Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quartz Worktop for Kitchen

• 04-05-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

we are looking at putting in a new kitchen, which is little grey in colour and an island. We are looking at putting in quartz countertop 30mm of it, we are got a quote from kitchen place starting at 3k up to 4k.

We live in county galway and wondering has anyone went direct to a supplier of quartz and where would you recommend and idea of what people have paid.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Getting the same quotes, let me know if you get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Depends on size...
    paid about 3k recently (last month) for our kitchen which consisted of 4/5 pieces.

Island: 2.4m by 1.2m
    counter: 2400mm by 600mm
    short counter: 1200 by 600mm
    utility: L shape, 2 separate pieces 1200 by 600, 1500 by 600

Price included cut outs for 2 double sinks and hob. Upstands (100mm) to the rear of sinks (approx 3.5 linear metres)

Got quotes up as far as 4k though too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

http://www.notjustgranite.ie/

A customer of mine has recently purchased from this company in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Depends on size...
    paid about 3k recently (last month) for our kitchen which consisted of 4/5 pieces.

Price included cut outs for 2 double sinks and hob. Upstands (100mm) to the rear of sinks (approx 3.5 linear metres)

Hi do you mind telling me where you for the above from? We're getting quotes of 3k for a much smaller kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

We paid 3.2k for quartz for a large kitchen from egans in killbeggan. I don't think it's silestone or a well known brand but it looks excellent and it is way cheaper than others I've seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

hi there... That sound like great value. Getting quoted 500 Euro more for much less area for silestone. Do you know is yours silestone or another brand. Any chance you could PM me the company details. Thanka
    jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Depends on size...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

A small bit off topic, but watch out!

I got a LIGHT (mostly white) QUARTZ top which has staining:

I wondered why my kitchen installer encouraged / facilitated me to have a separate contract with the stone man. Now that I see the staining trouble, particularly around the sink and drainage channels I'm feeling wiser.
    Talk about staining, and know where contract responsibility lies. Sample test with soggy tea bags etc. Perhaps a darker colour is ultimately less trouble. (my kitchen is about 2 months old).

Caveat emptor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Quartz is stain resistant not stain proof.

Advertisement