Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debit card not working

Options
  • 12-04-2021 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i can't use my debit card online or at checkouts. it still works at cash machines. tried "unblocking account to direct debits" in the app but that didn't work. idk what else to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Good morning a_w666,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulty using your card. The card may have been flagged for a security check and we'd ask you to check for a text or email from our card security team and follow the instructions in the message.

If you haven't received a message, you can call our card security team on freephone 1800946764. One of my colleagues can certainly check if your card has been flagged.

I hope this information helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 a_w666

i got in contact over the phone and they sent me out a new. new one doesn't work either. why the **** can't i use it? this has been going on far too long and i just want it sorted out. it's too much of a hassle getting in contact on the phone so i want to get it sorted out here or over email if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

a_w666 wrote: »
    i got in contact over the phone and they sent me out a new. new one doesn't work either. why the **** can't i use it? this has been going on far too long and i just want it sorted out. it's too much of a hassle getting in contact on the phone so i want to get it sorted out here or over email if possible.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to us here. Can we check with you when you received the new card for the account did you activate this in the ATM prior to trying to use the card online?

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

The old ATM trick goes over our heads as the same thing happened with mine

greasepalm wrote: »
    The old ATM trick goes over our heads as the same thing happened with mine
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with using the card for your account. When a new card is received this needs to be activated in an ATM prior to using the card online.

Can we check with you have you received an email or text from our card security team requesting you to confirm a transaction as genuine or not?

Please note that you will never be asked to disclose any account or password information in full or click on any link.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

No i meant i did not use my new card at an atm as forgot.

greasepalm wrote: »
    No i meant i did not use my new card at an atm as forgot.
    Thanks for this, once you activate the card at an ATM this should work as normal for you. Please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement