Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Washing Machine Issue

Options
  • 09-07-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't normally post about something like this but I need some opinions here. I'm renting a place for the last year and a half and last month the washing machine/dryer packed it in. The landlord bought a new one a few weeks ago and I've used it a few times since. The machine, however, leaves clothes destroyed with lint/fluff - and it isn't a small bit - it's a thick layer on the inside and outside of all the clothes that's washed in it.

2582fer.jpg
    34q9ypv.jpg
    axnuc8.jpg
    16c9r0j.jpg
    28kpyxi.jpg

The clothes are unwearable after a wash. I've got a lint roller to try and tackle the issue but they remove half the lint at best. I'm at a bit of a loss here. I've searched for solutions and apparently there's not much that can be done aside from avoiding washing dark colours after light colours, but how is that possible? Eventually dark clothes will have to be washed and it will inevitably be after lighter colours :confused:

I've rented in several different places for the last 10+ years, all of them with different washing machine/dryers and I've never come across anything like this. Surely this can't be considered normal? If it was me that bought it I'd have returned it weeks ago. I don't particularly want to go back to my landlord after a few weeks to tell him that the washing machine he bought is brutal so I wanted to hear some opinions, maybe even some solutions before I take it up with the landlord. The brand of the washer/dryer is Indesit if anyone is familiar with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

check the pump filter and make sure it is clean, if ok go back to landlord and tell him that there is a problem with it , you will be doing him a favour as the warranty will be running out. To me it would suggest that it is not emptying properly and holding rinsing water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I have an Indesit washer dryer, and find if I'm drying towels in it then lint will build up inside the door seal. I just make sure to clean this out after drying. I don't have many white towels nor black clothes, so have never experienced anything as bad as the above though.

If it's happening without using the dryer function then I'd suspect something is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WasupDude

You shouldn't combine wool clothes with simple clothes. Or just try to clean the dirt from your machine. While I am cleaning the machine I can find money and some other goods that I was looking for.

Advertisement