Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Synod

Options
  • 06-10-2019 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Is the current amazon synod the beginning of the great schism in the catholic church that many catholic mystics predicted in the past ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

From videos I've seen on YouTube, it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Is the current amazon synod the beginning of the great schism in the catholic church that many catholic mystics predicted in the past ?
    Can you point specifically to any of the Catholic mystics concerned, and to their predictions of schism? Not that I'm doubting you, but a meaningful answer to the question "is this event the fulfilment of these prophecies?" isn't really possible unless we start by looking at the prophecies in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Sagats_knee

Not hard to predict something that’s already happened 1000 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

saint francis had a prophecy

"At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death. Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it.

“There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God….

“Those who preserve their fervor and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth…

“Some preachers will keep silent about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days Our Lord Jesus Christ will send them, not a true Pastor, but a destroyer.”

What makes you think that St. Francis ever said this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

What is the schism between the amazon clergy and the rest? It's not quickly apparent from googling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

What is the schism between the amazon clergy and the rest? It's not quickly apparent from googling.

Peregrinus wrote: »

its in the book (Works of the Seraphic Father, St. Francis of Assisi [London: R. Washbourne, 1882], pp. 248-250)

the schism has't come yet as the church remains unchanged but if the amazon synod gets its way and changes the church the cracks of the schism will soon appear after.

its in the book (Works of the Seraphic Father, St. Francis of Assisi [London: R. Washbourne, 1882], pp. 248-250)
    What source does that book give for the claim? Is Washbourne the author or the publisher and, if the publisher, who is the author? Not to be picky or anything, but by the time that book was published St Francis had been dead for more than 600 years. We need a better source than this.

Sorry to grill you like this, but I'm very sceptical of the idea that St. Francis ever said anything like this. Googling suggests that the belief that he said it seems to be current only among some of the odder fringe traditionalist groups, and they mostly seem to be copying one another's claims about this.

• Advertisement

(The other possibility that you should consider, if it turns out the St Francis did say this, is that the events it referred to, although in the future at the time of St Francis, might now be long in the past. Events that would fit these statements have happened many times in the past 700 years.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

See the page scans here:

https://novusordowatch.org/saint-francis-assisi-prophecy-destroyer/

(The other possibility that you should consider, if it turns out the St Francis did say this, is that the events it referred to, although in the future at the time of St Francis, might now be long in the past. Events that would fit these statements have happened many times in the past 700 years.)

There are other prophecies converging adding weight to each other ...one of the more recent is ones from maria divine mercy...

My dearly beloved daughter, there is a rage in Heaven, at this time, as the Crown of Thorns descend to crush My Body, the Catholic Church, on earth.
    This prophecy given to you, in much detail, over the last two years, has come to pass. Now, as My other Revelations will soon be realized, very few of My sacred servants will be able to ignore My Pleas to the human race, at this ungodly hour in your time.
    They, the wicked group have begun their campaign, to rid the earth of the Truth of My Teachings. My Holy Vicar has been forced into this action and will suffer greatly as a result. Masonry has infiltrated My Church on earth and soon the schism, as foretold, will create division and disquiet amongst My faithful servants.
    Many have no idea as to the deceit with which they are being presented. Nor do they know that the foundation of My Church, the Catholic Church, has been crushed to dust. In its place, will rise the abomination and I will intervene and send signs in order to warn every soul of the importance of praying, so that they can discern Truth from fiction.
    It is not the collapse of the Catholic Church, which will soon become evident, which will divide the world. It will be their involvement in the creation of a New World Church, a one-world religion, which will introduce paganism and idolatry.
    The false prophet has prepared well and his time is coming. In collaboration with the antichrist they will bring the world to its knees. It won’t be to God they will pay homage, it will be to the beast.
    I urge all My disciples, My Christian followers, everywhere, to remain calm. Pray for peace and allow Me, your Jesus, to guide you at this time.
    I call on all of My cardinals, My bishops and My sacred servants, to unite your flock and remain loyal to My Teachings. Pay close attention to what you will be asked to preach for it will change. Your homilies will be devised and written for a secular world and they will have no substance.
    In a bid, to be seen to modernise the Catholic Church, this is what will be presented to you -the promotion of all-inclusive congregations – all religions rolled into one, so-called Christian Unified Church. All the outward signs may, at first, seem the same, but that is what you are meant to see. Slowly you will no longer recognise My Holy Scripture, as new words, phrases and new formats to the presentation of the Sacraments will be placed before you.
    There will be a panic amongst those true loyal conservative priests who will be alarmed at the new modern format the Church will embrace when they will re-launch a new type of modern alternative Church.
    It will be through the network of masonry, which is infiltrated in every corner of the Catholic Church, governments and the media, that this abomination will be presented as a great innovation.
    This is the beginning of the end. My Presence will be discreetly banished for the new ceremony of the Masses.
    All the pomp and ceremony will mask an empty tabernacle, for My Divine Presence, will no longer be permitted, by My Father.
    You must remain united and, if you are Catholic, continue to attend daily Masses and Holy Communion. For all Christians you must know that, you too, will be lured into the New World Religion, plotted by nations who are in league with the traitors of My Catholic Church. They wish to create a secular, humanistic, façade – a façade, which masks the evil it will promote, subtly.

kelly1 wrote: »
    Well, the page scans are from 1882, which still leaves a gap of more than 600 years, and the page scans do nothing to suggest how or why the writer, in 1882, believed that St. Francis had said this. Is this anything more than a pious fiction?

(And harrylittle may wish to note the footnote on page 250 which suggest that this prophecy was fulfilled long ago. If that's correct, then there's no reason to try to link it with the current synod.)

Well, the page scans are from 1882, which still leaves a gap of more than 600 years, and the page scans do nothing to suggest how or why the writer, in 1882, believed that St. Francis had said this. Is this anything more than a pious fiction?

(And harrylittle may wish to note the footnote on page 250 which suggest that this prophecy was fulfilled long ago. If that's correct, then there's no reason to try to link it with the current synod.)

A footnote ...is only the authors opinion based on known facts at the time i'd imagine the the author might change his footnote if he was alive today to see the current amazon synod and the attempts to destroy the traditional catholic church

interesting view point from a father issac and to quote his words " This is so bad so diabolical that even heretics who founded the protestant revolution would be shocked."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEb3PNzZ3c

Another prophecy by mdm appears to be playing out .......

"Changes to be introduced in the Church, which will contradict the Word of God
    Tuesday, 13 September 2011 @ 15:15
    Message 191
    My dearly beloved daughter, it is I, Jesus Christ, who came in the flesh.
    My most holy word must now be heard by My Sacred Servants everywhere.
    All my followers must share these messages with My Sacred Servants of all Christian denominations.
    It is vital that they are encouraged to hear My Word at this crucial time, before they are torn asunder and split into two camps.
    The work of the deceiver has infiltrated My Church on every level.
    Very soon now, slowly but surely, you will see holy Masses being reduced.
    You will see the removal of special prayers and some of the sacraments, such as confession, begin to diminish.
    I call on My Sacred Servants now to listen to me and pray for discernment.
    It is I who calls you now, so I can save your flock.
    It is I who wants to open your hearts so you can plan for these end times, which will herald a brand new beginning for the world.
    You will be asked to show allegiance to the False Prophet very soon.
    See him for what he is and judge his works in order to see if they bear fruit.
    For the fruit that he and his slavish devotees will yield will be rotten to the core.
    One bite will destroy your allegiance to me.
    Two or more bites will drive such a wedge between you and My Sacred Heart that you will find it almost impossible to enter My Father’s Kingdom.
    Watch carefully now the changes you will see creeping in within your own ministry.
    Some of these adjustments will not seem to be a problem in the beginning.
    But as time moves on certain changes will be forced upon you and you will be made to swallow lies.
    The lies will come from Satan and will be dressed in sheep’s clothing.
    For those pure of heart you will know instantly and will recognize the evil cunning in place, which is being designed to destroy My Church on Earth, from within its own corridors.
    My truth will cause gasps of indignity throughout the world when my priests will say surely this prophecy is a lie?
    The only lie that they will have to bear witness to will be the one they are forced to approve, which will be in direct opposition to my Sacred Scriptures given to mankind right from the start.
    Never allow yourselves to accept any other truth other than that contained in the Holy Bible.
    Many changes will be introduced, which will contradict the word of my Eternal Father.
    These changes, My Sacred Servants, won’t be of Divine origin and you must reject these untruths if you want to remain loyal to me.
    Wake up.
    Stand up to those lies you will have to face.
    Never accept them.
    My Eternal Father’s word will never change.
    It can never be adjusted by mankind.
    Many of you will be so distraught that you will find yourselves isolated from your fellow Sacred Servants.
    Fear not, for there is only one side you can choose.
    That will be the side where I stand.
    There is no other side.
    Your Beloved Saviour
    Jesus Christ "

another mdm prophecy about changes to the catholic church......

Monday, 23 December 2013 @ 18:36
    Message 999
    My child, the darkness will drop so suddenly over My Son’s Church, that many will be become instantly silent, so shocked will they be.
    My Son, Jesus Christ the king, will be declared to be no longer king.
    In his place will be the elevated pagan Gods and all religions, including those who do not come from God and all will take up position in My Son’s Church on Earth.
    To the world the new proclamation of so-called Christianity will seem to be good news.
    The world will rejoice, because many will welcome what they will see to be great tolerance for every kind of act, which up to then was deemed to be a sin in the eyes of God.
    When My Son walked the Earth, the Pharisees rejected the truth.
    They believed only in what suited them and they believed in many falsehoods.
    They would not accept My Son’s outstretched arms, as he proclaimed the holy word of God.
    The time has come, once again, for those who claim to know the truth to deny My Son.
    By this, I mean his holy word as proclaimed in the most holy gospels.
    Soon, the most holy book will be discarded and a new blasphemous substitute will be declared to all, within My Son’s Church and outside of it.
    Many will be deceived.
    So cunning are My Son’s enemies that this new and obscene imitation of the word of God will have many believe that it is simply a modern, updated version of the new testament.
    My Son’s word will be used and changed to mean something new – something he never said.
    The evil one, through the enemies of My Son, will always deceive the world by using the truth as a base for lies.
    They will always attack what is true by working with the truth, in order to defame My Son’s word.
    They will start with his word first and destroy it – first, by mocking it and then by discarding it, in favour of heresy.
    Then they will attack his flesh.
    The word was made flesh in the form of My Son.
    They crucified My Son before and now, as he comes again to renew the Earth, they will destroy the Holy Eucharist.
    All of those with faith must persevere during these terrible birth pangs, because when it is all over the Son of Man will rise and will come to reclaim his Kingdom on Earth.
    Those who love My Son must honour him at all times and never deny him.
    You must be prepared to live by the truth and never succumb to accepting lies, which will be spread all over the world and the, soon to be declared, new one world religion.
    When you see these things happen, be assured that the time will be close for the Second Coming of the one true Saviour – Jesus Christ, the King of humanity.
    Your Beloved Mother
    Mother of Salvation

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

another mdm prophecy about changes to the catholic church......

Monday, 23 December 2013 @ 18:36
    Message 999
    My child, the darkness will drop so suddenly over My Son’s Church, that many will be become instantly silent, so shocked will they be.

The catholic church has already allowed to happen and then covered up the sexual abuse and rape of children, the selling of children and the abuse and mistreatment of women.

Writing something in 2013 isn't any sort of prophecy,
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The whole tawdry spectacle, which is far more about the agenda of German Catholic Church (the wealthy German Church whose monetary wealth is an astounding contrast to the shrinking numbers who bother listen to them) and Corporate-Internationalist US-Euro funders (the pro abortion Ford Foundation and the open borders supporting UN and Soros Foundation observers are just some), seems in a way an envoi to Vatican II, or least to the Pact of the Catacombs understanding of it.

Francis exclaims 'I want the confusion,' which has to be one reaction on seeing a pagan ceremony in the Vatican gardens, and other pagan rites in the parish church where the Pachamama (which Francis calls it) were placed, and thankfully later given a swim. The claims of epic levels of dishonesty and immorality in the Bergoglian Secretariat of State (the latest one involves the misuse of apartments in London bought for investment after oil shares were liquidated), whose deputy Edgar Peña Parra has been linked to homosexual sexual harassment in a seminary he once headed (almost a standard accusation in those parts), and worse besides has to have some connection to the synod evildoings.

one of many images of the Vatican Garden ceremony

Alexander V had, for example, limited moral qualities, but his was the conduct of a secular nobleman who wished to enrich his family and the territory he ruled (Sixtus V and Urban VIII rated him in that sense of pure ability, political skill), whereas here the wrongdoing has a pointless and nihilist form.

Our Lady of La Salette prophesised apostasy in Rome, as did other mystics, perhaps this is it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50197296
    Roman Catholic bishops have voted to allow married men to become priests in the Amazon region, exempting them from the centuries-old rule on celibacy.
    The vote came at the end of a Vatican assembly on the Amazon, where there is a severe shortage of priests.

For the proposal to take effect, it must be backed by Pope Francis, who is due to make his position clear soon.

Traditionalists fear a slippery slope to married priests throughout the Church, diluting its unique character.

One persons unique character, is another persons backward, outdated and sexist outlook I guess.
    I know of people who run companys that have a unique character's too, they look down on women and will hire a man over a women any chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I think we'll know that after the Apostolic Exhortation. I have't heard of a schism though, only apostasy.

Advertisement