Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How are those dishes this morning?

Options
  • 08-01-2005 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any one has lost their dishes this morning after the terrible strong winds last night? Galway had it pretty bad and I know that it was the worst wind I have ever known here. Thought the roof was going to go around 2am. Dishe's are all fine though amazing enough and all seem to still be aligned? I'm a bit worried about the lidl dishes/mounts that people have recently purchased!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

Mine is still hanging on there. Mind you i found my bin a mile down the road this morning. Thank god my dish has no wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

It was knocked out of the alignment, I had to adjust the elevation this morning. The screws that keep the dish on a given elevation tighten across the plastic support, and that has a little give.
    The worst part is that the bracket seems to be moving a bit now. I will definitely have to move the dish out of the wind's way, or I stand to lose it along with the bracket and half the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have my lidl dish still beside me here since I fixed it up. Woke up at 5am to hear loud bang, donned pantaloons and rushed outside fearing the main dish ahd gone walkies, thank god it hadnt was just a bin from nextdoor rolling into their garage doors. Worst wind I remember here tbh (20years here) was viciously loud, now we have snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Colm80 wrote:
    Mine is still hanging on there. Mind you i found my bin a mile down the road this morning. Thank god my dish has no wheels.

Same here!! neighbour returned my bin this morning. when i switched on
    i expected to see " NO SATELITE SIGNAL RECIEVED" but both dishes were
    fine. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got about 5 phone calls this morning from people who needed their dishes realigned after last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Leonard wrote:
    I got about 5 phone calls this morning from people who needed their dishes realigned after last night.

I had to leave the bloomin' phone off all day to-day, just checked the message minder there now and it's full!!

God Bless mother nature :D

:-D When I used to work fulltime fixing pcs I used to love a good lightning storm !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

same here, was pretty hairy even today

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

All 3 of my Lidl dishes were grand, but then again I did modify the mounting brackets of mine (during the week) to withstand nights like last night biggrin.gif
    Got my DiseqC switch from Tony & Co. as well during the week so I'm fully set up for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no signal for me but that was sorted withing 2 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭willg

The Quad LNB actually got blown right out of the socked on my dish .. not damaged though .. will have it going again pretty quickly. :(

More storms tonight 60-70 mph

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

very windy again here in Galway. Winds been getting up since 2ish. Its not far off galeforce now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Wind rising now here as well, not too severe yet but rising steadily for the past hour.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well my 80cm Astra1/Hotbird dish has totally lost signals now. :( It was kinda broke already but the weather has totalled the signal now! The dish has no shelter anyway, it's 3ft up a pole with no wind barriers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

duridian wrote:
    Wind rising now here as well, not too severe yet but rising steadily for the past hour.

Starting up here now in Kilkenny, getting rough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Mines out of alignment. Just got the ladder out with a view to sorting it but its pointless right now. The wind nearly blew me off the ladder (and its not all that high up).
    The motor won't move - i hope its just water in the works or something - and that its not burn't out.

I can recollect storms but can never remember a time when theres been such high winds consistently over a period of days...

Moved to the weather board :D [/evil Grin]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tut tut tut...........

Well as expected wind picking up across the country now
    with gusts likely to reach 75mph in places...

Then Tuesday night see's a REAL STORM :eek: :eek:

Stay tuned to this Board 90mph Gusts from Tuesday feature
    are likely across northern areas with large amounts of damage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Well in the winds the other night, my dishes didn't seem to move, but then the drainer in the kitchen doesn't seem to get buffeted by the wind... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement