Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishman facing 25 years prison in Oz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

When Ireland sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An Irish couple have been charged in connection with the alleged stabbing of a man in Australia on Saturday.

New South Wales police believe Earle and four other men allegedly set upon Mr Solan as he lay motionless on the apartment floor, using a knife to sever part of his ear, head wounds and leaving him with a ruptured spleen at around 8.40pm.

The court was told that Earle is facing a maximum of 25 years in prison if convicted, with a standard non-parole period of seven years.

It's unclear why they all set upon one man, but it's good Australia isn't just giving people a slap on the wrist.
    Can we get Oz to handle our criminals too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

When Ireland sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

I see what you did there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

coked up rats by the looks of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

biko wrote: »
    It's unclear why they all set upon one man, but it's good Australia isn't just giving people a slp on the wrist.

Didn't we do that when we were part of the Empire? Ah, the good old days.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Botany Bay? BOTANY BAY???!!! KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Low lie the fields of Athenry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Throw away the key, scumbags.

their rapists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

All he did was stole Trevelyn's corn so the young might see the morn.
    Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay

• Advertisement

One possible maximum sentence. We have high max sentences too.

Let's see what they actually get and remember, this is a country that was considering it's use of juries after a police officer was paralysed and his attacker walked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Good, 6 people beating the hell out of a single man, stabbing him, severing his ear and rupturing his spleen!

They all deserve to go to prison!

I doubt it, coke is like $250 a gram and very hard to get in Ozzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,086 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Deport him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's unclear why they all set upon one man, but it's good Australia isn't just giving people a slp on the wrist.

Wouldn't be the first time we've sent criminals to OZ :)

Deport him.

We don't want him. Send him to the Pitcairns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ours, as in Sweden’s or ours, as in Ireland’s?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ours, as in Sweden’s or ours, as in Ireland’s?

As in Galway's.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

One possible maximum sentence. We have high max sentences too.

Let's see what they actually get and remember, this is a country that was considering it's use of juries after a police officer was paralysed and his attacker walked

Minimum 7 year sentence before parole can be considered.
    Much better than the Irish system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I seen this story and the girlfriend dragged the body into the hallway so she's in hot water
    And talking about hot she is absolutely stunning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

I thought Irish emigrants to Australia were much more likely to be victims of horrific crimes or tragic accidents than perpetrators of crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Doesn't look like it in the least. It's literally just two people smiling (scumbags of course but they look totally run of the mill; sometimes scumbags don't have a stereotypical look).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Deport him.

Sentence him to transportation, back to Kildare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sentence him to transportation, back to Kildare!

i dont think australia allows for cruel and unusual punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Hope he's pissing his pant's the little sh/tbag, and as for blondie way to screw your life up sweet cheeks

Hope he's pissing his pant's the little sh/tbag, and as for blondie way to screw your life up sweet cheeks

Oz prisons enjoy the same rape culture as US prisons.
    He's in for one he'll of a ride if found guilty!

Oz prisons enjoy the same rape culture as US prisons.
    He's in for one he'll of a ride if found guilty!

Deport him.

Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,653 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Deport him.

I agree, after he serves his sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I seen this story and the girlfriend dragged the body into the hallway so she's in hot water

She’s a belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Whole lives changed. No sympathy though from what I read.

Hopefully the law won’t go easy in them. OZ won’t give a **** and rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Cowardly, vicious scum, do not deport them, make them serve every day of their prison sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Deport him.

He’d love that I’d say...

Ireland sentencing him to “time already served.”

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

What sort of normal people sever a persons ear and rupture their spleen? And they look like such a nice couple.

I spent 2 years down there, and there seemed to be Irish people in the news regularly for various things. Drunk driving, fights, etc. Maybe as Donald said we're not sending our best down there after all. I mean they let me in ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

larva wrote: »
    What sort of normal people sever a persons ear and rupture their spleen? And they look like such a nice couple.

Yes. Look quite normal/decent...

Usually these type people have that look off them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Cowardly, vicious scum, do not deport them, make them serve every day of their prison sentence.
    But she's hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

No need to bring wheres he from into it!!! He's as Australian as everyone else and he probably brought lovely exotic food with him, like the chicken fillet roll or buttery mash !!! :pac:

No, back to the real world. They brought shame on the the mother land and could have killed that man. Jail em and send them all home when their stint is done. Donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

But she's hot.

A good looking woman getting sentenced is playing the game on easy mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

She may be hot, but It's deffo only skin deep in her case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

milehip wrote: »
    She may be hot, but It's deffo only skin deep in her case.

Whats this they say about never stick your dick in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Wouldn't it be a good idea to send criminals to Antarctica ... let the kunts freeze...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Pkiernan wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/irish-couple-charged-in-connection-with-assault-where-man-had-ear-partially-cut-off-in-australia-39493302.html

Got to love the Ozzies justice system.
    If convicted, he's facing a min 7 year sentence before parole and up to 25. Thatll cool his jets.

Far cry for a Poor Box donation.

Or suspending the final ( pick your number ) years of the sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

But she's hot.

Me hole she is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

But she's hot.

She’ll get plenty to look after her in prison, cradle snatcher too she’s 26 in her prime sexually and he 23 . hope he remembers all the good times he had with her , he’ll have to settle for Pamela now .

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Australia will rule she will face the harshest possible sentencing, she will be tried as a black man

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Expensive yes,

Hard to get? Not at all.

Lots of young Irish in oz on obscene money in construction and recruitment for construction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It is? I've never touched it myself but my mates don't seem to have a problem getting it when they want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Nothing new, there's two Donegal men on remand for the last 18 months for kicking an old Aboriginal man to death for a bit of Craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

he did not pay his drug bill.so they beat him up

• Advertisement
Advertisement