Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"New posts" icon and beta skin

Options
  • 20-03-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I use the board.ie beta skin which uniquely (?) has a trio of mini icons in the top right of the window, the rightmost of which indicates if new posts have been added to your subscribed threads. Until recently this icon would appear red if there were new posts and blue if not, but now it is blue all the time. Is there some way to change this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hiya, the beta menu is not currently being supported so you may see things like this creeping in. Here's a post by the developer explaining it.
    Ross wrote: »
    The beta menu has been a successful experiment thusfar, thanks for all your feedback and suggestions on how to improve it from it's initial introduction.

Development of it is suspended for the moment as we work on projects with higher priority, but I hope to revisit user interface improvements again when we have time.

Unfortunately, this means the menu is going to start developing quirks as browsers continue to update, etc. If any particularly serious issues crop up, I'll see what I can do, but for now consider it unsupported (like a beta!) :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement