Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Reports are that Batista went to Disney’s headquarters and screamed give me what I want over and over until they gave in.

Ya just know someone somewhere has made a gif of it just for this occasion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Gunn has been reinstated as director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
    Loughc wrote: »
    Reports are that Batista went to Disney’s headquarters and screamed give me what I want over and over until they gave in.

tumblr_n2pwpc0n8p1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ya just know someone somewhere has made a gif of it just for this occasion..

I’ve been waiting for someone to photoshop Mickey Mouse head on trips body all day

May 31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Friendly spoiler warning. There are reports of spoilers for the Game of Thrones season 8 opener online. I didn't read too much about it but seems someone posted details of the whole episode on reddit. Whether they're true or not is another thing. I haven't seen the episode available yet anyway

• Advertisement

Motley Crue's The Dirt on Netflix, it gets most of the bands history right, but some artistic license was taken, but anyone who kinda knows the bands story will be able to spot those moments that artistic license was taken with. Other than that it was a solid film on one of the most notorious rock bands in history.

Supernatural is ending

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Supernatural is ending

tenor.gif?itemid=4777540

15 years. Kind of presumed it never would.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4777540

15 years. Kind of presumed it never would.

I did too, a big ratings (cult) hit still for The CW, seems it was Jensen and Jared's decision to finish :( I hope it goes out on a high with many characters back for the final season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Motley Crue's The Dirt on Netflix, it gets most of the bands history right, but some artistic license was taken, but anyone who kinda knows the bands story will be able to spot those moments that artistic license was taken with. Other than that it was a solid film on one of the most notorious rock bands in history.

Really enjoyed it although would of liked it to have been longer and go into there later career more but the book was wrote when they were very active. Pretty good acting, Machine Gun Kelly really looked it Tommy Lee and was pretty good in the role.

Saw them in Manchester in 2015 and my only regret is I didn't record more of it but nothing I can do about it now lol

Kind of sad it's done and dusted now as this was in development for a long time. If u can find VH1s Behind the music remastered episode about Motley Crue it will give a more detailed history of the later years. They had a female drummer at one point when Tommy Lee left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Haven’t seen this mention before Shane o Mac to guest star on ncis la and Goldberg too

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2468865/ncis-los-angeles-is-sending-kensi-on-a-dangerous-mission-with-wwes-shane-mcmahon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    Haven’t seen this mention before Shane o Mac to guest star on ncis la and Goldberg too

Goldberg co hosts does Forged in fire spinoff Knife or Death on the History channel.
    Christian hosts Knight Fight. Not sure where the links for him and armoured combat are but he says "FIGHT!" well enough for the gig.

Somewhere in an alternate universe Affleck and Phoenix do an incredible Batman movie together

ERG89 wrote: »
    Goldberg co hosts does Forged in fire spinoff Knife or Death on the History channel.
    Christian hosts Knight Fight. Not sure where the links for him and armoured combat are but he says "FIGHT!" well enough for the gig.

What is Knight Fight and where is it on?

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    What is Knight Fight and where is it on?

On the History Channel at 9 on Tuesdays, sky channel 130. Pretty sure next week is the finale.
    It's a show where guys in armour fight to see who's the best, can be unintentionally funny at times seeing guys cheapshot one another from behind in the first round which is 6 guys in a free for all.
    Christian hosts & judges on it with 2 other co-hosts.

Just booked my Avenger: Endgame tickets for opening day.

Never been that obsessive about a movie and booking tickets so far in advance, but taking zero risks with spoilers. Was 1/3rd booked up as well. Would say it's going to do crazy ticket sales.

Just booked my Avenger: Endgame tickets for opening day.

Never been that obsessive about a movie and booking tickets so far in advance, but taking zero risks with spoilers. Was 1/3rd booked up as well. Would say it's going to do crazy ticket sales.

I've never done a midnight screening before, but I decided I had to for Endgame. Have to admit, I'm getting very giddy now, even though there's still 3 weeks to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Yep, booked already as well, last year was one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had

• Advertisement

It's gonna be a roller coaster 182 minutes anyways.

I don't know how I missed this, but HELL YEAH

https://twitter.com/LuciferNetflix/status/1114195996802723848

So glad it's got another season after ending on the massive cliffhanger. Really love it. NOt so much for the story of the week, but some of the characters, especially Lucifer, are a hoot.

I've been catching up on Season 3 in between assignments, should be up to speed before Season 4 drops on Netflix.

I've been doing an assignment for work so fell behind the week new Sabrina and The Tick come out and couple other series start/return. Plus still have to start a Deadwood rewatch. And, of course, Game of Thrones is back Sunday/Monday. And now Lucifer just around the corner. Wouldn't surprise me if they announced the new Veronica Mars starting soon before I have a chance to do that rewatch as well

Any chance I can be selfish and request they stop making new tv shows, films and games until I get caught up? Thanks.

First teaser for the new Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've been doing an assignment for work so fell behind the week new Sabrina and The Tick come out and couple other series start/return. Plus still have to start a Deadwood rewatch. And, of course, Game of Thrones is back Sunday/Monday. And now Lucifer just around the corner. Wouldn't surprise me if they announced the new Veronica Mars starting soon before I have a chance to do that rewatch as well

Any chance I can be selfish and request they stop making new tv shows, films and games until I get caught up? Thanks.

If ya really wanna know
    July 26th

Not really helping posting that :pac:

Just saw that. Just have Stranger Things between Deadwood and that date, I think

• Advertisement

This....looks to be the greatest movie ever made!

You say that like someone who thought it wouldn't be. How could you doubt it. Though I think it showed too much, like most trailers.

And Roman

I long gave up on the Fast & Furious, but damn it Hobbs & Shaw looks like a tonne of fun.

Enjoying the animated Trailer Park boys series on Netflix and might start watching the earlier seasons of the show

Are they any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Enjoying the animated Trailer Park boys series on Netflix and might start watching the earlier seasons of the show. Are they any good ?

Been watching it too, translates really well, been enjoying it! S1-7 (the original run) is incredible, highly recommend. You know the way Red Dwarf took a long break after S6 and after that, the show was still good but never as good? It's like that - after a 7 year gap, creator Mike Clattenburg and prodcers Barrie Dunn & Michael Volpe left - so it's the boys writing the episodes. It's not as smart or as comedic, but it's still great having more TBP to watch.

I just wanna shoutout S2 with a very young Ellen Page, her character Treena (Trailer Supervisor's daughter) brought out a tender, caring side of Ricky which was some fantastic character development.

And so the long journey of avoiding Avengers spoilers begins. I see there are Cams already available. I'll unlikely get to see it until the weekend at the earliest but likely next week.

• Advertisement

And so the long journey of avoiding Avengers spoilers begins. I see there are Cams already available. I'll unlikely get to see it until the weekend at the earliest but likely next week.

See ya on the other side of having seen the movie...

Satisfied with Avengers Endgame

Loved it.

Admittedly, I'm a massive mark for Marvel films.

And there's some flaws with some of the story telling, which gets a little convoluted in the middle.

But the last hour is so, so incredible.

I feel Irish movie audiences are usually super reserved. But Endgame had gasps, hollers, laughing, crying.....just amazing. Glad I saw it on opening day in a sold out screening. Really brilliant.

Spoiler wise....
    Fat Thor playing Fortnite?!?!?!

Loved it.

Admittedly, I'm a massive mark for Marvel films.

And there's some flaws with some of the story telling, which gets a little convoluted in the middle.

But the last hour is so, so incredible.

I feel Irish movie audiences are usually super reserved. But Endgame had gasps, hollers, laughing, crying.....just amazing. Glad I saw it on opening day in a sold out screening. Really brilliant.

Spoiler wise....
    Fat Thor playing Fortnite?!?!?!

2020 could be a quite year for MCU movies ??

what are the near future plans ??. Obv we have Spider man Far from home in July

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2020 could be a quite year for MCU movies ??

what are the near future plans ??. Obv we have Spider man Far from home in July

Spidey up next.

I’ll spoiler these, though all this is technically public info anyway...
    Strange, Panther, (a)GotG3 all confirmed. Black Widow also confirmed.

Eternals and Shang-Chi also confirmed as new movie entries.

Then Vision & the Scarlet Witch, and Loki, AND Hawkeye, also have TV mini-series coming via the new Disney streaming app.

And all that is before we get into the fact that Marvel have the rights back to Deadpool and the X-Men, so presumably will have to work them in somewhere.

They also have to factor in The Fantastic 4 as well.

They also have to factor in The Fantastic 4 as well.

Yeap.

Dr Doom has “long term villain” written all over him. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if he’s the antagonist for the next ten year block.

Just in case medistinger has info from advance screening, just with a yes or no answer, is there anything after the credits?

Just in case medistinger has info from advance screening, just with a yes or no answer, is there anything after the credits?

no not really

No. No mid or post credits at all. Though the inital parts of the credits are nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Thought it was a very solid conclusion to the first three phases of the MCU

The first hour or so I found quite slow, aside from the death of Thanos - which was a massive shock - nothing much happened, apart from setting up where everyone was and what mindsets they were in

The time heist was quite fun, I do appreciate the fact that the mission/reset button wasn't to undo what happened in Infinity War, but to bring everyone back five years later. So Thanos' actions still happened, and the consequemces still exist. I would imagine these will be elaborated on in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD

Clearly the best scene was the return of all the heroes at the end, and the ensuing battle. I do wish they had shown some of the rest of the world/universe as that happened though. We saw a snapshot of the deaths at the end of IW, would have been nice here too, but again, we should see this in AOS

Loved some of the call-backs to previous movies, my personal favourite being Cap using Mjolnir and Thor saying he knew he could do it - remember when he nearly lifted it in Age Of Ultron?

Have to admit to getting a little misty-eyed at Stark's funeral, but tbh we all expected there would be a big death, so while it was definitely emotional, it wasn't a massive surprise

Funniest reaction from the audience was a collective groan when Fortnite made an appearance :p

Minor gripes, but Thanos was only able to use the Gauntlet because of 'space magic' as Thor put it, right? So how could Stark suddenly make a glove that worked just fine?

Also, Captain Marvel is one hell of a deux ex machina to have around, isn't she? ;)

^^^^^ Must not check spoiler tags.

On another note entirely, trailer for HBO's Deadwood: The Movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

wont give any spoilers on the Avengers:Endgame, other than to say I'm happy with it.

This month has been brilliant for nerds like me. Wrestlemania with an Irish star in the main event, game of thrones season 8 and now avengers:endgame.

Oh I'm still trying to process Avengers: Endgame. My goodness, what a film.

• Advertisement
Advertisement