Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Especially

Options
  • 07-04-2019 9:52am

Have you ever repeated that word a few times? It's weird as hell. It sounds like the name of some French-colonised island in the Western Pacific.

I can't bring myself to say it. It's like the Seychelles or something, or Gallipoli.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's a great word when used in a sentence though.

For instance.

I hate AH somedays, ESPECIALLY on Sunday mornings when people make moronic threads about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

♪♫ And now were back together, together, I want to show yoouu... My heart is oh so true. And all the love I have is espeeeciallllyyy for yoouuu ♫♪

Your thread title put this song in my head so now I'm going to spread the misery onto others

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

For instance.

I hate AH somedays, ESPECIALLY on Sunday mornings when people make moronic threads about nothing.

3.35pm where I am. But the point stands as I am little drunk.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

♪♫ And now were back together, together, I want to show yoouu... My heart is oh so true. And all the love I have is espeeeciallllyyy for yoouuu ♫♪

Your thread title put this song in my head so now I'm going to spread the misery onto others

Gaddamit you beat me to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I used to like you:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Specifically especially?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Joke's on you. I'd already had it in my head the last two days because of YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

For instance.

What are you talking about?

This thread is a real winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Have you ever repeated that word a few times? It's weird as hell. It sounds like the name of some French-colonised island in the Western Pacific.

I can't bring myself to say it. It's like the Seychelles or something, or Gallipoli.

It's the same with any word. Keep repeating your own name over and over again and it ends up sounding weird. Especially if you do it out loud and in public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I think people would be surprised at how often they repeat words in a conversation if they heard themselves back. It depends on the context as well- when speaking to a boss or director, there tends to be a lot of talking just to fill air because you are nervous. A common one seems to be "you know?"...in these conversations, for example:

"I had a login problem..you know..i logged a call about it...you know....the report should still be on time though, you know..".

"Basically" is also a suspicious one, anyone who says that a lot is lying- basically is a filler word used to wrap up the truth in a lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Seychellipoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I prefer the ethpethialy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Especially Lisa, ...but especially Bart

Advertisement