Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Do you have a blue badge caller?

He does

He volunteered the info

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Damien just making up his own stories now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

he's completely right, but unfortunately a pain in the hole

Currently I’m using a Lidl wheelchair space simply because I can’t get out of the car without opening door fully out. I see lots of cars in the other disabled spaces where people are using them without any disability at all.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I'm not believing a word outta him!

Nor me.
    Have you got an injury...yeah right.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,486 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...**** off or you'll get another one..."

quote of the week

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

There is no enforcement in Ireland. Forget about fines etc.. Guards will trot out the figures and never do the policing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,486 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...mind you language potty mouth, there's a childs bike outside..."

CX-kdzgWsAANma7.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

100%. JB I have much respect for you but on this occasion I feel you are in error. After I was born, not a very long time ago <60 my mother was brought to the church to be "churched ". She was a married woman who conceived and bore a (wonderful son):). But was deemed unfit to partake in sacraments until she was cleansed of sin"sex". with her husband. !!!

I don't think that was the intention of "churching" although some people may have believed it was.
    For centuries, newborns were baptized within hours or days of their births, which meant their mothers could generally not attend the baptism. Churching was an occasion of thanksgiving for the lives of the mother and the child in a time when maternal and infantile mortality were high.

The time of lying-in before churching was a time of rest for the new mother, since the first few weeks after delivery are critical to the health of the mother for a complete recovery. A network and support system of midwives, neighbors, and family members helped the young mother with the care of her household.

Churching then marked the return of the mother to her social life. She resumed her duties to their full extent. The celebration was often followed by a meal (in French, the word for churching, “relevailles,” is also the word for the feast that follows).

"Impurity" after childbirth is more of a Jewish belief. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impurity_after_childbirth

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Currently I’m using a Lidl wheelchair space simply because I can’t get out of the car without opening door fully out. I see lots of cars in the other disabled spaces where people are using them without any disability at all.
    Aldi in Sligo today 3 out of 4spaces taken by the transit / hi ace appreciation club. Nothing wrong with them only fat and lazy. No shortage of ordinary spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Aldi in Sligo today 3 out of 4spaces taken by the transit / hi ace appreciation club. Nothing wrong with them only fat and lazy. No shortage of ordinary spaces.

If Pat can get away with it , Pat will take the punt.

Then try the auld avuncular greasy grin and plead ignorance.

That’s why we need the Clampers. And the rest.

Take nooooooo schidt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Just listening back now and it sounds to me like Tom made a huge deal of giving a fiver tip. If he genuinely wanted to give it he could have just thrown it the jar and left but he insisted on making a big deal of giving it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If Pat can get away with it , Pat will take the punt.

Then try the auld avuncular greasy grin and plead ignorance.

That’s why we need the Clampers. And the rest.

Take nooooooo schidt.

There used to be a retired cop there doing the stewarding but he seems to have re-retired. To give him his due he used to run them out of the spaces. Since he left they take pride in doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will there be a show tomorrow so to speak? Texty Whoy for Yes, Nay for No.

Will there be a show tomorrow so to speak? Texty Whoy for Yes, Nay for No.

Haven't had a text poll in a long time. Maybe we should have a poll to see if we can have p poll in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was wondering too if there is a show today, but I presume it's another handy holiday day at RTE. As it's not a bank holiday for everyone, I don't go to work today means no money, but doubt it's the same for RTE employees !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep no promo

2smiggy wrote: »
    was wondering too if there is a show today, but I presume it's another handy holiday day at RTE. As it's not a bank holiday for everyone, I don't go to work today means no money, but doubt it's the same for RTE employees !!

Their strong Catholic beliefs determine that, apart from keeping the station basically open, they don’t work on a Good Friday. (Tongue firmly in cheek)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Their strong Catholic beliefs determine that, apart from keeping the station basically open, they don’t work on a Good Friday. (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Does keeping the station basically open mean they just switch on the lights to give the impression there's somebody home.

After getting a woe bejays*s dose of sunburn this morning even wid factor 30 plastered on. And I'm wondering whoy.

Have a great weekend everyone !

What's this work that you're on about.?
    Heard eff all radio today, grand day altogether,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

• Registered Users Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Is it Funny Friday again?
    The standard of comedy is the same.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Good gawd, what a blowhard.
    (Dee Forbes)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

Dee Forbes talking sh1te.

Nearly got sick at the wheel droivin short while ago, with D4bes being “interviewed” by her underlings, first of all telling us how wonderful she is, then going on about employment equality in RTE. The equality is that the majority of employees in there already have a connection in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nearly got sick at the wheel droivin short while ago, with D4bes being “interviewed” by her underlings, first of all telling us how wonderful she is, then going on about employment equality in RTE. The equality is that the majority of employees in there already have a connection in there.

Correct and right.

Almost a closed shop.

Nearly like the way Irish Shipping used to be...... ooooh. …… that’s a long time ago:D

I was incredulous at her account of how she just knocked on doors in London and got to see the heads of ad agencies.

Yeah; right. Sure thing. That happens all the time with unknowns from across the sea.

Just more evidence of the Golden Circle in action.

Caller driven show ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Moaning about RTE show.

Important stuff.

• Advertisement

Bullying in de wurkforce.

Yeah, best way to train special forces is serve them tea and cakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement