Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

I did mine 29th and no word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

I wonder would it be worth our while ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Baileybelles

I’m the 29th also and no word

I am sure by now they have selected their applicants, I wonder now are we part of a panel. They should let us know if we have been successful or not, just to keep us in the loop and keep us interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bunty90

I did my interview on 28th and still have not heard anything yet. I was told I would hear in 3-4 weeks but I reckon they are still in the process of making their decisions as the number of people who applied was probably so high and none of us should rule ourselves out yet. It is a very long process and we're all very much aware of that already considering we all filled out forms last October. Patience and Positivity :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Maybefkyer

Bunty90 wrote: »
    I did my interview on 28th and still have not heard anything yet. I was told I would hear in 3-4 weeks but I reckon they are still in the process of making their decisions as the number of people who applied was probably so high and none of us should rule ourselves out yet. It is a very long process and we're all very much aware of that already considering we all filled out forms last October. Patience and Positivity :)
    Delighted with your positive message I'm not willing to give up hope yet !!
    I had my interview on the 28th too 🀞🀞

Maybefkyer wrote: »
    Delighted with your positive message I'm not willing to give up hope yet !!
    I had my interview on the 28th too 🀞🀞

Well I was in the 10am group. Maybe we were there together unless you were in the earlier group!? I'm definitely not giving up hope, I really really want it and just have a good gut feeling! So fingers crossed we'll all hear sooner than later and it'll be good news ðŸ˜

Ya I was 10am too !
    I'm just worried that people have got their calls and starting dates !!
    I did email last week and received a generic email back saying they were still processing applications and I would get an email soon .
    Don't know if I like the sound of that !!😞
    This is my third time applying but I never got this far before .
    Not giving up yet !!!

Ya I was 10am too !
    I'm just worried that people have got their calls and starting dates !!
    I did email last week and received a generic email back saying they were still processing applications and I would get an email soon .
    Don't know if I like the sound of that !!😞
    This is my third time applying but I never got this far before .
    Not giving up yet !!!

It's my 2nd time applying and I didn't get to interview stage last time either!! I really felt it went well so I'll be surprised if it's not good news and very unsure as to what it is exactly they're looking for in people! But let's keep hoping :D

I thought it went well for me too !
    But as the days are going on I'm thinking I should have said things differently !!!
    They asked me what training times would suit me mornings or afternoons and I said I really don't mind .
    I thought I had it in the bag .
    I did ask for a months notice and I was thinking afterwards was that too much did I put them off .
    As you said you just never know what they're looking for .
    I did look at doing a four day cabin crew training course in Dublin at some stage wonder would they look at that as a plus ??

• Advertisement

I thought it went well for me too !
    But as the days are going on I'm thinking I should have said things differently !!!
    They asked me what training times would suit me mornings or afternoons and I said I really don't mind .
    I thought I had it in the bag .
    I did ask for a months notice and I was thinking afterwards was that too much did I put them off .
    As you said you just never know what they're looking for .
    I did look at doing a four day cabin crew training course in Dublin at some stage wonder would they look at that as a plus ??

I was the exact same as your replies above and I said about having to give a months notice too. It's easy to read in to these things and I think a months notice is fairly standard in most jobs these days to get your affairs in order before you move on to something new.

Don't let it get to you too much! Hopefully by the end of the week we'll know more and until we get told otherwise we have to remain positive :) that might possibly be something to look into for the future for definite but fingers crossed we'll get all the training we'll need if we're lucky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fizzy_live

I was the exact same as your replies above and I said about having to give a months notice too. It's easy to read in to these things and I think a months notice is fairly standard in most jobs these days to get your affairs in order before you move on to something new.

Don't let it get to you too much! Hopefully by the end of the week we'll know more and until we get told otherwise we have to remain positive :) that might possibly be something to look into for the future for definite but fingers crossed we'll get all the training we'll need if we're lucky ;)
    Positive message I said the exact same things as you I was in the 8.30 group and maybe they had alot of people on the 28th and they are still making there decisions I have to give a months notice as well hopefully we hear by this week it could be positive i gotta feeling!

I applied for Cork base anyone else here looking and hoping for Cork base ??
    I was asked in interview would I accept Dublin base if offered ?
    But I said I couldn't !
    I know there was only small number required for Cork .

fizzy_live wrote: »
    Positive message I said the exact same things as you I was in the 8.30 group and maybe they had alot of people on the 28th and they are still making there decisions I have to give a months notice as well hopefully we hear by this week it could be positive i gotta feeling!

I have a good gut feeling too!!! I don't know why but I just refuse to think I haven't gotten it until told otherwise! Best of luck to all of us :)

I applied for Dublin! They asked which I would prefer and I said Dublin and they never said anything else so I kind of hadn't really thought about that but hopefully it's not an issue that I didn't say I was happy with either!

Not at all they did after all advertise for both bases .
    I'm the same have a good feeling too unless told otherwise!!
    No news is good news 😊
    It's great to have a bit of support here to bridge the gap !
    Good luck to us all .

it is great to see that everyone is not giving up and are very supportive of each other, keep it up guys lets not lose hope x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shelll198

Hopefully its good news for us all by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Glad I'm not the only one still waiting, fingers crossed for everyone that we get good news soon!
    Has anyone who attended the assessment day received a rejection email/phone call?

I'm thinking they have notified all thoses who were successful and if something goes wrong with anyone's application we might get a call and they're playing it safe keeping us in case they need us .
    At the moment that's my theory .
    We have seen where people have been called up for different dates for training already .

Glad I'm not the only one still waiting, fingers crossed for everyone that we get good news soon!
    Has anyone who attended the assessment day received a rejection email/phone call?

No I haven't received any rejection e-mail or letter!! They send it out for everything else so I presume you'd get one for this too. Especially when face to face interview is kind of the last stage! I think lol

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything?

Nope nothing here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

No I haven't received any rejection e-mail or letter!! They send it out for everything else so I presume you'd get one for this too. Especially when face to face interview is kind of the last stage! I think lol
    The waiting is killer, I still remain hopeful that I'll be offered a position but at the same time I'd be glad to receive bad news so I'm not waiting in Limbo :/. At least if I get bad news I can go ahead and book a holiday for this summer which I cant atm in case it clashes with training/roster!

Still nothing!!!! I want to know either way now! Totally thought we would have heard by today :(

No news here either

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything today??

Nope nothing here

carrie b wrote: »

No nothing here yet I am very tempted to ring them maybe or send an email!

carrie b wrote: »

Still nothing :(

• Advertisement

I tried calling 4 times last week and just kept getting mailbox that was full.

Advertisement