Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallon & Byrne

Options
  • 17-10-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Just wondering has anyone got married or even been to a wedding in Fallon & Byrne in Dublin City,
    My question is , i see if its over 50 people you can only pick one option for the main course on the menu, For a wedding of 100 people this must be very hard to pick on that suited everyone ?

I also see they do a tapas menu for wedding , is this a little bit too relaxed for a wedding ? anyone ever been to a wedding there and how did the food work out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We looked at it when we were planning our wedding several years ago and ruled it out. We were having 90, we saw the room set up for 80 and it was very tight. I don't know if this is still the case but they were inflexible, no negotiation on anything, no option to supply our own wine and no budging on the menus. You got what they said you got basically. I know people who've had smaller weddings there and it has worked well and they were happy but we felt we didn't get enough from it for what we had budgeted for. When we added in things like finger food and evening food it was a hefty price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

lazygal wrote: »
    We looked at it when we were planning our wedding several years ago and ruled it out. We were having 90, we saw the room set up for 80 and it was very tight. I don't know if this is still the case but they were inflexible, no negotiation on anything, no option to supply our own wine and no budging on the menus. You got what they said you got basically. I know people who've had smaller weddings there and it has worked well and they were happy but we felt we didn't get enough from it for what we had budgeted for. When we added in things like finger food and evening food it was a hefty price.

Cheers for the insight , just of a matter of interest where did you end up going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Cheers for the insight , just of a matter of interest where did you end up going ?

We got married in Howth Yacht Club and had our reception there. Very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Hey guys
    Just wondering has anyone got married or even been to a wedding in Fallon & Byrne in Dublin City,
    My question is , i see if its over 50 people you can only pick one option for the main course on the menu, For a wedding of 100 people this must be very hard to pick on that suited everyone ?

I also see they do a tapas menu for wedding , is this a little bit too relaxed for a wedding ? anyone ever been to a wedding there and how did the food work out ?

I was at a wedding there and I guess it was the tapas option, the table got a big roast fish, pot of curry, stew and maybe one or 2 other things. It was honestly the nicest food I've ever had at a wedding! Was gonna say I'd definitely choose it over just one main option, but come to think of it I'd also choose it over the standard choice of 2.

I was at a wedding there and I guess it was the tapas option, the table got a big roast fish, pot of curry, stew and maybe one or 2 other things. It was honestly the nicest food I've ever had at a wedding! Was gonna say I'd definitely choose it over just one main option, but come to think of it I'd also choose it over the standard choice of 2.

Hey thanks for the feed back, did it seem a bit informal or was everyone happy with it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Didn't seem in any way strange. Everyone loved it as far as I could see.

Didn't seem in any way strange. Everyone loved it as far as I could see.

Thanks for the heads up.,
    The wedding planner there was telling us its something couples are hesitant on but nay that go for it end up loving it,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Not a wedding, but a corporate event. Had a buffet, very similar to what is mentioned as Tapas above.

Best food I have ever had at that type of event.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Muinteoir2018

I was a guest at a wedding there near Christmas time. It was tapas style. The food was absolutely amazing. We had antipasto platters and an amazing selection of breads first. Multiple shared dishes after that, with each one tasting amazing. The food later in the night was also fab. Slider burgers etc etc and fabulous mini desserts and so many of them to sample. It stood out. I would definitely recommend it.

I got married there exactly a year ago today!

We had beef or fish (with vegetarian options too) but we only had about 40 people for the meal.

Highly recommend the venue though.

• Advertisement

I got married there exactly a year ago today!

We had beef or fish (with vegetarian options too) but we only had about 40 people for the meal.

Highly recommend the venue though.

The only issue we have is for our numbers it one option for dinner ( plus vegetarian option ) , if it was two we'd 100% go for it,

We may still go for it but it has put a doubt in our mind,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My son had his reception there.
    Lovely roast beef and loads of trimmings.
    Great day. Nice and private there too.

The only issue we have is for our numbers it one option for dinner ( plus vegetarian option ) , if it was two we'd 100% go for it,

We may still go for it but it has put a doubt in our mind,

I'd go for the tapas if that's the only thing that you are worried about. Either that or let people pick the veggie option.

(If it was me doing it again, I'd tell everyone who complained to feck off to Boojum) :D

Advertisement