Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety

• 29-10-2019 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all I am suffering really badly with anxiety. It’s 8 weeks to my wedding and I am feeling completely over whelmed. I seem to have focused it all on my wedding dress which I am not sure is the right dress for me but I am stuck with it now.

I have a tendency to over think things at the best of times and aside from the wedding there are numerous other unrelated family troubles but at the moment I struggle to catch my breath. I wake at ridiculous times. I feel like I am having heat palpitations. It’s all irrational but it’s becoming an issue.

Any advice?? I can’t get an appointment with my gp for 3 weeks.

Thanks for listening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,082 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Get a new GP. Three weeks is mad timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

It's not that unusual in some parts. The GP crisis we've been warned about for years is now upon us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

I would bypass the GP and find a therapist locally. CBT would probably work well for you to manage your thinking but other approaches would work as well. Best of luck with it remember it’s your (and your partners) day.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Keco

ironmonkey wrote: »
    I would bypass the GP and find a therapist locally. CBT would probably work well for you to manage your thinking but other approaches would work as well. Best of luck with it remember it’s your (and your partners) day.

Thanks for the advice. I emailed a place a few weeks ago and they never came back to me ha ha just sent an email to another place this morning so hopefully I can set something up

Get a new GP. Three weeks is mad timing.[/quot

She is on annual leave but the others in the surgery are not as good IMO

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

OP it sounds like you're completely overwhelmed by everything, but eight weeks is still loads of time. You mentioned your dress and your family, is there anything else that is stressing you out? At this stage if you're this stressed I'd say just drop some of the smaller details that don't ultimately matter, or see if you can delegate them to someone else. Is your fiancé being supportive, are there friends who could help you out with some of the final details?

For your dress, I'm not sure what your main problem is with it. Are there any details that could be changed that would make you happier with it? If you got it in a boutique, could you ask them for advice on any tweaks that could be made?

I'm not sure what to suggest for family troubles as I'm not sure what they are, but you may have to accept that some things are out of your control e.g. if there is tension between some of your family that has nothing to do with you.

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I think your right overwhelmed is the right word.
    My fiancé probably isn’t as supportive as I would like he is going through his own stress at the moment having started a new job so I am very conscious of this. It is all little things that are pushing me over the edge but they still need to get done and I feel I am the only one who can do it. In most cases I am. We are very fine poor as a family which is the biggest issue he does shift work and we have two smallies so it’s finding the time to get things done

Keco wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I think your right overwhelmed is the right word.
    My fiancé probably isn’t as supportive as I would like he is going through his own stress at the moment having started a new job so I am very conscious of this. It is all little things that are pushing me over the edge but they still need to get done and I feel I am the only one who can do it. In most cases I am. We are very fine poor as a family which is the biggest issue he does shift work and we have two smallies so it’s finding the time to get things done

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Sounds really tough, it's tricky enough preparing for a wedding without 2 littlies to look after in the middle of it all, fair play to you!

It's an overwhelming thing in general - so few of us have ever planned an event this big, and hopefully never will again! What helped me was writing a big list and then choosing what to prioritise, what you can delegate and what to just let go of. Then force yourself to only focus on one thing at a time and start ticking things off in order of urgency and priority. Let some things go completely. I know I really wanted to create nice table name things and get them printed - in the end we hand wrote them on leftover invitation paper and I doubt anyone noticed at all. Is there anything where you can just take an easier way out? Or can you delegate it and decide you don't care about the outcome. We had planned on having a playlist of background music over dinner and I asked my husband to do it. Never happened and honestly I didn't care at all by the time I realised it. A lot of things that are super important 8 weeks out aren't such big deals a day or 2 before.

The other suggestion would be to make sure you get a wedding free day at least once a week so you can just relax and hang out with your family.

Do you have some good bridesmaids or friends who can take a look at the dress with you - sometimes little tweaks like the right jewellery or shoes can make all the difference from a dress you think is ok to an outfit you love!?

Advertisement