Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People spitting at you when talking

• 22-06-2019 2:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭

I'm sure everyone hates this. When it happens to me, on the one hand I want to be nice, but on the other hand I feel like saying "you fcuking idiot, how can you not be aware that you're spitting on me?"

Would you tell someone you are talking to that they're spitting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Did this happen in work, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did you meet Paulie Malignaggi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Probably blowing smoke into your face and complaining about the noise from your radio at the same time.. The cheek of some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Say it, don't spray it........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If someone is shouting at me, I like to throw them off course by wiping my face as though they've spat at me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's caused by overproduction of saliva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,371 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Piss on his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

My aunt was eating fish one time and keep talking and spitting it everywhere had to move away from her, poor cow 🀀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

AT me? No. Conversation ends if that ever happens.

On the gtround? Would make me uncomfortable, definiltely. I'd keep distance.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Maybe they are spitting at you and disguising it with conversation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Stheno wrote: »
    It's caused by overproduction of saliva

I believe talking too quickly and energetically is also a factor. If a person speaks slowly, it tends not to happen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I dunno. I think it's quite refreshing in this hot weather we've been having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,648 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I'm sure everyone hates this. When it happens to me, on the one hand I want to be nice, but on the other hand I feel like saying "you fcuking idiot, how can you not be aware that you're spitting on me?"

Would you tell someone you are talking to that they're spitting?

U ok hun? Inbox me x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

People who chew gum loudly are the worst, it's drives me demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This happens more than you think particularly at work. And the more you start to worry about it the worse it can get. Im not exactly sure what causes it but if I end up spitting ill acknowledge it straight away and say "Oh sorry about that, I hate when that happens!" rather than keep on talking when both you and the other person know you are pretending that nothing happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

That’s why I always carry a pair of goggles with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I had a friend who used to spit so much when she spoke she had wipers on both sides of the windscreen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

frag420 wrote: »
    I had a friend who used to spit so much when she spoke she had wipers on both sides of the windscreen!!

So has Robbie Keane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Tell them you want the news and not the weather :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Maybe it's on purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Al Pacino does it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP get yourself one of these. Solves several issues at once.

tenor.gif?itemid=13145204

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I just pick them up and A) throw them out the door or B) ask them nicely to pick a window.....

Usually solves the problem.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

OP get yourself one of these. Solves several issues at once.

tenor.gif?itemid=13145204

They need an assault screen not one of those ...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

A 'friend' of mine was talking in the car window to my missus before and spit into her mouth... It was ehhhhh,, disgusting and hilarious in even numbers.

I mean, most of us who are single have no difficulty at all in sticking our tongues into the mouths of complete strangers on a Friday night.

If you were walking down Camden Street tomorrow morning, and I suggested you stick your tongue into the head of a stranger, you'd be disgusted. But probably hundreds of people do it on any given weekend night just along that bit of road, using one example.

So I'm fairly ambivalent about spitters in that context.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

I mean, most of us who are single have no difficulty at all in sticking our tongues into the mouths of complete strangers on a Friday night.

So I'm fairly ambivalent about spitters in that context.
    At least they get a say the gender and age range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What could it mean when a gangly youth cranes his neck and animatedly hocks up something that probably wasn’t there in the first place into your immediate path?

• Advertisement
Advertisement