Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in Brittany (huelgoat)

Options
  • 17-04-2019 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am heading to Brittany (huelgoat) at end of July and need to source some decent internet (4 tech kids and 2 tech adults)
    I am staying in my sisters house, she did have a deal with Orange that could be activated and deactivated every month or so but they don't do it anymore.

I was reading a post about Free mobile (provider) that do 100gb sim for 20 euro but it seems you have to sign up for a couple of months and its a nightmare to cancel.

Has anyone used the Free mobile sim , how hard is it to cancel?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Sham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

what not just sign up for something in Ireland and use over there? Three have a very cheap all you can eat data plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

There are no real roaming charges anymore. Your data usage allowance will probably be less than Ireland , but still sufficient

AS mentioned above there will be a add on, which gives you unlimited usage allowance

You have six devices , two adult, two adult could share out your data to the 4 kids devices , google : Android tethering or hotspot, or the equivalent of on IOS

Most phone providers allow tethering , but check first

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If you get a dongle like this :

https://www.three.ie/online/data/prepay/huawei-e5573-black/?src=p

It’ll keep all the devices going. It will cost about 20 euro for a month. I prefer them than tethering

^^^ just really of use for tablets. For phones just use them as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thanks all for replies , I thought roaming was only a percentage of your data in Ireland if that makes sense . I have about 30gb built up (postmobile) and the missus the same , the eldest is on a Lycamobile data only deal so has about 5gb. Don't get me wrong we are on holidays and will be out all day most days but it's just for the kids for their consoles in the evenings , Fortnite etc . Those YouTube videos seem to eat the data...

Advertisement