Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trition T90 shower, no water

• 26-07-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,

We have a Triton T90 shower and very recently after 5-10 minutes of the shower working okay no water comes out. The shower still makes the same noise, just nothing comes out. Now at first, taking off the shower hose would sometimes temporarily fix it, and it would maybe go again, but that doesn't even happen now. I'm planning to turn off the power and take off the cover and see if maybe the filter inside needs cleaning or anything. Does anyone have a better idea of what might be wrong? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

I have come across this phenomenon before, but on a Mira. They are very similar internally to Tritons, but I can't speak with authority without seeing the innards.

Miras have a small solenoid valve at the output. It consists of an armature inside a bobbin. The bobbin contains a self-resetting thermal trip. It's a form of over-temperature protection. The thermal trip can go wonky and operate at normal temperatures. The symptoms are exactly as you describe.

If that is the case, don't ket it keep running, as you're 'dead-heading' the pump; that is, operating it into a dead end, which is not good for it. Assuming that is the problem, you should be able to get a new bobbin for about €20.

If you're not comfortacle with that kind of work, Google the Shower Doctor & they will come to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

thanks, appreciate the detailed reply. I wouldn't be too confident with that sort of work myself, anything beyond opening it up and cleaning the filter is above my knowledge. As I'm renting, we told the landlord about it and he's going to get someone to come out and look at it, so hopefully it will get sorted before too long! Thanks again.

Advertisement