Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairways Carrickmines Manor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 knock77

Hi all

We’re at the sale agreed but still pre-signing stage for one of the 3 bed houses in the cup de sac at the end of the The Avenue. The floor plan for our house pretty much matches that of the show house but I noticed that the placement of windows differs significantly in the kitchen - our plan indicates that there is a window above the main kitchen counter and that the sink and hob have been swapped.

I see that a lot of the houses in The Court which would have been released in phase 1 have the same window placement so I was hoping anyone who has since moved in might share your feedback on the alternative layout. Do you prefer the layout to the one in the show house? Does the different window placement affect the amount of light in the room? Would the location of the window above the counter result in you looking directly into your neighbour’s kitchen?

Similar to the last poster’s request, if anyone has general feedback on the development generally that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kiwitown

Hi knock77

We are also sale agreed in the cul de sac phase 2, 3 bed semi d.

Yeah we noticed the kitchen window is just in front of the sink and the hob is on the island. The walls between each house look high enough for privacy i noticed.

Have you done a snag list yet/have a date for this?

Would love to hear any more info on the area and what its like living there so far from people moved in.

Thanks

knock77 wrote: »
    Hi all

We’re at the sale agreed but still pre-signing stage for one of the 3 bed houses in the cup de sac at the end of the The Avenue. The floor plan for our house pretty much matches that of the show house but I noticed that the placement of windows differs significantly in the kitchen - our plan indicates that there is a window above the main kitchen counter and that the sink and hob have been swapped.

I see that a lot of the houses in The Court which would have been released in phase 1 have the same window placement so I was hoping anyone who has since moved in might share your feedback on the alternative layout. Do you prefer the layout to the one in the show house? Does the different window placement affect the amount of light in the room? Would the location of the window above the counter result in you looking directly into your neighbour’s kitchen?

Similar to the last poster’s request, if anyone has general feedback on the development generally that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 knock77

Kiwitown wrote: »
    Hi knock77

We are also sale agreed in the cul de sac phase 2, 3 bed semi d.

Yeah we noticed the kitchen window is just in front of the sink and the hob is on the island. The walls between each house look high enough for privacy i noticed.

Have you done a snag list yet/have a date for this?

Would love to hear any more info on the area and what its like living there so far from people moved in.

Thanks

Hi Kiwitown

Good to hear and congrats on going sale agreed!

Good point on the height of the walls, I did wonder about that.

We’ve been in regular contact with the EA who is advising that the house should be ready for snagging around end September with move in potentially mid October. All the houses in the cul de sac are due to be completed around the same time so I’d expect yours to have a similar timeline. That said always hard to know with new builds so hopefully it’s not hit by any delays!

Hi Knock77,

Hope all is good. Have you heard anything on snag dates yet?

We went up to see the houses today and managed to get into the garden. Just noticed they have 3 different types of walls in the garden- block wall, wooden fences and a grey slatted fence. Have you seen this? we didn't see this on the landscaping plans. Behind the wall is a lot of ditch trees which the EA said they wont be cutting back. Also noticed alot of crows in the trees!!

Any current home owners have any feedback on the houses/living in the estate please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tdillers

Hi all, currently sale agreed on one of the houses in the avenue. Has anybody on this forum moved into their house yet and can they share their experience so far? There is some houses up the back of the estate still being worked on, wondering when people can expect to be ready to move into those. if there was a WhatsApp group, would love to join if anyone could DM me. ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Alexandra909

Yes definitely, will send you a PM

Hi @Underexcited. We are currently sale agreed on one of the semi-Ds in phase 2 and would love to know if there's a whatsapp group for the area

@kiwitown, did you get to view the house at all or just the showroom? We're waiting for the contracts but not sure what kind of timelines to expect at this stage.
    If you want to chat more or if you know if there's a whatsapp group please PM me :)

Thaaanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 googleewrewr

Congrats all. Were there any houses that came under HTB scheme in Phase 2?

And, are there more phases or Phase 2 is the last?

Hi Knock77,

Hope all is good. Have you heard anything on snag dates yet?

We went up to see the houses today and managed to get into the garden. Just noticed they have 3 different types of walls in the garden- block wall, wooden fences and a grey slatted fence. Have you seen this? we didn't see this on the landscaping plans. Behind the wall is a lot of ditch trees which the EA said they wont be cutting back. Also noticed alot of crows in the trees!!

Any current home owners have any feedback on the houses/living in the estate please :)

Hi Kiwitown,

Do you know by any chance if the internet wiring in the house is fibre optic or copper?

Related to the hob in the island vs on the wall, I think it will work much better as there's usually a lot of water splashed around sinks and it ends up everywhere on the island and on the floor around it. Our worry tho is that the extractor fan for the hob will be too low and therefore a bit in the way if you are in the kitchen and trying to talk to someone on the other side or watch tv. What are your thoughts on this?

Also have you met by any chance or spoken to residents from the first phase?

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shiran

Hi guys,

We are sale agreed for one of the end of terrace houses in The Court. Any good contacts to do the flooring.

Congrats all. Were there any houses that came under HTB scheme in Phase 2?

And, are there more phases or Phase 2 is the last?

As per EA this is the last phase of the development.

• Advertisement

Shiran wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We are sale agreed for one of the end of terrace houses in The Court. Any good contacts to do the flooring.

Hi Shiran,

Have you been able to visit the house? The EA told us it'll be a couple more weeks ...

No contact on flooring yet but i'll share if I hear anything.

Hi Shiran,

Have you been able to visit the house? The EA told us it'll be a couple more weeks ...

No contact on flooring yet but i'll share if I hear anything.

Hello Alexandra909, we did visit the house but haven't got access to it yet to do any work. But would like to see whether there are any contacts so we can get an idea on options and costs of flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frane

Hi,

Does anybody know whether there is any space for a dishwasher in the kitchen?

frane wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody know whether there is any space for a dishwasher in the kitchen?

Dishwasher is included no?

Hi guys,

Have you signed any contracts yet? What does everyone make of those horrible bike racks outside some of the houses?

Yes, the EA told me so. Just couldn't find it on the spec. Thanks for the reply.

frane wrote: »
    Yes, the EA told me so. Just couldn't find it on the spec. Thanks for the reply.

It is fitted in under the Island.

Tdillers wrote: »
    Have you signed any contracts yet? What does everyone make of those horrible bike racks outside some of the houses?

Not yet, hope to sign contracts soon.

Agree, the bike racks seems to cover front of some houses and not looking good. Does anyone know which houses are going to have these in the front. Were these marked in a plan some where.

Ye they were on the plans. They seem to be outside the showhouse number 15 and then around the back in the court outside number 13 I think. I wouldn’t like that at all. I have deposit down but do people think it will be this side of Christmas before they look to close? Does anyone know if everything is sold yet?

Ye they were on the plans. They seem to be outside the showhouse number 15 and then around the back in the court outside number 13 I think. I wouldn’t like that at all. I have deposit down but do people think it will be this side of Christmas before they look to close? Does anyone know if everything is sold yet?

Thanks.

As per EA all 3 bed houses were sold out. Not sure about 4 beds. They are saying houses will be ready for snag in two weeks. We will have to see.

• Advertisement

It is fitted in under the Island.

Thanks Shiran

Hey all,

We have been in contact with the builders and on there side they will be finished the snagging on 20th November and then we can start our snag lists. The ESB was connected last week and there is inspections for the homebond and architects over the coming weeks including fire safety checks.

The dishwasher is included, only the washing machine and tumble dryer are to be bought.

I agree, the bike racks dont look good and there seems to be alot of stolen bikes in the area recently too! (i follow the kilternan/carrickmines FB page).

Hey all,

We have been in contact with the builders and on there side they will be finished the snagging on 20th November and then we can start our snag lists. The ESB was connected last week and there is inspections for the homebond and architects over the coming weeks including fire safety checks.

The dishwasher is included, only the washing machine and tumble dryer are to be bought.

I agree, the bike racks dont look good and there seems to be alot of stolen bikes in the area recently too! (i follow the kilternan/carrickmines FB page).

Hi, have you signed contracts? Do you do the snags before you close?

Hey, we are on friday actually. however the final contract is signed after you are happy with your snag list been completed.. after that its keys!

Hey, we are on friday actually. however the final contract is signed after you are happy with your snag list been completed.. after that its keys!

Thanks kiwitown. Technically Can you not still drop out after your snags been done? I thought you have to sign closing contracts before this is done. Do you think you’ll be in before Christmas?

Hey,
    Yeah I think you can, we will be confirming this with our solicitor tomorrow. Hoping to be in by Christmas - if completion date is for 20th November then we do our snags as soon as possible after that date- so 2-3 weeks of snag completed and should be in!

Thanks kiwitown. Technically Can you not still drop out after your snags been done? I thought you have to sign closing contracts before this is done. Do you think you’ll be in before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PCulbert

Hey All,

Have purchased one of the houses on the Avenue. Submitted our snag items 3 weeks ago and were due to meet the builder on site today to sign off but unfortunately it was cancelled as builder hasn't completed yet. Seems a bit difficult and very slow to get anything done on the development and constantly chasing for updates. Just wondering what others have experienced in dealings with the builder. If there is a residents Whatsapp is it possible to be added?

Cheers,

Paul

PCulbert wrote: »
    Hey All,

Have purchased one of the houses on the Avenue. Submitted our snag items 3 weeks ago and were due to meet the builder on site today to sign off but unfortunately it was cancelled as builder hasn't completed yet. Seems a bit difficult and very slow to get anything done on the development and constantly chasing for updates. Just wondering what others have experienced in dealings with the builder. If there is a residents Whatsapp is it possible to be added?

Cheers,

Paul

Hey have you signed contracts before the snag? Can you request a close date if you need to wait for another 2/3 months?

Hey, you sign contracts first and pay your 10%. Snags is at the end. You won’t get your money back if you pull out after the snag. Then you sign final contract! It’s v confusing tbh!!

• Advertisement

Yeah there’s a WhatsApp group- PM me your number!
    PCulbert wrote: »
    Hey All,

Cheers,

Paul

Advertisement