Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QIreland Entangling Event (workshop) 24-28th May

Options
  • 14-05-2021 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Ireland’s 1st Quantum Computing & Programming Workshop

24th - 28th May 2021

Free to participate and open to all with an interest in programming and learning about Quantum computing

What is it?
    It is a workshop aimed at high school students, university and graduate students, researchers, professors, and industrial people from Ireland (that's you!) who wants a practical introduction to Quantum Computing & Programming.

When is it?
    The entangling event for QIreland will take place during the last week of May: Monday 24th to Friday 28th May 2021 from 6-10pm in the evenings.

There is a ‘How to install everything’ session on Sunday 23rd May from 7-9pm so you can be confident of your computer environment.

Can I take part?
    Yes, you can and completely for free. You will see the registration link below - Fill this out by the 20th May. You will receive an email closer to the event giving you instructions on how to install the programs on your computer for the workshop.

It is a programming workshop and will use Python and Jupyter Notebooks (Anaconda). We will give you materials to introduce Python and the basic math needed for the workshop, which you can checkout beforehand. It would be a big advantage if you already have some basic programming knowledge and know about matrices.

What do I need to take part?
    A computer with Python, Anaconda and some Python libraries installed and the commitment for the five evenings of the workshop.

What do I get out of this?
    All the knowledge and some fun too! You'll be able to learn and use fundamental aspects of Quantum Computing and meet other people from Ireland (and maybe from abroad) with similar interests. In addition, upon completing the daily homework/short tests you can obtain a diploma for your efforts (QBronze achievement award).

How do I register?
    You may apply for the workshop by filling the application form until May 20, 2021.

Click here to access the application form >>

Due to a limited capacity we might have to restrict the number of participants, so before the workshop you'll get an official invitation to confirm your successful registration.

Extra Information
    You can find extra information and details of the sessions https://qworld.net/qbronze61-qireland/

We hope to see you all there!

QIreland’s Team

Advertisement