Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Was a good show alright, but It felt it was a bit flat in the middle (specially the martina match). I think overall, Homecoming was a better show.

The opening 4 way tag was good, the besties are incredibly over (not surprised though because their gimmick is good). Aussie Open are excellent though.

Starr/Barry match was unexpectedly good

Can't believe I got to see Liger. Davis being able to hang in there with him is a big deal.

Keitel/Creed was a good one.

Devlin and Walter lived up to the Hype.

On a final note, Angel Cruz and Barry are national treasures. Not sure about the Lawnmower spot, but the promo video's and ring work was brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How was Phoenix tonight? Good crowd?

Small crowd, unfortunately, but that must have been expected to some degree given that it was St. Patrick's Day.

Some very good matches though. Rough Stuff and Club Rock Shandy was class, B-Cool ended up facing Dan Barry one-on-one, Amy Alonsy and Matt Skylar have the best tagteam name in wrestling. :D

Bruiser and Butch and Alexander Dean gave J-Money, Bedlam and Marion a vicious beating. It looked like Balance was going to make the save, but then he sided with the bad guys. :(

Justy has been indefinitely suspended after his actions in an unsanctioned match with hometown favourite Steve Savage. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was a good show alright, but It felt it was a bit flat in the middle (specially the martina match).

Where were you sitting?! Reception and reaction to Martina was great! Don't think people knew what to do with the more traditional wrestling she did instead of comedy but told a great story IMO and had probably her best solo match in OTT.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was a good show alright, but It felt it was a bit flat in the middle (specially the martina match).

Where were you sitting?! Reception and reaction to Martina was great! Don't think people knew what to do with the more traditional wrestling she did instead of comedy but told a great story IMO and had probably her best solo match in OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, thought it was a great match. Crowd was a bit tepid from the entrances and highs of the first few matches, the Cruzers video was such a high anything that followed was going to be in a tough spot. But they anticipated that and wrestled a match you could sink your teeth into while chilling in your seat. You need that on a card, not every match can be up up up or the crowd is wrecked for the main event. And it showed professionalism and experience from both to do that and still give a great match that did its job.

When stuff is going wrong it’s when you know they’re looking for huge reactions, “Holy ****” chants etc and it’s just not there. That wasn’t the case here, they knew what they needed to give and did it. I also really liked how it went on before the Women’s Title match, so the local girls fighting for the title can say they were higher billed than the bigger names, but it doesn’t take away from the latter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

As an aside I want to show appreciation for how long & deep the booking of the whole Angel Cruzers, Justy/Gym Nasties, Team P.Rick storyline has been. I began to explain it to the people I was with on the night and gave up as there's genuinely 2/3 years of background to the whole thing. It's a credit that you can just jump in to matches like the one they had and you don't really need it all.

It's also great that Hurricane 5 years ago would have been the biggest draw on the card as an ex WWE guy, and he's not even mentioned now when talking about the event.

He was still awesome but great to see the audience evolve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

brianblaze wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I actually thought the match itself was pretty good; I was over beside the stage to the left.

Both her and Satomura put on a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Pete dunne never fails to impress he is such a great entertainer heel or face he is just class really enjoyed seeing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

cheers mate, i thought i was going mad. trying to not slag people just the points made.

i am sure he is oscar worthy as an actor
    Yep, here's the original, my bad!

OTT Scrappermania Doc in the works!

https://www.gofundme.com/this-is-ott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

OTT Scrappermania Doc in the works!

https://www.gofundme.com/this-is-ott

interesting to see the finances of OTT if €1k isn't in the budget for a documentary that would surely create a lot of interest for them?

showpony1 wrote: »
    interesting to see the finances of OTT if €1k isn't in the budget for a documentary that would surely create a lot of interest for them?

I'd imagine the low figure is because Shaun is such a humble guy, this will take hundreds and hundreds of hours of work

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fair play to getting 1700 already which im guessing will keep climbing. Havent been to an OTT show yet but his promo videos are outstanding

Stretch goal for a Walter Devlin doc too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So, just realised Billy Corgan is in Ireland in June on his tour...

Odds of an OTT show the day before/ after with a special guest?

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/billy-corgan/

i saw on instagram that Jordan is currently at the Performance Center in Orlando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

got tickets to the OTT show on the 21st. National Stadium, will there be a bar?

D.Q wrote: »
    got tickets to the OTT show on the 21st. National Stadium, will there be a bar?

Yes, bottle bar only i think.

• Advertisement

Yes, bottle bar only i think.

Yep. 3 beers for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone go to the Phoenix show in Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A random question... What wrestling schools are there in Ireland at the moment? I heard OTT opened there's and main stage got rid of theirs. So it's just ott and CCW in Ireland these days?

Cheers.

CCW are gone, Phoenix is the wrestling school in Cork now.

There's also Fight Factory and The School of Irish Wrestling, think that's OTT operated.

Think those are the 3.

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1115434154026459136

Martina continues to take over the Indy scene

Serious Card in the Kino Friday, looking forward to it myself. Anyone going?
    D4SriXWXkAAM_oh.jpg:large

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ThePott wrote: »
    Serious Card in the Kino Friday, looking forward to it myself. Anyone going?

I'll be there with my GF and 2 friends (who we met for the first time at the last Limerick show :pac: ) so come over and say hi if you're anywhere near the seated tickets.

Well that's pretty class haha.

I'm a pleb will be standing :p

Well that's pretty class haha.

I'm a pleb will be standing :p

Busy in the Kino tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Busy in the Kino tonight!

Great turnout and a great show. Present Bill Eaver is awesome. WHAT DAY IS TODAY, SAUSAGE?

• Advertisement

Yeah fantastic turnout for it and it was a brilliant show too.
    Crowd were very into it as well which was fantastic.

Excited for the next Kino show already.

Seems like Phoenix have changed things up with their schedule. Next show was going to be in Limerick.

Now it looks like their show is going to be called The Battle of the Bastards on May 25th in Cork. It's BYOB too so probably not on in the Kino. Tickets on sale tomorrow with some more details then I'd imagine.

Pac?

missing monthly OTT shows.
    it's a pity even the next one Wrestlerama isn't in stadium to have beers at it.

missing monthly OTT shows.
    it's a pity even the next one Wrestlerama isn't in stadium to have beers at it.

The venue crisis is real

School of Irish Wrestling are running shows, not sure what the deal is with them but it basically seems like OTT with some of the talent.

The Phoenix show is gonna be at the Circus Factory where they did the pop-up show. Was great craic last time so reckon with the BYOB and more time it wil be a kick ass show!

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1126159300374814722

August 25th Neptune Stadium Cork :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This is the same company that got very pissy about a newly established company running in Dublin who are now going down the country to challenge another recently established company.
    OTT can do no wrong in the eyes of their loyal neckbeard Twitter army.

This is the same company that got very pissy about a newly established company running in Dublin who are now going down the country to challenge another recently established company.
    OTT can do no wrong in the eyes of their loyal neckbeard Twitter army.

I think I follow :pac:
    Don't think anyone should ever be immune to criticism, I'm excited for an OTT show in my home county but they certainly do throw their weight around with no real competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

That's the kind of attitude you want in business, your competitors are the ones that can potentially take food off your plate. I am by no means an OTT diehard, but from a business perspective if someone set up in my backyard and we compete for the same business, I'd be pissed but I'd want to prove why my product is better.

Sane when expanding to different markets, if I was Phenoix, I'd be pissed but I'd set out to make a point, that my product is better.

I'd say TNA, ROH, NJPW are pissed that AEW is about, but it's up to them to be better them an alternative.

• Advertisement

I would have thought Phoenix and OTT had a decent relationship. There's a significant overlap in their talent pool.

I would have thought Phoenix and OTT had a decent relationship. There's a significant overlap in their talent pool.

Phoenix have promoted OTT shows so they get on quite well seemingly.
    As for the business side of things, I get it they're a business and competition and all that but if we're honest there's no real competition to OTT in Ireland as far as scale they're a mile above the rest.

That's not a knock against the others, the talent and matches are still outstanding at other indie shows but it would be like comparing an indie movie to a blockbuster imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sirsok wrote: »
    That's the kind of attitude you want in business, your competitors are the ones that can potentially take food off your plate. I am by no means an OTT diehard, but from a business perspective if someone set up in my backyard and we compete for the same business, I'd be pissed but I'd want to prove why my product is better.

Sane when expanding to different markets, if I was Phenoix, I'd be pissed but I'd set out to make a point, that my product is better.

I'd say TNA, ROH, NJPW are pissed that AEW is about, but it's up to them to be better them an alternative.

TBH its just what wwe does when any competition rears its head the biggest companies never want to lose anything obviously smaller scale in Ireland

Or, people go to the OTT show to see PAC, and then see some of the Phoenix lads, get flyered, and turn into Phoenix fans, because that's how Indy wrestling works

Pretty much, that's what I mean they have no competition. They're on a different level to the other Irish promotions.

It wouldn't take away from indie wrestling, same people will go and considering the amount of Irish talent and talent sharing that goes on it will likely just boost the reputation of those guys in the area when they do end up at a smaller show which helps the Indie promotion when they book them.

A rising tide raises all boats and all that.

Courage should try to run Dublin that weekend OTT is out of town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Seems like Phoenix have changed things up with their schedule. Next show was going to be in Limerick.

Now it looks like their show is going to be called The Battle of the Bastards on May 25th in Cork. It's BYOB too so probably not on in the Kino. Tickets on sale tomorrow with some more details then I'd imagine.

Pac?

Are you associated with Phoenix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Courage should try to run Dublin that weekend OTT is out of town.
    Courage is dead.

bot43 wrote: »
    Are you associated with Phoenix?

Not at all. I know some of the wrestlers a little bit but that's about it.
    It's just my local so I'm happy to shout about it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone have a run down on what exactly happened with courage wrestling.

I see Aoghus McAnanlly had a tweet up about it, on some people slagging it off every now and then as a scam.

What was the actually story

Sirsok wrote: »
    Anyone have a run down on what exactly happened with courage wrestling.

I see Aoghus McAnanlly had a tweet up about it, on some people slagging it off every now and then as a scam.

What was the actually story

They had sold next to no tickets for their city center show in Button Factory so the promotors cancelled the show the week of to avoid burning bridges with that venue for other projects. Car crash stuff really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement