the video when it happened, seeing as it's the pubs CCTV.
    Didn't charge him then, when it was actual news.

A non story by TMZ yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's August, this happened back in April.
    I'd consider 4 months to be old news, personally.

It was discussed back when it actually happened.

What are you on about? Bizarre.

I imagine they would have seen the video when it happened, seeing as it's the pubs CCTV.
    Didn't charge him then, when it was actual news.

A non story by TMZ yet again.

NEWLY released video proof of scumbaggery (to the public). What can you not understand about that being NEW?

Still Ill wrote: »
    What are you on about? Bizarre.
    Exactly what I said. What was hard to understand exactly?

@glasso: It happened in April, that's not new. The video is 4 months old, also not new.
    Just because we're seeing the thing actually happen, doesn't make it new. We already knew it happened

By your logic if a new video came out showing more footage of the JFK shooting it would just be just "old news" lol

• Advertisement

Well, yeah.

Newly released footage isn't exactly going to change what has already happened.

Seriously, seeing exactly what happened with irrefutable video evidence is obviously a new news item in itself.

It actually looks worse than I imagined it.

Particularly in the case of McGregor where a common retort from fanboys in relation to any story about him is that if there is no video it didn't happen lol.

Staines solicitors are also apparently very busy with work these days for a case concerning a serious charge coming to the courts in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah Jesus, no idea what the old guy must have said but pure knacker move to throw a sucker punch on an old fella, give a **** how much his ego must have been hurt in front of the lads.

The old guy is a bit of a legend tbf. Having none of his ****ty whiskey. Then doesn't even flinch when he get a clatter. Hope he gets a nice few quid out of McGregor.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    Seriously, seeing exactly what happened with irrefutable video evidence is obviously a new news item in itself.

It actually looks worse than I imagined it.

Particularly in the case of McGregor where a common retort from fanboys in relation to any story about him is that if there is no video it didn't happen lol.
    It's only a new news item for the "haters" who frequent the MMA forum just to call him a tool every chance they get, but don't follow him.

If this happened over the weekend, yeah fair enough, but it happened 4 months ago and we heard about it back then as well.
    It's just rehashing an old story for TMZ to get some extra clicks to their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

People on here will never change. From denial to it ever happening to ahh that old news. Man's a scumbag just cause he's a rich famous fighter don't excuse it. In fact makes it worse punching a defencless old man who was not expecting a punch with left hand that he put so many to sleep with. The man's exposed probably paid he's way outta it if no charges were brought

It's only a new news item for the "haters" who frequent the MMA forum just to call him a tool every chance they get, but don't follow him.

If this happened over the weekend, yeah fair enough, but it happened 4 months ago and we heard about it back then as well.
    It's just rehashing an old story for TMZ to get some extra clicks to their site.

Ok, we get it.. You made a ridiculous comment. Don't waste your whole day trying to defend it.

FWIW, I would've been a fan of McGregor until the last couple of years. Can't stand him anymore. Lost all of the wit he used to have and has turned into an absolute thug. I'd well believe the rumours out there about him too.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Ok, we get it.. You made a ridiculous comment. Don't waste your whole day trying to defend it.

FWIW, I would've been a fan of McGregor until the last couple of years. Can't stand him anymore. Lost all of the wit he used to have and has turned into an absolute thug. I'd well believe the rumours out there about him too.
    Lol, whatever you say chief

Now I'm not in the business of defending McGregor.

But when I look at the video, the only think I see hitting the oul lad is whiskey. He flinches back a bit when the liquid hits him on the face.

I think the title of the video has everyone expecting to see a punch, so when they see what might be a punch, they believe it. I did too, 100%, until someone pointed out to me that McGregor picked up the small glass of whiskey and threw it right in yer man's face.

Still a rotten thing to do, but a long way from getting punched by a pro UFC fighter with a deadly left hand. And explains the biggest mystery I had when looking at it first - how did the old guy ignore that punch?

Answer - there was no punch!
    (from my video analysis anyway!)

looks like a punch to me. you can see the outline of his knuckles which would only be seen on a closed fist (not holding a glass).
    also the angle of the knuckles - you could not hold a glass that way. look at the watch - he fist is closed and straight out.

also there is no sign of any liquid spraying which even if it was a small amount you would see.

488200.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You can see McGregor lining up glasses, yer man moves the glass away from him, he puts another in front of him and he moves that away refusing a drink.

3 minutes later, there is some sort of cheering going on with other lads at the other end of the bar. Conor is doing that Oprah ooohhh oohhh ooohhh thing with his empty hand.

The man turns to him and is saying something.
    Conor is rubbing his jaw and then punched the man when he turns away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

He 100% punches him, he's clearly shaking his fist rubs his nose and swings for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Conor is rubbing his jaw and then punched the man when he turns away.

Maybr you're right. The key part is around 0.55.

McGregor's hand is close to his face. Is he rubbing his face or is there a shot glass in his hand. There had been no shot glasses on the bar originally, just larger whiskey glasses. But 3 mins were cut.

What got me was as his hand got towards the old guy, there was a reflection, which looked to me like a glass, coming from his hand.

Actually looked and re-looked at the reflection was his watch, so I'm wrong. Thanks for clarifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He said something to McGregor about Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I thought he threw the glass at him initially judging by how little reaction the guy has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Well one thing you can say is isn't he a great role model to his kids

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well one thing you can say is isn't he a great role model to his kids

I guess in this case people should, I don't know, raise their own kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I guess in this case people should, I don't know, raise their own kids?

They should also read posts they're quoting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

zuutroy wrote: »
    They should also read posts they're quoting :pac:

Whoops :pac:

Things like this are going to keep happening and he's going to keep getting away with it. He'll just keep paying people off and he'll keep throwing his weight around.

Horrible state of affairs

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Whoops :pac:

Things like this are going to keep happening and he's going to keep getting away with it. He'll just keep paying people off and he'll keep throwing his weight around.

Horrible state of affairs

not if he's put in jail for a charge you can't buy off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

At first watch i thought a punch...but looking back he threw the drink in his face

At first watch i thought a punch...but looking back he threw the drink in his face

it was a punch.

you can see his closed fist and knuckles about to hit the old man with the watch face (thing that looks shiney) in this frame.

488200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Has Robin Black done a one minute breakdown of it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭creeper1

That was a punch. Am I the only one who thinks it is blindingly obvious that was a punch and not a drink thrown?

Is this the incident where someone taunted him about getting beaten by Khabib?

By the looks of it McGregor is buying everyone a drink (probably the whiskey) and the old fellow don't want to a drink off him for whatever reason.

He gets a punch and takes it very well.

Advertisement