Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Movie - Poll Thread

Options
  • 04-02-2019 2:03pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So this will teach me for doing the nominations so close to Christmas!!

Only getting back to this now, but what a better day to brighten up a Monday! :)

As we had so MANY nominations, I've excluded any movies that didn't have more than 2 nominations.. .we lost some good ones, Polar Express, Home Alone 2, Scrooged... :(

But we have left a stellar list all the same, so it's time to get voting for Boards.ie favourite Christmas movie of 2018.... :o

Poll will close next Monday and results will be announced then! :)

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Movie 21 votes

A Muppet Christmas Carol
    0%
    Home Alone
    14%
    odyssey06LoughcCheerLouth 3 votes
    Die Hard 1
    28%
    homersimpsonchuckles30gerrybbaddMoyglishpoppy37freshpopcorn 6 votes
    Die Hard 2
    19%
    jonskiDoctorEdgeWildPosyThe Domonator 4 votes
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
    0%
    Love Actually
    14%
    DvBJude13TRS30 3 votes
    Elf
    9%
    CaranicaDeja Boo 2 votes
    Bad Santa
    4%
    hurlingman97 1 vote
    Gremlins
    4%
    DeniG2 1 vote
    The Santa Clause
    4%
    Mam of 4 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Home Alone
    Just a reminder of the original nominations thread... it has been a while! :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057934681

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Home Alone
    I've gone with a Muppets Christmas Carol - brings me back to my childhood. I love watching it every year (missed out on it this year somehow). The Marley Brothers ghost scene used to scare the bejesus out of me as a child :o

Although, has anyone noticed that when they show it on the telly now, they cut out the song from the Scrooge and Belle break up scene?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Home Alone
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Although, has anyone noticed that when they show it on the telly now, they cut out the song from the Scrooge and Belle break up scene?

That is correct, they cut it and a few smaller scenes to bring down the runtime to make it more family friendly with a shorter run time.

The dvd has the full edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Home Alone
    Yeah I have the DVD - I love that song

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

None of my faves made this list, there are a few on this list that I strongly dislike, the one I feel better about them all is The Santa Clause, so that's my vote.

• Advertisement

Home Alone
    Only 10 votes cast so far and as expected there is nothing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Elf
    I couldnt decide between Love Actually and Santa Clause :o

so I went with Die Hard :eek:
    KIDDING!!!!

Home Alone
    Only 16 votes so far... a surprise leader but still early days. Keep voting folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love Actually
    National Lampoons Christmas vacation all the way. I have watched it every year in the build up since its release in 1989. Had it on VHS, DVD & now blue ray. Christmas wouldn't be christmas without the Griswalds.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Home Alone
    19 votes cast... nothing in it!

• Advertisement

Home Alone
    Poll closes at 1pm today, 22 votes cast, leader ahead by two votes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love Actually
    Not too surprised, a universally popular favourite came first. My own fav came joint third so guess my taste isn't too bad :)

Home Alone
    TRS30 wrote: »
    Not too surprised, a universally popular favourite came first. My own fav came joint third so guess my taste isn't too bad :)

Yea no surprise at the winner... more surprised at the noms, Die Hard 2 has more nominations than most traditional Christmas Movies, yet no one considers it the best Christmas movie... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love Actually
    Loughc wrote: »
    Yea no surprise at the winner... more surprised at the noms, Die Hard 2 has more nominations than most traditional Christmas Movies, yet no one considers it the best Christmas movie... :pac:

Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Love Actually
    All great but Christmas vacation for me too. "I don't know Margo" gets used a lot at home

Home Alone
    Jude13 wrote: »
    All great but Christmas vacation for me too. "I don't know Margo" gets used a lot at home

“Sh*tters full” is my go to line from that movie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Ah feck guys...I missed this one...not been on much over past week or so...lots of small bovines to mind at the moment...
    cute as can be..very like small deers.....Getting up at stupid oclock...and lots of physical work during the day. Best way to lose the
    extra Christmas pounds....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Love Actually
    Need to start using that when changing nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Die Hard 2
    Loughc wrote: »
    “Sh*tters full” is my go to line from that movie :pac:

has been used on occasion here but over the festive season I hear this a lot from my kids ,( I refuse to take the blame for this )

https://youtu.be/DCnoSWnlkCA

Advertisement