Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2021

Options
  • 14-06-2021 10:38am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Biggest and best flat meeting of the year begins tomorrow.
    Looking forward to seeing Battash back out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Loving seeing Love been declared for the POW. The distance might be a bit short but the ground is ideal and she had the speed to win a Guineas.

All-in all it's shaping up to be a brilliant week of racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

PP offering a free €5 bet on 2:30 race tomorrow. Anything other than Palace Pier (currently 4/9) in with a chance of winning it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

PP offering a free €5 bet on 2:30 race tomorrow. Anything other than Palace Pier (currently 4/9) in with a chance of winning it?

Don't think so, he's 2 from 2 this year.

Order Of Australia has some top class form at a mile and is still open to improvement at the trip plus the Australia's improve with age and all that still wouldn't be enough. Somehow it's hard to imagine Aidan having him revved up against a bit of a monster on his first outing this year.

Lope Y Fernandez ran a stinker on the Soft ground behind Palace Pier in the Lockinge. If he's not fubared he has a good chance of finishing 2nd on this much better ground.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Would take a swing at something like Lord Glitters with the free fiver myself

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

The Mig wrote: »
    Would take a swing at something like Lord Glitters with the free fiver myself

10/1 w/o Palace Pier is probably the best place for the free fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

A bit of a joke they chose that race considering it has a 4/9 fav!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Doesn't allow the betting w/o either with the freebet.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

My free fiver will go on Sir Busker. Into 18/1 now so not loads of value but has decent Ascot form and will like the ground. Favourite looks solid but you'd have to take a bit of a swing.

Aside from that I think Bullace might be overpriced in the St. James Palace. Only beaten a length behind both Mostahdaf and Highland Avenue last time and those two are single figure odds. Worth a few quid at 40/1 4 places with Paddy.

The other one I had my eye on today was Dalton Highway for Dermot Weld in the Ascot Stakes but some of the shine is taken off that with the price falling dramatically overnight. Still available at 16s with Bet 365 but the question is whether to take the better price with them or play the extra places with PP. Paddy playing 6 places but now as short as 11/1 so I think I'll chance the 16s 4 places Bet 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    A bit of a joke they chose that race considering it has a 4/9 fav!

Still a free bet is a free bet. They do one every saturday, you don't even have to match it.

Battaash @2/1?

*checks what time the Credit Union opens*

• Advertisement

Battaash @2/1?

*checks what time the Credit Union opens*

I've long given up on banks/credit unions. It's now in a box out back , fourth
    tree on the left, 6 paces to the right.:cool:

I've long given up on banks/credit unions. It's now in a box out back , fourth
    tree on the left, 6 paces to the right.:cool:

Or was that sixth tree on the right, 4 paces to the left!:eek:

Bet365 is a free fiver bet on any race today

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

The Mig wrote: »
    Bet365 is a free fiver bet on any race today

I've just gone into the app and can't find that in the offers section? Did you do it in the App?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

deeks wrote: »
    I've just gone into the app and can't find that in the offers section? Did you do it in the App?

When you go to place a bet it gives you a tickbox for the stake for a free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

If LA BARROSA hadn't run in the Irish 2000 what price would he be today, 7,8/1?
    Think 20/1 with 4 places is huge on this ground.

gazza1 wrote: »
    If LA BARROSA hadn't run in the Irish 2000 what price would he be today, 7,8/1?
    Think 20/1 with 4 places is huge on this ground.

That’s where my free fiver went

When you go to place a bet it gives you a tickbox for the stake for a free bet.

What Gav said @Deeks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Has Battash lost this race twice before? Wouldn’t be going big on him

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

I can’t let Ornate (3:40) go off at 250/1 (4places) without a bet. I’d just be raging if he placed and didn’t take him at that price. Shouldn’t be in this company in one sense and form this year wouldn’t give any hope.

However he can put in one superb performance a year and a repeat of his excellent run in good wood last year (neck behind glass slippers, 2-3L behind battash) would give him a place prospect. Probably finish last and at that price that’s to be expected, but just in case his one big performance this year occurs today, I’ll take my chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I can’t let Ornate (3:40) go off at 250/1 (4places) without a bet. I’d just be raging if he placed and didn’t take him at that price. Shouldn’t be in this company in one sense and form this year wouldn’t give any hope.

However he can put in one superb performance a year and a repeat of his excellent run in good wood last year (neck behind glass slippers, 2-3L behind battash) would give him a place prospect. Probably finish last and at that price that’s to be expected, but just in case his one big performance this year occurs today, I’ll take my chance.

66/1 ew extra 8 places b365

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

really nothing special about Palace pier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Milanative wrote: »

Ah here. Give it a rest will ye he's a superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

Ah here. Give it a rest will ye he's a superstar

marks massively inflated and will be beat again by a new comer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Milanative wrote: »

Apart from winning all the time

Been impressed with Winter power. 11/4 w/o Battaash for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hard to see winter power out of the frame 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A race too far for Battash.

Jason weaver is some clown from looking at that performance his verdict was that Battaash will be "impossible to beat at Goodwood"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Too late to be putting it up but Jeez the 28/1 5 places on Wembly seems like a great bet. He's not here to make up the numbers . Obv i'm also with Ontario (god loves a trier)

Advertisement