Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running in Cork City

• 02-04-2019 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Cork for a few days and not really too familiar with the geography of Cork City so looking for recommendations for running routes. I'm staying in the Metropole on Mac Curtain Street and planning 8 to 9 mile runs.

Any recommendations welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

would recommend this route - the run from the hotel to the start point would make it under 9 miles. All fairly flat apart from hills around Blackrock castle. Most of the route is along the old railway line and mahon walkway, which is tarmac'd for pedestrians and cyclists. Lovely views as well

https://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/cork-m/blackrock-8-route-787411

You could also run out past the train station, out the Lower Glanmire road to the Dunkettle roundabout and back - that would be around 6 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

I'm heading to Cork for a few days and not really too familiar with the geography of Cork City so looking for recommendations for running routes. I'm staying in the Metropole on Mac Curtain Street and planning 8 to 9 mile runs.

Any recommendations welcome.

You’ve a few options- you could head out the Western Road / Mardyke and to the Lee Fields or you could go towards Centre Park Road, the Marina and aim for Blackrock castle. You can continue on past the castle and stay by the water for about 2 miles and you’ll come to steps / ramp, take a right, go over the footbridge and you are on an old railway line (now tarmac). It leads straight back to the marina ad back to where you stared then. I love that route myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

also this one if you want to vary it up and head out the opposite end of the city, but running to the start would push it over the 9 mile mark.

https://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/cork-m/straight-rd-lee-rd-route-652299

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Back in Black

Thanks a million loads of options there. Really appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Treviso wrote: »
    would recommend this route - the run from the hotel to the start point would make it under 9 miles. All fairly flat apart from hills around Blackrock castle. Most of the route is along the old railway line and mahon walkway, which is tarmac'd for pedestrians and cyclists. Lovely views as well

https://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/cork-m/blackrock-8-route-787411

You could also run out past the train station, out the Lower Glanmire road to the Dunkettle roundabout and back - that would be around 6 miles

+1 for this suggestion, you could extend it if you wanted by turning left & using the pedestrian bridge after you come up from the path around Jacob's Island & following the walkway to Passage West.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

There is an old post if you do a search that has all the detail on this.

Advertisement