Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-01-2011, 15:50   #1

New & Improved Anime & Manga Stores in Ireland List

So! Here's an updated list of all the stores in Ireland that stock either manga or anime. Of course, buying online is probably your best bet but it's always nice to know what's available in Irish shops. I've linked to the sites of as many stores as I could - for the nationwide ones you can use their site to find a store nearest to you.

I'm always looking for new suggestions so if you can add something to this list, please comment

Finally, here is the original list for reference.

Nationwide:

Easons: Stock a selection of manga in most stores
Waterstones: Stock a selection of manga in most store
Hughes & Hughes: Stock a selection of manga in most store

HMV: Stock a selection of anime in their World Cinema section in most stores

Dublin

Forbidden Planet: Stock a comprehensive selection of manga as well as other anime/manga related paraphenalia

Forbidden Planet Dublin
5-6 Crampton Quay
Dublin 2
Phone: 0035 3167 10688

Chapters: Stock a selection of manga

Chapters Bookstore
Parnell Street, Dublin 1.

Sub City

Sub City
2 Exchequer Street, Dublin 2.
Tel. (01) 677 1902

Tower Records : Stocks anime DVDs

Tower Records Dublin
6-8 Wicklow St, Dublin 2
Tel: (01) 671 3250

Hodges Figgis: Stock manga

Hodges Figgis
56-58 Dawson St.
Dublin 2

Small "cheap books"-type store at the bottom of Grafton Street that usually has manga - it's in between the CompuB (Apple) store & the cigar shop.

Rest of country:

Other Realms Ltd. - Stock manga and possibly anime

Paul Street Shopping Centre, Cork City.
Tel: (021) 422 2224
Fax: (021) 427 9508

Sub City Galway

Corbett Court
Galway
Tel: +353 91 565994

Alien 8: decent selection of manga and might be stocking anime DVDs soon.

1 Selskar Ct Well Lané
Wexford
Tel: (053)9174704

Note: both Tallaght and Blanchardstown Libraries stock manga available for rent.

Movidrome (Kyle House, Henry Street Limerick) stocks anime DVDs available for rent.
Advertisement
05-06-2011, 20:50   #2
OniKen

I love buying in shops, especially since i get some great randoms like generator gawl, red hawk and ray earth... ones i would never have picked online since all the big ones are there that i have already seen and liked but the sad fact is Ireland has no where good. Directors cut in cork is ok but most of the stuff is vol 5 of get backers or vol 3 of full metal panic. I would love a proper anime and manga store but online is the only real option now (Amazon has more but sendit is good too)

Also other relms has a very tiny collection of anime, only whats left of the older store that wasn't sold... its almost all region 1. You get the odd random in HMV but its rediculesly overpriced usually.
05-06-2011, 21:14   #3
Saruwatari

Pretty sure the Laser DVD store in Dublin (both the retail and rental ones) stock a decent bit of anime.
05-06-2011, 22:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruwatari View Post
Pretty sure the Laser DVD store in Dublin (both the retail and rental ones) stock a decent bit of anime.
Where's the Laser DVD store?

CEX on Upper Liffey St. has some random anime DVDs which are nice and cheap since they're all 2nd hand. Nothing really complete though which sucks ass but it's worth looking as a gem could appear some day!
06-06-2011, 20:38   #5
Art_Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to Art_Wolf Send a message via AIM to Art_Wolf Send a message via MSN to Art_Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Art_Wolf Send a message via Skype™ to Art_Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Where's the Laser DVD store?
The Laser rental store I knew of that stocked a lot of anime was around 5 South Great Georges Street. The retail store was around 15 St. Andrew Street.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-09-2011, 21:15   #6

Hey, today in Waterford I noticed that The Book Centre stocked a nice selection of Manga on the bottom circle near the audio books/sci fi section. Its sort of hard to notice as its just a little rotating stand but still very nice.

Some of the stuff there: Naruto & DBZ . Full metal Alchemist, Death Note, Detroit metal city and about 10 other ones with about 3 copies of each.

So can you add that to the list please.
27-01-2012, 13:27   #7

Hi,

I am new here, so please be understanding

How about shops with some gadgets? The stall in Georges St. Arcade is cool, but I'm searching for something more.

Anyone could help?
07-02-2012, 22:01   #8
Numina

I was poking around HMV on Grafton St. today, there's a bunch of anime DVD's they're selling off hella cheap. Heat Guy J season 1 boxset is a tenner, Hellsing Ultimate are 3.99 each, same goes for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Origins. I think volumes of Noein (around 5 eps. per volume) were like 7 euro. I picked up Ghost in the Shell 2.0 on Blu-Ray for 10 euro. Like I said, A bunch more stuff is priced similarly, it's worth the browse.

Last edited by Numina; 07-02-2012 at 22:43.
07-02-2012, 22:26   #9

Oh, I must add CEX on Liffey St to this list. They sell second hand DVDs/games etc. and they've quite a few anime titles. Could be a gem or two, depends on what's there! I recently left in a pile of anime DVDs (I needed money >_<) and someone bought them on the spot!
Advertisement
11-02-2012, 16:46   #10
twinex

tall tales bookshop on the main street in clonmel is pretty good choice for manga and graphic novels in general, strangely its opened one day then closed the next....recommended though
p.s. people might remember it being in waterford a few years ago
05-03-2012, 06:45   #11

that's great I have to admit....
21-03-2012, 23:43   #12
Endless Nameless

Any good places stocking manga in county donegal?
24-03-2012, 16:00   #13
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
Roswell Comics in Athlone sells plenty of Manga and some figures too.
06-04-2012, 20:20   #14
sciencebizare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Nameless View Post
Any good places stocking manga in county donegal?

The only place I know of in Letterkenny is the comic book store in the courtyard shopping centre on the very bottom floor. They're really pricey though. I have to get all my manga and anime online.
23-06-2012, 22:26   #15
Lawliet

Oxfam on Georges street has a collection of manga, but it's not selling so they're talking of getting rid of it
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion