Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Satellite Kit €50 in B&Q

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Now sold out in Liffey Valley
    Also sold out in Tallaght (although the B&Q rep said they're taking orders for the kits, and will stick by the €50 sale price, which actually ends tomrrow. She's normally €99)

Swords said they still have loads in stock though. :cool:

Big consumer thread on it here, if anyone fancies reading some other reviews.
    http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/109/33654808-b-q-satellite-ross-freesat-box-page-18.html

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I got one of these last year for the world cup. I ended up bringing it back as I found the delay when changing channels on the box was painful. It was maybe 3 seconds, and if you say pressed channel up 5 times then it would take 3 seconds for each press. It would have driven me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    I got one of these last year for the world cup. I ended up bringing it back as I found the delay when changing channels on the box was painful. It was maybe 3 seconds, and if you say pressed channel up 5 times then it would take 3 seconds for each press. It would have driven me nuts.
    Must have updated things in this new version.
    Grabbed one myself and am actually rather impressed with it. Response times are quite quick. The now/next epg takes a few secs to appear at times, but anyone who's been using ''OTHER CHANNELS'' on sky, will barely notice any difference.

I was also quite surprised and pleased, to see FIVE on the channel list.

The USB PVR feature is relatively easy to use. Just pop in your flash drive, press record and it dumps a transport stream file, into a folder with the channel name.

Okay, so it's no HUMAX, won't support saorview/sat and the lack of a proper EPG leaves a lot to be desired, but considering an official freesat HD box is probably double the price, this is quite the bargain, IMHO.

FYI, it's a ROSS HDR-8130USB.

Advertisement