Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tarmac Driveway full of moss/weeds - hot to fix?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭youtheman

I normally sprinkle the power when the ground is damp or when some light rain is due. No point in putting it down if monsoon rain is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fireside Solicitor

When rain is due put it on

When rain is due put it on. Although I put it down once and didn’t rain for a few days and still did the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

macraignil wrote: »
    Accepting the moss is not doing you any harm would be the cheapest option.

I find if left untreated it gets onto the car. Washing powder is best.

True. And if it’s windy you get covered in it but at least your clean

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Feck if it was the council's tarmac you could slip,.claim and you'd get money. With an added bonus of them cleaning it pronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭G1032

I spread some Daz on the drive on Friday last
    How long does it take to kill the moss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

we have a very large gravel area to get rid of moss, was wondering could we use the liquid Formil in the knapsack and spray it on, as we have gone through 4 boxes of washing powder and only a small fraction of the total area covered, I also see somewhere that adding some bleach to the mix helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

banoffe2 wrote: »
    we have a very large gravel area to get rid of moss, was wondering could we use the liquid Formil in the knapsack and spray it on, as we have gone through 4 boxes of washing powder and only a small fraction of the total area covered, I also see somewhere that adding some bleach to the mix helps

A few bags of milling salt will do the job well.
    A 25kg bag is ~ 5 euro in a hardware store.
    Its much cheaper than washing powder and does the same job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement