Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on change of use

Options
  • 24-02-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi, we have a commercial premises (old shop), which could usefully be converted to living / rental...I've not done anything like this in the past - I'd really appreciate if someone could advise on whether planning is required, and if so what will planning people require.

What do i need to consider re fire regs, disability access, standards for rental.
    How will insurance work out in terms of change of use?
    What do Residential tenancy board require?
    All help appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Hi, we have a commercial premises (old shop), which could usefully be converted to living / rental...I've not done anything like this in the past - I'd really appreciate if someone could advise on whether planning is required, and if so what will planning people require.

What do i need to consider re fire regs, disability access, standards for rental.
    How will insurance work out in terms of change of use?
    What do Residential tenancy board require?
    All help appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Is the shop vacant? For how long?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Planning authorities tend to encourage a change of use from retail commercial to private residence.

You are as well to employ a professional to deal with the matters

Advertisement