Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Men or Playlist

• 05-11-2019 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have been looking at god knows how many wedding bands, and have narrowed it down to 2 contenders, either "The Best Men" or "Playlist". I was hoping I could get a (genuine) opinion on either of these bands if anyone has seen them or have heard of them. They both seem very professional from their websites and online videos.

The Best Men: www(dot)thebestmen(dot)ie
    Playlist: www(dot)playlist(dot).ie

I am also open to other bands if you feel they are able to contend with these. I have looked at the following bands but they are either unavailable or do not appeal to me:
    Pyramid, The Seducers, Phil N The Blanks, The Vinyls

Budget is €3000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

We had The Best Men for reception, Kooky Ukes for drinks reception and used their DJ too.
    Absolutely exceptional from start to finish. They just arrived and did their job with zero need for us to tell them anything.

The Best Men had the dancefloor full from start to finish from the youngest up to late 80s. DJ was good craic and didnt just stand there playing a set list. Kooky Ukes were really cool too.

The whole booking experience was so smooth and they got us to fill out a questionnaire to get a feel for what kind of vibe we wanted.
    Would book them again in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

We picked the best men but they weren’t available for our date. We saw them at a friends wedding.
    Any one have sway social?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Best men or beat boutique are brilliant! You'll not regret either if you can get them. I had the kooky ukes aswell for ceremony and reception music and they are great musicians

Just saw The Best Men are doing a showcase soon (on their fb page). Definitely worth going if you're near Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭cr-07

Not near Dublin so didn't get a chance to see them unfortunately. I booked them anyway (along with their DJ service) as they seem quite professional and have gotten good reviews. Hopefully they live up to expectation! :D

• Advertisement

You won't be disappointed!

Advertisement