Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Search this Forum" on Android

Options
  • 27-09-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

If I use the "Search this Forum" feature on a Galaxy S3 it returns a Google web search. It leaves Boards altogether. Search this Forum > Advanced Search is fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hi there,

That's quite peculiar, are you using the touch site or the desktop site on your phone?

Can you describe in detail what happens when you try to search a forum, does the query you enter get carried over to the Google web search?

Which browser are you using?

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

In the Liverpool superthread, I typed the word "Brendan" into "Search this thread". I got redirected to:

https://www.google.ie/search?safe=images&source=android-browser-type&client=ms-android-samsung&redir_esc=&q=brendan&qsubts=1380540849994&devloc=0&hl=en-IE

i.e., I leave boards and go to google.ie with web results for the search term entered in boards.

It's the stock browser on Android 4.1.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay on this, but the "Search this forum" on the desktop site does exhibit really unpredictable behaviour in mobile browsers. It will disappear when you click into the text area, and in the case of the Galaxy S3's stock browser, you'll actually start typing into your address bar and hence why you get Google search results. On a Galaxy Nexus stock browser, it'll just go straight to "Advanced Search" with no params. I can't even type into at all in Chrome for Android.

It's to do with the JS, we'll patch it up as soon as possible and let you know.

Alvis.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement