Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latif Yahia

• 21-06-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭

Just watched some of a youtube clip about Latif Yahia. He doesn't seem to be too keen on the Irish Government. Has anyone come across him before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

No never, thanks for asking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

No, not many Yahia's down my way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

SexBobomb wrote: »
    No, not many Yahia's down my way

Bunch of Yahoo's two doors up from me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Bunch of Yahoo's two doors up from me though.

You should be on the stage......................there's one leaving at 5 ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

He'd be a brother of Chantelle Yahia, she's married to one of the O'Brien's. Only had the 2nd child there recently. Salt of the earth.

• Advertisement

is that the charlestown yahias?

good aul stock the charlestown yahias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

He'd be a brother of Chantelle Yahia, she's married to one of the O'Brien's. Only had the 2nd child there recently. Salt of the earth.

Was that O'Brien fellah in the army for a while ?
    Drives the black Mondeo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

No, but they'd be a cousin of the Charlestown Yahia's, these are the Yahia's came from Ballydehob I think, after the father lost the garage due to the crash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Give us the highlights op, what's his main gripe

If you don't post a video how are we going to know what you're on about? I'm not going to actively seek out crap YouTube ranting vids to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I don't know what that means.

• Advertisement

SexBobomb wrote: »
    No, but they'd be a cousin of the Charlestown Yahia's, these are the Yahia's came from Ballydehob I think, after the father lost the garage due to the crash.

hes a poor garage man if he loses money after a crash tbh

is there a shamie yahia in it? might be a younger brother? had a cockatoo used to go around with it around the pubs performing folk songs in the sean-nós. some act.

No, he means the Westport Yahias, a dreadful shower by all accounts. All started when Enda wouldn't fix it for his wife to get a dodgy medical card, he's had it in for FG ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Any relation to Queen Latifah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

What if he is actually Uday Hussein, rather than a purported body double.

No, he means the Westport Yahias, a dreadful shower by all accounts. All started when Enda wouldn't fix it for his wife to get a dodgy medical card, he's had it in for FG ever since.

i dont like to doubt you but westport town council never let the yahias near the place.

too cute by half, they made sure that castlebar took any yahias that were coming into the area

no, i meant the charlestown yahias alright, although i am aware that many of them might well have come under bellaghy for the purposes of administering the medical card which wpnt help us in our quest for knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Just watched some of a youtube clip about Latif Yahia. He doesn't seem to be too keen on the Irish Government. Has anyone come across him before?

A charlatan who made A lot of spurious claims about his time in Iraq, who has bounced fro. Austria to Norway, where he fled before being tried for pouring petrol over an office full of people. He fled to Ireland, who knows where the scumbag is now.

Whatever he is saying, it will be ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Was that O'Brien fellah in the army for a while ?
    Drives the black Mondeo too.

John, yeah. Was out in Lebanon for a few rounds. Chantelle had a post up on Facadebook there over the weekend, isn't Latif only after baaaaaatin' the car off a tree after John gave him the loan to drop the kids to Shamie's.

Wrote off boys.
    is there a shamie yahia in it? might be a younger brother? had a cockatoo used to go around with it around the pubs performing folk songs in the sean-nós. some act.

Some powerful lungs on him.....Shamie's not too bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

i dont like to doubt you but westport town council never let the yahias near the place.

too cute by half, they made sure that castlebar took any yahias that were coming into the area

no, i meant the charlestown yahias alright, although i am aware that many of them might well have come under bellaghy for the purposes of administering the medical card which wpnt help us in our quest for knowledge

Aren't there some out the newport road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Have you done your own reaction video OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

What kind of stuff do I need to watch on youtube before it suggests this kind of stuff to me?

Would I get away with just watching a short Jordan Peterson clip or do I need to watch 50 videos in a row about the great replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Any relation to the Ennis Yahias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What kind of stuff do I need to watch on youtube before it suggests this kind of stuff to me?

Would I get away with just watching a short Jordan Peterson clip or do I need to watch 50 videos in a row about the great replacement?

i wouldn't call watching a jordan peterson clip getting away with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is he Queen Latifah’s gayer, even more hairier sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

i wouldn't call watching a jordan peterson clip getting away with anything.

Only in the sense that one Jordan Peterson video won't make youtube fill your entire suggestions with racism. You'll just get a little bit of racism, some incel stuff and documentaries about lobsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Only in the sense that one Jordan Peterson video won't make youtube fill your entire suggestions with racism. You'll just get a little bit of racism, some incel stuff and documentaries about lobsters.

I'm apparently at the point where YouTube knows why I'd be watching him.

"Up next...9 videos taking the piss out of Jordan Peterson"

Grayson wrote: »
    Aren't there some out the newport road?

i think they were moved on when they put the link road in behind geralds tbh

It would be nice if an op about yet another person whom the vast majority of people have never heard of could at least:

1) introduce this nobody, and
    2) have a reason why said nobody is worth discussing at this particular moment.

Give us the highlights op, what's his main gripe

If you don't post a video how are we going to know what you're on about? I'm not going to actively seek out crap YouTube ranting vids to watch

When you type in Latif Yahia Ireland on youtube it comes up, unless you want me to sit beside you and explain it to you!

When you type in Latif Yahia Ireland on youtube it comes up, unless you want me to sit beside you and explain it to you!

the equivalent of somebody you disagree with handing you a list of links that you would need to agree with them about in order to bother your arse reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm apparently at the point where YouTube knows why I'd be watching him.

"Up next...9 videos taking the piss out of Jordan Peterson"

I just don't get the hatred for Peterson, I quite like him.

I just don't get the hatred for Peterson, I quite like him.

hes in or around the richard dawkins level of "every now and again something very objectionable issues from him" and "doesnt do nearly enough to discourage association with the worst elements of his following"

quite understandable to have some distaste for him imo, and ill sit here all day (and do!) arguing against the same cohorts he does

the equivalent of somebody you disagree with handing you a list of links that you would need to agree with them about in order to bother your arse reading

? no idea what that means.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

hes in or around the richard dawkins level of "every now and again something very objectionable issues from him" and "doesnt do nearly enough to discourage association with the worst elements of his following"

quite understandable to have some distaste for him imo, and ill sit here all day (and do!) arguing against the same cohorts he does

He just sprouts common sense. Stuff that we all know to be true. Basic human nature and instinct.

He's not the great the philosopher of our age, he reminds of a bottled water salesmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

So many people think that Ireland owes them something.

There will be no way it can ever repay what they think they are owed!

Advertisement