Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swimming Pool Hygiene

• 04-09-2018 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any changes to the inspection regime for swimming pools (this one is privately owned and run). I'd have some concerns about the place's hygiene which I've brought to the attention of staff but I'm starting to think if they're not addressed soon I'll leave (currently have a few month's membership) but also that it might take an inspection to get them to finally move on them.

Page 34 of a 2016 HSE Environmental Health Services report suggests there's no regulation/inspection regime in place - is this still the case?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Don't have anything helpful to say except I know your pain!

I swim in a council pool that is underfunded and being demolished to be replaced in a couple of years so standards have been slipping. People's behavior doesn't help; not washing off deodorant/perfume before getting in is a massive pet peeve of mine. Filter systems mustn't be great because there are always gross things floating about and I live near the sea so there is a thin layer of sand across the bottom of the pool from people not washing (their togs after being at the beach?) - at least I can pretend I'm in the sea during winter :)

Although I can comfort myself in the fact that the very high chlorine levels and near boiling water temperature must kill off any bacteria so it's all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

One guy who goes to the sauna and doesn't always shower before going into the pool is my pet peeve in the water! Pool itself in fairness is ok but then around the sauna and steam room there is some water lodging/scum and don't get me started on the changing rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

There's nothing worse than swimming in a lane behind someone and you can taste their aftershave or perfume. Even a quick 60 second shower would help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

trik wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than swimming in a lane behind someone and you can taste their aftershave or perfume. Even a quick 60 second shower would help!

The pig sweat off someone is the worst ever, you can smell and taste it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Although I can comfort myself in the fact that the very high chlorine levels and near boiling water temperature must kill off any bacteria so it's all good!

Warmer water temperatures are a mixed bag..... Bacteria breed quicker, but Chlorine reacts faster.
    I prefer a cooler pool myself just for comfort when trying to get a bit of distance done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Warmer water temperatures are a mixed bag..... Bacteria breed quicker, but Chlorine reacts faster.
    I prefer a cooler pool myself just for comfort when trying to get a bit of distance done.

I was being sarcastic :)

Advertisement