Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost HD channels Freeview

Options
  • 10-11-2019 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why UK HD channels would be gone from freeview? Balbriggan area. Father in laws gone too. Normal arial. Worked fine until a couple of months ago.

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Are you getting Freeview from Kilkeel? If that's the case I assume you've retuned or all channels would be lost, due to the frequency changes back in September.

Anyhow, if it's Kilkeel, said changes could also be the cause of your loss of the HD mux only, due to interference from other transmitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

dubmick wrote: »
    Anyone know why UK HD channels would be gone from freeview? Balbriggan area. Father in laws gone too. Normal arial. Worked fine until a couple of months ago.

Thanks

Michael
    I live in laytown and after the re- tune. I lost my HD to. I think it's either sat or try wales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

castle2012 wrote: »
    I live in laytown and after the re- tune. I lost my HD to. I think it's either sat or try wales

Even problems here up north after frequency change and retune. Com 8 (now C60 Divis) gone altogether for me and Com 7 (now C51) intermittent. NIMM (now Com 33 Black Mountain) is not as strong either.
    On another note Mux 1 (C42/C56 Clermont Carn) is not as stable for me as C56 was before retune.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

We have been having major issues since the retuning - we're in Monaghan. Previously we had excellent reception but now a lot of HD channels gone - could live with that but even non HD BBC badly broken up , in fact unwatchable. On one set (walker) not too bad but on another , fed through a Panasonic HWT 130 digital box really bad. Only RTE channels coming in without interference.

Odd thing is on the second set if we detach the Panasonic box the TV's own tuner (plain non HD Freeview) reception is fine except RTE etc not available.

At a loss as to how to proceed - even thinking about going back to Sky although really don't want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cal60 wrote: »
    We have been having major issues since the retuning - we're in Monaghan. Previously we had excellent reception but now a lot of HD channels gone - could live with that but even non HD BBC badly broken up , in fact unwatchable. On one set (walker) not too bad but on another , fed through a Panasonic HWT 130 digital box really bad. Only RTE channels coming in without interference.

Odd thing is on the second set if we detach the Panasonic box the TV's own tuner (plain non HD Freeview) reception is fine except RTE etc not available.

At a loss as to how to proceed - even thinking about going back to Sky although really don't want to do that.

No need for Sky. All the main channels BBC, UTV, CH4, CH5 etc are freely available in HD on satellite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Get a Manhattan freesat box off amazon and get an installer to put a dish in for you, you can thank me later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

We have been having major issues since the retuning - we're in Monaghan. Previously we had excellent reception but now a lot of HD channels gone - could live with that but even non HD BBC badly broken up , in fact unwatchable ...

... At a loss as to how to proceed - even thinking about going back to Sky although really don't want to do that.

I'd forget about the likes of BBC4 HD & Channel 4 + 1 HD for now anyway: there's no point changing your aerial setup to try to get those temporary HD muxes back.

Loss of those muxes should be the only effect the retune had for you, so there must be something else wrong if you've also lost a previously good BBC SD mux.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I'd forget about the likes of BBC4 HD & Channel 4 + 1 HD for now anyway: there's no point changing your aerial setup to try to get those temporary HD muxes back.

Loss of those muxes should be the only effect the retune had for you, so there must be something else wrong if you've also lost a previously good BBC SD mux.

Tend to agree as apart from Com 7/Com 8 and NIMM all other muxes remained on the frequencies they were on before the changes. Only problem with frequency changes could be that new frequencies (C51/C60) are co -channel with those on some transmitters in ROI. C33 was already being used from Divis prior to latest change.

Advertisement