Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

David Kitt added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

David Kitt added

Been listening to his new album.

Still hasn't converted me.

lc180 wrote: »
    Reggae band The Congos added.

Quite happy about this addition.

Never heard of them but perfect for a sunny day with a cold one.

So far looking forward to

Groove Armada, Grandmaster Flash (never listened but curious), Chvrches, Marc Rebillet, Jungle, The Congos and DJ Yoda (hopefully does his AV show)

7/10 so far is a good result for the ticket price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Never heard of them but perfect for a sunny day with a cold one.

'Heart of the Congos' is one of the greatest albums of all time.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    'Heart of the Congos' is one of the greatest albums of all time.

have been listening to them, really enjoying it.

Hope they still have the female vocalist with the band, seems to add a lot to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

SG Lewis added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Censored11

This years Beatyard just wasn't catching my interest and was going to give it a miss.
    Not enough Reggae.
    Then they added "The Congos"!
    Im glad they are keeping the Reggae vibe going as I feel this adds alot to the cool vibes of Beatyard!
    It's rare in Dublin to see old Reggae groups.
    So I'll go on the Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Will this sellout??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Will this sellout??

Yes

• Advertisement

Beatyard-2019-Poster-2-A3-01-1.png

Lots added.

spindex wrote: »
    Yes

Wow it is due to sellout even with All Together Now festival on same day??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Leon Vynehall worth catching if you're going to this!

Any interest from boards for this?? Is the festival worth going to?? What's the vibe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Any interest from boards for this?? Is the festival worth going to?? What's the vibe??

Yeah I've been for the last three years.
    Its well worth going to with a very chilled vibe. Great crowd, minimum scum. Never feels full. I go for the Reggae but all I can see on the line-up is "The Congos".
    I'll probably give it a miss this year as there's no other acts I care to see there.
    They have good djs in the terminal building itself during the day and outside they have like a games area that needs an upgrade.
    Wetherspoons across the road is good for a hape of ale beforehand.
    The discount tickets are good value if you can get them but I think its too late for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Nugget89

Has anyone here gone on one of the boat parties before? Any good?

Is there a festival vibe to this?? It looks like the music stops at 10pm, just when it gets dark. From reading previous years posts it seems that a lot of people bring kids and it's more of a carnival feel rather than music festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there a festival vibe to this?? It looks like the music stops at 10pm, just when it gets dark. From reading previous years posts it seems that a lot of people bring kids and it's more of a carnival feel rather than music festival?

I reviewed it 2 years ago, so this should give you a gist of it.

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2017/08/10/the-beatyard-festival-2017-review/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I think its usually more like 10.30. Its very much a day time sun event rather than a night event. However, Dublin city has, I believe, one or two public houses and discoteques that stay open a little later for a nightcap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Only went once in 2015 but yes I thought it felt like more of a day out rather than a music festival. Have some drinks, eat some nice food, play a few games and check out some of the stalls/markets/comedy etc. see a couple of bands or DJs and then it finishes. Good day out in fairness. Lineup is really good this year though, I would be going if it wasn't for All Together Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Looks like the missus has to go away for the weekend of this so will have two early birds for sale. Anyone interested PM me before I go over to toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Yeah it's a pity there's no late bars/clubs in DL to head to after. Is there an after party in the Lighthouse?

Yeah afterparty in Lighthouse and WigWam

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Has anyone here gone on one of the boat parties before? Any good?

Also want to know. Are they worth it?? I don't want to be stuck on the boat for the afternoon and miss the music.How long are the boat parties??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Im selling 2 earlybird weekend tickets over on Toutless.com if anyone is on the lookout for cheap tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like it will be different site next year: https://twitter.com/TonyClaytonLea/status/1155841908842868737?s=19

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like it will be different site next year: https://twitter.com/TonyClaytonLea/status/1155841908842868737?s=19

That's a shame because it's a great spot. I'd imagine the long anticipated redevelopement of the Carlisle pier is going to include works to the Stena Port too!

It would also be interesting if they moved Beatyard from the August bank holiday to a different weekend. There are a lot of clashes on the August bank holiday with ATN, Indiependence and Arcadian Fields etc.

I wouldnt mind if it was the end of their agreement or a clear signal that the area is being redeveloped but it sounds like they're being given the run around by the council. Real shame. It brings a lot of people to DL.

Looks like there's no indoor stage this year. Wonder how they're going to manage sound bleed between 3 outdoor stages in such a small space?

• Advertisement

Looks like there's no indoor stage this year. Wonder how they're going to manage sound bleed between 3 outdoor stages in such a small space?

Wonder why they got rid of the indoor stage. I prefer them at festivals.

Advertisement