Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 Inch CRT TV likes to turn off by itself

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I have a 32 Inch Philips CRT (Large deep size - not lcd or plasma) TV that for the past while started to turn off by itself every so often... maybe once in a nights tv viewing and a simple push of the on button on the remote would power it back on again.

Lately (the past two weeks) this has become very frequent (powers off every 2 - 5 minutes) I have another tv in another room, so im not missing any tv at the mo!

I would like to get this problem sorted as it is a cracking tv and has brilliant features and i dont want to upgrade just yet.

Would i be right in saying that this is a capacitor problem that is fixable or am i way off the track?

Would this be repairable at all and at roughly what cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There's a good chance it can be fixed alright. Sounds like a common Philips P/S problem.

Repair cost, I'd guess about 60-100eur. Possibly more if you need it collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Thanks for that... will look into getting it fixed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Where are you based? I can recommend a repair place if you like (he's in Rathfarnham).

Advertisement