Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixmania hacked ...

• 21-02-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Not sure where this should go but as quite a few people in BA seem to use Pixmania, I thought I'd post it here. Mods, move/copy as you see fit.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/02/eharmony-hacked/
    In addition, this miscreant also is selling access to the customer database for online electronics store pixmania.com and computer game vendor eidos.com, for similar amounts. Neither diversitybusiness.com nor pixmania.com responded to requests for comment. The general counsel for eidos.com, a division of the Square Enix Group, said the company was investigating the claim but declined to comment further.
    If you have an account on Pixmania (or indeed Eidos), you should change your password immediately.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You also need to change passwords if they're the same for any other account.

God I rue the day I ever used pixmania, it's only ever caused heartache and they still owe me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Future reference it might go here. But thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

twigsirl wrote: »
    Not sure where this should go but as quite a few people in BA seem to use Pixmania, I thought I'd post it here. Mods, move/copy as you see fit.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/02/eharmony-hacked/

If you have an account on Pixmania (or indeed Eidos), you should change your password immediately.

there is no evidence to suggest that Pixmania has been hacked, the only basis for the statement is that some person claims to have passwords for Pixmania accounts. If they do have passwords for Pixamania its more than likely this is a result of people using the same password for eharmony and Pixmania, and not Pixmania getting hacked.

If you never registered for eharmony I wouldn’t be overly concerned by this. In general its advisable to use different passwords for each website you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Can anyone advise how to change your pixmania password? I cant see the option for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to 'Online Buying & Auctions'..

And there it is, yet another reason to avoid Pixmania.

skywalker wrote: »
    Can anyone advise how to change your pixmania password? I cant see the option for it.
    +1

Doesn't look like you can..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Pixmania do not allow you to change your password online - you have to contact their Customer Service.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/page/cmr5_cmp2987_cm.html#cgv_1

Creating or editing your account
    You can use your user account to track orders, manage subscriptions to newsletters, create PIX’lists for future purchases and recap all the products you have recently viewed in just one click. You can now even get personal purchasing tips!

arrow-left-world.png Setting up a user account
    Just enter your name, surname and e-mail address into the relevant fields to instantly create a user account. Your username will be your e-mail address. You won’t need to use your password to sign in until you place your first order.

arrow-left-world.png How can I change my personal details?
    If you want to change your e-mail address or password, please contact our customer services team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

skywalker wrote: »

Can't. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I googled for info about the hack, and the only info I got was on this site. :)
    Plus some guy on Twitter who said it was hacked on the 11th (10 days ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How to change password:

Click the "If you are not Dave, click here" link once logged in.
    (replace name with your own!)

That will log you out.

You can then reset your password from the login screen (it will send you a random password by email)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Just did that, the weird thing is when you log in, it still doesnt give you an option to put in a password of your own, so your stuck with their random one. How odd!

• Advertisement
Advertisement