Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Having trouble with pics.

Pic 1

Just use your imaginations lads.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

mayota wrote: »
    Just use your imaginations lads.

Can you see 'manage attachments' when you scroll down in a reply?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Can you see 'manage attachments' when you scroll down in a reply?

Have posted pics from iPhone before no bother but it’s now telling me they’re too big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

mayota wrote: »
    Have posted pics from iPhone before no bother but it’s now telling me they’re too big.

Open the pics using MS Paint and save as *.JPEG. This will reduce file size.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭visatorro

How long would concrete last before you can't work it any more? Outside the lorry on the ground obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

visatorro wrote: »
    How long would concrete last before you can't work it any more? Outside the lorry on the ground obviously

Depends on the weather and strength really , probably an hour before it would get hard to shovel if even that . What are you doing with it ? If it was small bits and you have a mixer you could order it dry and wet it up in the mixer as you need it . It's bit of extra work though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Yeah about an hour possibly 2 hour if it's on polythene in the shade and somebody churning it up keeping it wet

Bullocks wrote: »
    Depends on the weather and strength really , probably an hour before it would get hard to shovel if even that . What are you doing with it ? If it was small bits and you have a mixer you could order it dry and wet it up in the mixer as you need it . It's bit of extra work though

Five gate posts to hang around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

You’d want to have the gates hung and be well prepared. You’d certainly be against the clock.

Anyone know what these long black things are for? They looked like they were made from recycled plastic but too long to be fence posts. I could lift them by hand, so light weight.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Anyone know what these long black things are for? They looked like they were made from recycled plastic but too long to be fence posts. I could lift them by hand, so light weight.

They are fence posts for post and rail fencing. I think you concrete them into the ground

Would they be rails for a fence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Are they the rail for a post and rail type fence maybe?
    I think I might have seen something like them once, when they go through the middle of other posts...

Would they just be skids for leaving the concrete posts on trucks maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

did you get it done? any small jobs under 2 meters I get my local quarry to mix it dry first thing in the morning and I can collect it at any time during the day, as long as theres no water in it it'll last all day, just tell them no water and get them to fire it out on the ground when they deliver but you'll need to have a mixer to make it workable and wet it up obviously

did you get it done? any small jobs under 2 meters I get my local quarry to mix it dry first thing in the morning and I can collect it at any time during the day, as long as theres no water in it it'll last all day, just tell them no water and get them to fire it out on the ground when they deliver but you'll need to have a mixer to make it workable and wet it up obviously

Local place won't deliver small loads. Iv a hole to fill in the yard as well.

I'd go with Odley for that one . Have them all pre hung and propped how you want them and then lash in the concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Local place won't deliver small loads. Iv a hole to fill in the yard as well.

Always handy to have a few tonne of gravel in the yard for these jobs. Have a little 110volt mixer. Try and hang a couple of gates every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

We had one of these bad boys great bit of kit on the back of a 135.

Screenshot_20190421-021150.jpg (650.1 KB)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Still one here on a 4000

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

https://ie.envirobuild.com/products/plastic-lumber-post?variant=18067749568582&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Lumber_PLA1&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhuvlBRCeARIsAM720Hr6bEQf5tjQTol1w1iFfmKoBWPMynWt8yLz1U3xjdkFsOsgiAP8powaAne4EALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Grueller wrote: »
    Still one here on a 4000

Ive one on a 165 which seems to have long lift arms, It can lift it high enough to tip it into a wheel barrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

9935452 wrote: »
    Ive one on a 165 which seems to have long lift arms, It can lift it high enough to tip it into a wheel barrow

2 6 inch blocks sit In frame of mixer, for use under back wheels, when height required for wheel barrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have a tegal here, bought when building the house. Sadly the chain jumped the top gear and wrung tue shaft, been sitting since.

Have petrol bell, handy item too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭Sami23

There a great mixer them. Used a neighbours a few time over the years. Way better to mix than the smaller Teagle's.
    Wouldn't mind getting one for myself if I ever come across one handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Jb1989 wrote: »
    9935452 wrote: »

2 6 inch blocks sit In frame of mixer, for use under back wheels, when height required for wheel barrow.

Lack of a handbrake would rule that out for me 😂😂.

I always planned to make a chute or slide for it so it could be loaded with a back actor or minidigger.
    Figure out which bucket would hold the correct amount of gravel for a fill.
    Or for when using a dry mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

When I was working for a plasterer years ago he told me put a half a soap bar into it when mixing made some difference mixing mortar and concrete

Advertisement