Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Transplant Turkey - Cosmedica

Options
  • 26-09-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm about to book a fue HT in Istanbul. The best clinic for reviews that I can find in Istanbul seems to be Cosmedica. Does anyone have any additional information or advice not to go there or any other suggestions?

I'm due to get 2000 graphs in the temple area. I', planning on not getting the top of my head shaved and returning to work after 10days and hopefully people won't notice.

If anyone has any info or anything I should look out for them please feel free to post, even if it's negative.

Also is there any reliable place or forum for reviews?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Trek Man

Hi Donal.
    Did u go to Cosmedica in the end? I am 1year post op.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DonalB1

I haven't yet. I booked in but then something came up last minute with work.

I'm still very much on the fence. How have you found it?

Yeah found it great. Still have a bit more growth to come but it has made a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Trek Man wrote: »
    Yeah found it great. Still have a bit more growth to come but it has made a huge difference.

Hey man have you any pics how much did you pay?

I paid €2550. That included 3 night in Hotel all transport to and from hospital and 6 months meds and Shampoos. Think the prices have gone up a bit since though. Not posting pics on boards but if u want to pm ur number I can send u on picsðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I paid €2550. That included 3 night in Hotel all transport to and from hospital and 6 months meds and Shampoos. Think the prices have gone up a bit since though. Not posting pics on boards but if u want to pm ur number I can send u on picsðŸ‘

Do you have to continue to use certain shampoos and medication post op or for rest of your life? I'm 35 and entertaining the idea but very anxious and unsure about it all. Any pics of before and after you could pm me? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DonalB1

Hey Trek Man, my main concern is when you shave your head and it falls back out after 3 weeks, does it not look very obvious to everyone then?

I'd like to keep it private that I've had it done, right now I'm receeding but I'm able to cover it so only those closest to me would know what my actual hairline looks like. I'm happy to have a shaved head but if it ends up falling out then it'll be so obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

DonalB1 wrote: »
    Hey Trek Man, my main concern is when you shave your head and it falls back out after 3 weeks, does it not look very obvious to everyone then?

I'd like to keep it private that I've had it done, right now I'm receeding but I'm able to cover it so only those closest to me would know what my actual hairline looks like. I'm happy to have a shaved head but if it ends up falling out then it'll be so obvious[/QUOTE
    No obligation to shave your head, i just got the backed shaved and new hair implanted to lower my hairline and fill in the temples, my existing hair covered up the transplanted area, 5 months on and nobody is any the wiser that i had a transplant.

Donal with FUE shaved head you won't be able to keep it a secret .I told my mates and work buddies I was getting it done. When the shedding phase starts all the transplanted hairs fall out but ur donar area still grows, giving u a monty burns style head. This can't be helped as you are not meant to cut the donar for a least 3 to 4 months, even then u have to use a scissors and not a buzzer. The first few months are not easy but after month 4 it starts to get exciting.

I was giving 6 months supply of shampoos and vitamins.after 6 months were up I bought a further 12 months supply. I am 14 months post op now so when 18 months are up i am stopping vitamins completely. Please note these are vitamins and not finasteride, I would touch finasteride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I just sent over my pictures to them this morning so hopefully I hear back soon. They now offer two procedures, the FUE or DHI. The DHI can be done without shaving your head and apparently is the latest newest technique.

That's interesting Canonball, that procedure must new quite new. Would love to know how they operate.Could be a winner.

So I’ve just been quoted from the Cosmedica clinic they are saying I’ll need a two day job as it’s adavanced hair loss gulp! Has anyone else been here? Is it good safe etc? Is there any other clinics people can recommend? Thanks

So I’ve just been quoted from the Cosmedica clinic they are saying I’ll need a two day job as it’s adavanced hair loss gulp! Has anyone else been here? Is it good safe etc? Is there any other clinics people can recommend? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aallaann9003

How many graphs did you get done for that price.
    Thanks

4900 grafts

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikeoc85

Hi guys, just had a the operation done with a clinic in Istanbul. Just a small synopsis for anyone that’s on the fence, here’s an unbiased opinion.

Basically had been looking at this for a few years, had actually paid a small deposit with another clinic but from reading posts here and speaking to another friend I changed my mind last minute and booked somewhere else.

I’m not sure if this post will help anyone, but I had real anxiety before booking. Couldn’t make up my mind where to go ant the more I read the more confused I was, coming on boards and other forums helped a lot so thanks for that.

So anyway, I booked in with a place a few days ago and got out to them at the first available date because my head was wrecked just reading and thinking about it. Day of procedure I was picked up at 8am from hotel and brought to clinic. Had bloods taken and pictures taken and then consultation with the head doctor. He drew the line he thought was best and I went with it as it was close to what I wanted anyway. In hindsight I kind of wish I moved this down a milimeter or two but I also wanted it to be age appropriate. I asked about single hair follicles being used at the hairline and he assured me of course.

Then you meet the team and lie down to have the procedure done. First is the injections which is the most uncomfortable part of the procedure. After that they make the extractions and there were 3 other people working on these grafts as they were being extracted. I didn’t have a huge amount so afterwards I had a glass of water. At this point I asked how could they differentiate between single hair grafts and double and triples and they showed me, it looked like you could see the individual ones and the triples etc.

So then we started on the insertion, I went for DHI and it felt like it was a pen that was pumping my skull but I can’t be sure on this tbh. The whole procedure was pain free and the only uncomfort was the injections. After that I was ready to go. I had temples done and they had told me from photos it’d be 2000-2500 grafts but they ended up taking 2250.

It’s only been a few days but it was all much more straight forward than I thought, I’d probably compare it with going to the dentist for a long appointment. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the only concern I have at the moment is whether my hairline is what I’m happy with. I have attached my a photo below.

Let me know what you think guys, good or bad as I have personally found this group incredibly helpful. And anyone that has any questions, please let me know and I’ll answer asap.

Did you go to cosmedica? Did you have to take finasteride after?

Newport81 wrote: »
    Did you go to cosmedica? Did you have to take finasteride after?

No, I was going to go to cosmedica but I was speaking to someone I knew that had good results with dr cinik so booked with him instead. He didn’t push finastride and I don’t take it, I’ll start taking saw palmatto and biotin now. I hope that in 5-10 years if I need a bit more that I’ll have enough doner hair. The whole experience was hassle free and have no complaints apart from I wish they made my hairline a millimetre or two lower at the edge of my temples. I’m probably being fussy but I can’t even picture how the hairline will turn out now

just had a look at his site there, its hard to know who would be the best to go too there are so many conflicting reports online about them all! was it expensive?

• Advertisement

Newport81 wrote: »
    just had a look at his site there, its hard to know who would be the best to go too there are so many conflicting reports online about them all! was it expensive?

Yea I found the exact same. And then once you settle on someone there’s the different methods etc haha

What made me pull the trigger was getting a first hand account from someone I know, it’s hard online because you don’t know the authenticity of the reviews. From my research dr cinik, cosmedica and hair of Istanbul seem to be the best for under 5k. Mine was €2,500 for DHI. They all pretty much do the same methods etc. Dr sees you, draws hairline, perhaps does incisions and then techs do the rest. Hair of instanbul are more expensive than the other two but have outrageously good hairlines and I was tempted to go there because of this, I would love the straight hairline but then what happens when I’m 45-50? It will look so unnatural and you can’t really undo it.

There is one other place FUEcapilar in Istanbul, around the 2-3k for the procedure but the doctor only sees one patient a day and does all of the work himself, results seem to be good but obviously have less of them because lower volume. They’re booked up for quite a bit too but could be worth looking into

mikeoc85 wrote: »
    Yea I found the exact same. And then once you settle on someone there’s the different methods etc haha

What made me pull the trigger was getting a first hand account from someone I know, it’s hard online because you don’t know the authenticity of the reviews. From my research dr cinik, cosmedica and hair of Istanbul seem to be the best for under 5k. Mine was €2,500 for DHI. They all pretty much do the same methods etc. Dr sees you, draws hairline, perhaps does incisions and then techs do the rest. Hair of instanbul are more expensive than the other two but have outrageously good hairlines and I was tempted to go there because of this, I would love the straight hairline but then what happens when I’m 45-50? It will look so unnatural and you can’t really undo it.

There is one other place FUEcapilar in Istanbul, around the 2-3k for the procedure but the doctor only sees one patient a day and does all of the work himself, results seem to be good but obviously have less of them because lower volume. They’re booked up for quite a bit too but could be worth looking into

Yeah the hair of Istanbul hairlines look great i never really considered how unnatural that would look as you age! ive just emailed your dr for a quote now will see what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boylano21

Hi Everyone, I'm just at the stage of looking to book. I know it's been a few years since your transplants. Are people happy with results??

Advertisement