Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating a Semester

Options
  • 21-06-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Well, basically long story short i fail Semester two in UL.
    I was wondering about repeating Semester two by itself. Is there anyway on doing that or do i have to repeat the year? Just wondering about money too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Frolick wrote: »
    Well, basically long story short i fail Semester two in UL.
    I was wondering about repeating Semester two by itself. Is there anyway on doing that or do i have to repeat the year? Just wondering about money too

I think you can just repeat the one semester! N then you will only have to pay half the fees!! (I think)

If you have the booklet they gave you at start of 1st year - it has the options in that! :-)

Sorry I not much help!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

the student status committee review each student's case (i think this is done after repeats) and decide whether you have to repeat a module, a semester or the full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

bazkennedy wrote: »
    the student status committee review each student's case (i think this is done after repeats) and decide whether you have to repeat a module, a semester or the full year.

Ya but you have to pay for the repeats (as far as i'm aware in UL), i could be totally wrong. Not confident in two of my modules so it will be throwing money down the drain if i have to pay for repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

i know a girl who repeated her final semester so I think you can. Not sure if it depends on what course you are doing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you need to repeat modules, you only need to pay for them on a per module basis.

If you have to repeat a semester the Student Service Charge also comes into the mix. I will check this out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

all of it is under review of the faculties on the 30th of this month. in your case they will allow you to only repeat only one semester and will only charge you half.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Thanks guy, still freaking out a bit! But thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

If you fail the semester do you have to repeat it? or can they just tell you to discontinue?

Advertisement